Valenth's Thoughts from Week 2...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Thoughts from Week 2...

Post by Valenth »

Boy oh Boy what a week 2! Let's discuss some thoughts...

1. The SEC took it on the Chin Yesterday!

Alabama, Texas A&M took Ls yesterday. While Tennessee didn't blow out Austin Peay, Kentucky got by EKU. AND Mississippi State had to go to OT to take down Arizona. The only half way decent win the SEC had yesterday was when Ole Miss dead Tulane.

2. The B1G West is Iowas to lose. The East is still the Power.

Wisconsin, Nebraska and Illinois took Ls. The B1G East had the usual suspects that won their respective games.

3. The ACC Champion looks to come from the great state of... Florida! BUT DONT OVERLOOK DUKE.

Pick your Poison... Florida State throttled LSU in Week 1 and how The Miami Hurricanes downed the Aggies last night. That Florida State/Miami matchup will be a doozy!

4. The PAC12 sti looking strong with USC, Colorado and Washington.

Oregon and Utah had scares. (Noting that Utah was without their starting QB VS Baylor.)

Washington State got a good W At home last night against Wisconsin.

5. THE BIG XII right now comes down to two teams....

Texas and Kansas State! Both having great seasons so far! HOWEVER... Kansas is flying under the Radar and might try to ruffle some Feathers.

My Prediction for the NEW AP TOP 10.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State
5. USC
6. Penn State
7. Texas
8. Washington
9. Tennessee
10. Notre Dame

*Alabama falls out of the top 10 to 11th.

Thoughts?

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Valenth's Thoughts from Week 2...

Post by cbolt »

Gonna be a long year in Tuscaloosa if Saban can't find a better passing QB.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:20 pm Gonna be a long year in Tuscaloosa if Saban can't find a better passing QB.
Very true. Alabama is not a top 10 team. PERIOD.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Well, let's see....

1. SEC....still belongs to da Bulldogs. Bama made too many mistakes-remember...they had 19 penalties v Texas last year. The SEC west could be wide open.

2. B1G.... still belongs to Ann Arbor. OSU looked better. PSU played well. The west is Iowa and Wisconsin..imo

3. ACC....still belongs to Clemson....barely. Both Duke and FSU will play later...at Tallahassee. We still go to Death Valley....have Miami at home...then go to Gainesville in late November. So far, I'm liking the way the Noles look.

4. BIG12...the eyes of Texas are shining brightly

5. PAC-12...USC...Colorado...Washington and I'll throw Utah in as well

I agree with your top 10....some interesting games coming in the next couple of weeks...stay tuned

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:01 pm Well, let's see....

1. SEC....still belongs to da Bulldogs. Bama made too many mistakes-remember...they had 19 penalties v Texas last year. The SEC west could be wide open.

2. B1G.... still belongs to Ann Arbor. OSU looked better. PSU played well. The west is Iowa and Wisconsin..imo

3. ACC....still belongs to Clemson....barely. Both Duke and FSU will play later...at Tallahassee. We still go to Death Valley....have Miami at home...then go to Gainesville in late November. So far, I'm liking the way the Noles look.

4. BIG12...the eyes of Texas are shining brightly

5. PAC-12...USC...Colorado...Washington and I'll throw Utah in as well

I agree with your top 10....some interesting games coming in the next couple of weeks...stay tuned
P.S. I gotta get better on my picks...lol

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “College Sports”