Week 3 OSU vs Ohio U

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Week 3 OSU vs Ohio U

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Solich brings his guys back to Columbus, where they almost stole one last time.

The Buckeyes just had a huge game, and the potential for a let down is ripe.

I doubt it happens, I think the team is much more mature and focused this time around.

But that's why they play the game.

What are your thoughts?

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Week 3 OSU vs Ohio U

Post by Paladin »

Bucks big.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I agree, there is always a possibility for a let down following a big game, but I honestly believe that the Buckeyes will not lose focus and will be ready to to play.

The Special Teams will get plenty of practice this week and I am confident the execution will be much improved (couldn't get any worse!)

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

the 3rd down gong sound will be too much for OU bucks big

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Bucks will be up by 17 at the half and win by 20...Tress won't run it up.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Ohio State is 6-0 overall against Ohio U. The first game they played occurred in 1899 and the last game was played in 2008. I would have thought that these two teams had more history, but according to this Site, this a match-up that hasn't been played very often.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewAr ... ID=1148305

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

I have season tickets to OU games and they aren't even on the same level as Marshall. Tressel will run the score up I believe because he is tired of all the doubters. I say:

Buckeyes - 45

Bobcats - 3

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I hope he does i so sick and tired of hearing how this team gets bashed by the media.
Bucks 40
OU maybe 10 depending on the special teams

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1F5BLLFAeM

Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool.
Loving you both is breaking all the rules.

:lol:

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

JT keeps this one close

Ohio State-41

Ohio-3

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

The Buckeyes should easily win this game. If they dwell on last week's game and have a hangover, we could see a similar result from two years ago, a very ugly win. Terrelle Pryor needs to continue to be a leader on the field and find the open man, and run the ball if necessary. The defense also needs to continue to put pressure on opposing offenses. They showed that are one of the nation's top defenses last week by dominating an extremely talented Miami offense.

If the Buckeyes play like they can, it's a 6 score game. If they play like they played against OU last year, this will be a 2 score ball game.
Last edited by Red_Dog on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

OSU embarasses OU...

I figure since Towson played Indiana the OSU Ad was on the phone with them right after the game for 2013-2014 schedule.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

OSU win this one. 35-10

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Buckeyes 45 OU 10

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i ain't much into predicting anymore. but it should be a very lopsided game. but i'll tell you i know tp is huge, and he is taking on linebackers and safeties. hitting them head up. he better start choosing a smarter option, and choosing to get out of bounds instead of taking the hits. or sliding after a run, or his tenure will be short lived. i know he has decked several already this year. but tress should and better put a stop to this, or we could turn into a whole different team without him. these linebackers and db's take these blows all game long. qb's , i don't care how big you are are not suppossed to. i admire it in terrell. but it will be his undoing , if a coach does not stop it.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i ain't much into predicting anymore. but it should be a very lopsided game. but i'll tell you i know tp is huge, and he is taking on linebackers and safeties. hitting them head up. he better start choosing a smarter option, and choosing to get out of bounds instead of taking the hits. or sliding after a run, or his tenure will be short lived. i know he has decked several already this year. but tress should and better put a stop to this, or we could turn into a whole different team without him. these linebackers and db's take these blows all game long. qb's , i don't care how big you are are not suppossed to. i admire it in terrell. but it will be his undoing , if a coach does not stop it.
Personally, I think he got banged up a little against Miami.
He didn't look like he should have during the 4th.
Everyone was getting hit that game though, both sides brought it and left it on the field.

I'd like to see a great 1st half, and then rest for Pryor during the second.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i ain't much into predicting anymore. but it should be a very lopsided game. but i'll tell you i know tp is huge, and he is taking on linebackers and safeties. hitting them head up. he better start choosing a smarter option, and choosing to get out of bounds instead of taking the hits. or sliding after a run, or his tenure will be short lived. i know he has decked several already this year. but tress should and better put a stop to this, or we could turn into a whole different team without him. these linebackers and db's take these blows all game long. qb's , i don't care how big you are are not suppossed to. i admire it in terrell. but it will be his undoing , if a coach does not stop it.
Personally, I think he got banged up a little against Miami.
He didn't look like he should have during the 4th.
Everyone was getting hit that game though, both sides brought it and left it on the field.

I'd like to see a great 1st half, and then rest for Pryor during the second.
This is how I see it, too. I think OSU will want to rest starters and keep them out of harm's way as much as possible before their little trip to Camp Randall.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Bucks 34

Bobcats 6

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

I see an obscure score because both teams like to kick field goals and both teams have excellent kickers.

OU has yet to figure out that they are no longer a running team and completely abandoned the aerial game against Toledo. If the Cats playcalling is anything like it was on Saturday, expect a huge score differential.

Red_Dog, the game was in 2008 *2 years ago.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Jughe@d wrote:I see an obscure score because both teams like to kick field goals and both teams have excellent kickers.

OU has yet to figure out that they are no longer a running team and completely abandoned the aerial game against Toledo. If the Cats playcalling is anything like it was on Saturday, expect a huge score differential.

Red_Dog, the game was in 2008 *2 years ago.
They could not pass the ball on toledo the defense was catching or in better posstion to get te passes. The one touchdown pass was on a busted play and the ball took forever to get there. If they throw softbals like that OSU defense will have every pass.

Return to “College Sports”