Auburn 2011 Nat Champ SEC 5 in a row !

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Auburn 2011 Nat Champ SEC 5 in a row !

Post by ManitouDan »

congrats to the War Eagles and the SEC ! SEC owns college football. MD

Orestes
S

Re: Auburn 2011 Nat Champ SEC 5 in a row !

Post by Orestes »

ManitouDan wrote:congrats to the War Eagles and the SEC ! SEC owns college football. MD

This one will be vacated.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orestes wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:congrats to the War Eagles and the SEC ! SEC owns college football. MD

This one will be vacated.

It very possibly could be.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

This was Auburn's first title since 1957 when they won the AP Poll (Writers) the same year Ohio State won the UPI (Coaches) poll. They've been undefeated twice in the last 20 years but didn't play for the title. This is why we need a playoff.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Interesting facts about OSU's 7 nat'l titles:

1942 - Georgia and Wisconsin (Also won share with other polls)
1954 - UCLA (UPI) (" " " " " )
1957 - Auburn (AP), Michigan St. & Oklahoma(" " " " ")
1961 - Alabama(UPI/AP), Texas ------------(" " " " " )
1968 - Georgia and Texas ------------------(" " " " " )
1970 - Texas(UPI), Nebraska, Az. State, N. Dame (" " " " )
2002 - USC --------------------------------(" " " " ")

Note: Two of these other polls are part of what brought OSU championships in the 1961(Football Writers Assn) and 1970(National Football Foundation) seasons. So I guess the moral of this story is: If you win any part of any poll put it in your schools record books and count it, good-bad or indifferent.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

What an exciting game hats off to Auburn,,but does anybody else hate that dang player control rule,,the Oregon kid made a great interception but they took it away because he switched hands with the ball after crashing on the ground out of Bounds then Auburn takes advantage by scoring on the very next play,would it have made a difference? maybe not, but I wished they would have given the kid the catch since he had complete control with a foot and arm in bounds before touching out of bounds which should have been a dead ball anyway since he was out of bounds..kind of reminded me of that ridiculus call with the Raiders reciever this year after he scored.. SEC chalks up another one... what else is new

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

'bout as exciting as watching Jimmie Johnson win another NASCAR title :roll:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Owns nice choice of words with the money Newton's dad got.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

C-Bolt wrote:b]kind of reminded me of that ridiculus call with the Raiders reciever this year after he scored[/b]
I think it was Calvin Johnson for the Lions that happen to this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Enjoy it while it last. I give it 4 years and the truth about the Scam Newton money will come to the forefront. After that, bye bye National Championship.

But hey MD, it only cost them $180K, so that was a GREAT investment!

Oh, and I think OSU OR Arkansas would have eaten both of the teams last night for an appetizer. That was the sloppiest National Championship game I have ever watched. Oregon's QB played like a terd. 4 good plays all night from him.

Cam couldnt hit receivers that were wide open. He is also not that quick around the end. Just big up the middle. His throwing ability is below that of TP. Luck or Mallett would have picked that Oregon defense apart.

Alot of people are talking about what a great game it was, how close it was. Both teams looked poor. Both offenses were extremely sloppy and their defenses were not much more impressive.

Well anyway, enjoy it while it lasts. Sooner or later this one is coming off the books. Reggie Bush wont feel lonely for long.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

both teams played far less than their best game. Just too over hyped up. and juiced. But to say OSU or ARK would have done better in this situation (weeks of non stop media coverge lkike the super bowl) is just pure hogwash.
And to have to listen to Tosu's homers cry about rule breakers ??? FREAKIN HILARIOUS OR SAD -- one or the other.

another impressive fact --of those 5 National Championships , they belong to 4 different SEC school's LSU , Alabama , Florida , LSU - all the while the little ten chugs along with Tes and the Rest. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

really strange but both teams were slipping and sliding like the field was wet. did take away some from the level of play IMO. MD

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Comgratulations to the Auburn Tigers on winning the national championship last night/this morning. 37 days is a long time between games and at times, the rust showed. Oregon is an excellent team, with a very fast offensive tempo and a very good defense. Both teams made plays and both teams missed a few golden chances they had to make a big play.

As a side note, I am not in favor of returning to the former bowl game set up as was written about in today's Columbus Dispatch nor am I in favor of the BCS format. The only way all of us will stop arguing is IF the NCAA presidents decide to go to a playoff system like they do in all the other college sports including D I AA (cant think of the name right now), D II, D III, NAIA and jr. college football. $$$ still rules the roost because of bowl revenue. Until another system is in place, and probably even then, we will continue to argue.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thank God for the Mute Button on my TV..... Brent Mushburg ruined what should have been a great season ending game...He needs to be Mothballed ASAP.....

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Ok whoever said OSU or Arkansas would have beaten both of these teams is nuts. If OSU or Arkansas play either of these teams they both lose. Who cares if it gets vacated, they were clearly the best team with clearly the best player. Who cares if he got paid, you think Lamichael James hasnt gotten any benefits from Oregon? My guess is he has. Congrats to Auburn, let the haters hate.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

It was a great game and congrats to Auburn on the win...........................but I don't need ESPN or any other SEC lover to remind me that they have the best conference right now in college football. I have eyes to see with.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Someone sounds mad bc Ohio State didnt go undefeated

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

ManitouDan wrote:really strange but both teams were slipping and sliding like the field was wet. did take away some from the level of play IMO. MD
They just replaced the turf after the Bowl Game there last week. So no surprise it was slick but it did look good.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

ManitouDan wrote:both teams played far less than their best game. Just too over hyped up. and juiced. But to say OSU or ARK would have done better in this situation (weeks of non stop media coverge lkike the super bowl) is just pure hogwash.
And to have to listen to Tosu's homers cry about rule breakers ??? FREAKIN HILARIOUS OR SAD -- one or the other.

another impressive fact --of those 5 National Championships , they belong to 4 different SEC school's LSU , Alabama , Florida , LSU - all the while the little ten chugs along with Tes and the Rest. MD

You say Homers cry but you were crying about OSU playing the Tatted 5. Since it is the SEC it is alright.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Congrats to Kentucky,Tennessee,Georgia,South Carolina,Florida,Alabama,And Arkansas on your National Championship win last night.You guys played great and deserve this victory.

Return to “College Sports”