Valenths Playoffs Breakdown

Valenth
SEOP

Valenths Playoffs Breakdown

Post by Valenth »

Okay.. Looking at the Conference Championships and seeing how these will play out.. A TON of win and In situationa... and there's some roads for Pure Chaos as well..

ACC.... FLORIDA STATE VS. LOUISVILLE.

Florida State... Win... YOURE IN.
Louisville... Win... The ACC gets left OUT.

B1G... MICHIGAN VS. IOWA.

Michigan... Win... YOURE IN.
Iowa... Win... Michigan SHOULD STILL GET IN.

BIG XII... TEXAS VS. OKLAHOMA STATE.

Texas... Win... YOURE IN.
Oklahoma.State... Win... BIG XII gets left OUT.

PAC12... OREGON VS. WASHINGTON

Oregon... Win... YOURE IN.
Washington... Win... YOURE IN... Oregon Should be OUT.

SEC... ALABAMA VS. GEORGIA

Alabama... Win... YOURE IN.
Georgia... Win... YOURE IN. Alabama loses... they're OUT.

Let's play Devils Advocate... Let's say Utter Chaos Happens...

ACC Louisville wins
B1G Iowa wins
BIG XII Oklahoma State wins
PAC12 Oregon wins
SEC Alabama wins

In no particular order....
1. Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. ??? TOSS UP. Georgia/Washington/Florida State/Ohio State

Looking at this Toss Up List. If Chaos happens. Ohio State is now Statistically the best 1 loss team in College Football. And there is small SMALL window of Opportunity.

The Key Factor will be How bad the teams are Beat..

Thoughts.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Re: Valenths Playoffs Breakdown

Post by Bird Dog »

We know SEC and PAC12 winner are locks. I believe if Georgia and Michigan get beat they would get in with one loss before Buckeyes. So in my mind Buckeyes need FSU, Texas, and Alabama to lose to get in and maybe even an Oregon loss.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Would also love to see this and the meltdown from it

Michigan win
Washington win
FSU win
Texas win
Alabama win

Would SEC be left out? Do you put SEC champ in over BIG 12 champ that beat them on their home field? Do you leave undefeated ACC champ out missing starting QB?

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bird Dog wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:35 am Would also love to see this and the meltdown from it

Michigan win
Washington win
FSU win
Texas win
Alabama win

Would SEC be left out? Do you put SEC champ in over BIG 12 champ that beat them on their home field? Do you leave undefeated ACC champ out missing starting QB?
In my Opinion.. if that happens .. Yes.. Especially after last night's horrible performances by both Georgia and Alabama.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like the committee didn't agree with you, val. They think Bo Nix and the Ducks are the best one loss team. Washington can take care of that this Friday. If Oregon wins Bo probably wins the Heisman but I think the Huskies will win again although the Ducks seem to be playing better right now. I can't wait for that game!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:30 pm Looks like the committee didn't agree with you, val. They think Bo Nix and the Ducks are the best one loss team. Washington can take care of that this Friday. If Oregon wins Bo probably wins the Heisman but I think the Huskies will win again although the Ducks seem to be playing better right now. I can't wait for that game!
Eh.. the Committee set it up to pretty much make the PAC12 Champion a Lock. Now.. if FSU, TEXAS and ALABAMA all lose... Ohio State has a shot.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Good point. Only problem is all them teams around them are playing this week while the Bucks sit at home. I know they made it in last year like that but they were a spot higher in the rankings. I just don't see them getting lucky this year. I can see the espnsec getting two teams in if Georgia loses a close game. The committee caught a lot of blowback last year for leaving Bama out with two last second away losses and admitting TCU. They won't do it this year.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

cbolt wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:47 pm Good point. Only problem is all them teams around them are playing this week while the Bucks sit at home. I know they made it in last year like that but they were a spot higher in the rankings. I just don't see them getting lucky this year. I can see the espnsec getting two teams in if Georgia loses a close game. The committee caught a lot of blowback last year for leaving Bama out with two last second away losses and admitting TCU. They won't do it this year.
Ohio State not playing could be a blessing in disguise too.. any of those other teams that could play Sloppy or win in real close fashion could make Ohio Sate look better. The one game that could REALLY cause chaos is if Alabama beats Georgia..

Alabama ALSO could help Ohio State get in...but with help...

You see Texas fall to Oklahoma State...
Alabama Beat Georgia and Louisville beat Florida State...

If Texas LOSES and Alabama WINS... double edged sword.. It is good for the win.. But a Texas Loss would really REALLY hurt Alabamas Resume.

Then your final Choice is Ohio State and Georgia...

Ohio States loss to an Undefeated Michigan
Georgias loss is to a 1 Loss Alabama who lost by DOUBLE DIGITS AT HOME TO TEXAS... who lost to Oklahoma State...

That.. Should give Ohio State the Nod over Georgia by a MILE... I don't care if theyre reigning or not.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bucks playoff hopes just went up in flames. They really needed Texas to lose and they looked dominant instead. There is really only one spot available now and that is Florida State's spot if they lose. The consensus is Georgia is in no matter what unless they get blown out maybe. Washington is in. Michigan is in barring an incredible upset. If Bama would blow out Georgia and drop them out, Bama would get the nod over the Bucks. The Buck's loss to Michigan wouldn't carry much weight considering how bad TTUN schedule was. There's always next year ,val. Lol

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Valenth wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:26 am
cbolt wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:47 pm Good point. Only problem is all them teams around them are playing this week while the Bucks sit at home. I know they made it in last year like that but they were a spot higher in the rankings. I just don't see them getting lucky this year. I can see the espnsec getting two teams in if Georgia loses a close game. The committee caught a lot of blowback last year for leaving Bama out with two last second away losses and admitting TCU. They won't do it this year.
Ohio State not playing could be a blessing in disguise too.. any of those other teams that could play Sloppy or win in real close fashion could make Ohio Sate look better. The one game that could REALLY cause chaos is if Alabama beats Georgia..

If Texas LOSES and Alabama WINS... double edged sword.. It is good for the win.. But a Texas Loss would really REALLY hurt Alabamas Resume.

Georgias loss is to a 1 Loss Alabama who lost by DOUBLE DIGITS AT HOME TO TEXAS... who lost to Oklahoma State...

That.. Should give Ohio State the Nod over Georgia by a MILE... I don't care if theyre reigning or not.
:lol: ....................... :lol: ...................... :lol: ..................... :lol: .................

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:01 am
Valenth wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:26 am

:lol: ....................... :lol: ...................... :lol: ..................... :lol: .................
Calm down! I know it didn't happen. You'll be shocked to know I put Michigan at #1 on my Playoff predictions

Return to “College Sports”