BIG TEN BOWL SEASON

How will the Big ten perform in this year's bowl games?

Total votes: 0

boilermaker
SE

Re: BIG TEN BOWL SEASON

Post by boilermaker »

3-5 /4-4 @ best ! :oops:

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Good win by Iowa. Very surprising seeing that their offensive threats are sitting in jail. The Freshmen RB was the real deal last night along with Moe from Missouri. I thought his last catch was a completion cause I didn't see much evidence that could have reversed it. And the announcers kept mentioning that Iowas D had lost them games in the 4th quarter in the past but what do they expect when teams run 80+ plays against them in a game?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

how bout dem hawkeyes, 1 game atta time baby.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

It appears that some people on hear spenc more time watching Mark May and company than watching the actual product the Big 10 has put on the field this year!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Omega wrote:Wisky will be the only squad that upholds the honor of the Big Ten.

Please past the salt as the crow I am trying to swallow is a little bland,

Iowa's win surprised me. Given their acedemic-gate and late season collapse I really did not expect the Hawkeyes to play with intensity. Hats off to them!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I picked Iowa- Illinois and Northwestern to win , rest to lose . Im 1-0 right now with Illinios winning 24-7 in the 4thqrt to go 2-0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

boilermaker wrote:I picked Iowa- Illinois and Northwestern to win , rest to lose . Im 1-0 right now with Illinios winning 24-7 in the 4thqrt to go 2-0
Northweastern lost there qb for the year so I'm not sure there gonna win.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Big 10 2-0 so far this bowl season.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

tigercannon71 wrote:Big 10 2-0 so far this bowl season.
I am happy to see the Big10 representing so far.....hopefully the remaining continues to do the same!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

should be able to get 5-6 wins ,illinois and iowa won,michigan will win a shootout,osu should win over arkansas,wisconsin will probably win by 4 to 5 touchdowns,penn state vs florida is like a coin flip, northwestern and michigan st will probably lose but you never know thats why you play the game

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

bluedevil wrote:should be able to get 5-6 wins ,illinois and iowa won,michigan will win a shootout,osu should win over arkansas,wisconsin will probably win by 4 to 5 touchdowns,penn state vs florida is like a coin flip, northwestern and michigan st will probably lose but you never know thats why you play the game
Im sorry, but I feel like that that is an ignorant pst. TCU is legit, this is probably the most anticipated bowl games this year, it's gonna be hell of a game. Not saying Wisky will not win, but 4 or 5 TD's? Come on man...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Wisconsin very well could blow TCU out of the water, or it could be a close game.

We have no idea if TCU is legit. They allegedly have a great run defense, but have never faced a run machine like Wisconsin.

They haven't been tested on offense all year either.

We'll find out today!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Alabama is once again proving that they are one of the top teams in the country, and revealing how misleading Michigan State's record is (frankly, they won the games, but other than beating Wisconsin, had no quality wins). Iowa beating them like a red-headed stepchild, well, I expected an Alabama blowout, and they are delivering. This was the one bowl game where I felt that the Big Ten would not be competitive, and that is panning out.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Steely Dan wrote:Alabama is once again proving that they are one of the top teams in the country, and revealing how misleading Michigan State's record is (frankly, they won the games, but other than beating Wisconsin, had no quality wins). Iowa beating them like a red-headed stepchild, well, I expected an Alabama blowout, and they are delivering. This was the one bowl game where I felt that the Big Ten would not be competitive, and that is panning out.
Very true.....Alabama didn't come in flat like I thought (hoped) they would. Sometimes if a team thinks they are playing in a bowl game that is below them, they will be uninspired and allow a lesser team to compete. This is not the case at all and Bama is destroying Michigan St. right now.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Dick Rod and Meatchicken are down big at the half, 31-14. If they don't rally and win, will this be Dick Rod's Swan Song? I'm guessing that is what will happen, then Michigan will again be behind the eight ball in recruiting, with the coaching staff up in the air.

Looks like we are going to have three Big Ten teams go down today for certain, NW, Mich St, and Mich. Let's hope that Jo Pa and the Lions can pull out a victory over the Gators.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Northwestern is holding their own with TT. All in all not a bad showing for them considering the circumstances.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hoggy wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Alabama is once again proving that they are one of the top teams in the country, and revealing how misleading Michigan State's record is (frankly, they won the games, but other than beating Wisconsin, had no quality wins). Iowa beating them like a red-headed stepchild, well, I expected an Alabama blowout, and they are delivering. This was the one bowl game where I felt that the Big Ten would not be competitive, and that is panning out.
Very true.....Alabama didn't come in flat like I thought (hoped) they would. Sometimes if a team thinks they are playing in a bowl game that is below them, they will be uninspired and allow a lesser team to compete. This is not the case at all and Bama is destroying Michigan St. right now.
Hoggy - I really didn't expect the Tide to come out flat. I'm not a Saban fan, but, he knows how to prepare and motivate his team, especially since he's coaching against his former Big Ten team. I anticipated Alabama coming out with high intensity, and they've not disappointed so far.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

They are definitely motivated and are executing on both sides of the ball. I just hope Michigna State doesn't get shut out!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Michigan State is also a team that should have 4-5 loses at this point. They gave made their own breaks this season, but you can't rely on that all the time.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Four games, 4 losses, by an average of 45.7 points per game. They'd (Little Ten) better hope that Wisconsin can hold up the flag but they should as they're playing the school TCU that OSU and Michigan State wanted to play instead of the SEC schools. You gotta start scheduling southern schools in the regular season or suffer the consequences in the bowls.

Return to “College Sports”