OSU football summer prep.

oldmo31
Varsity

Re: OSU football summer prep.

Post by oldmo31 »

OSU did it with a guy three years ago that wasn't as talented as a QB.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I think the eventual starter will be Miller.
But I'm actually looking for Taylor Grahm to be his biggest competition, if all truly is even at the start.

Bowserman has gotten a good education, and will end up as a coach somewhere after college.

Guitton is a similar style to Miller, and given that a total offensive system change is not likely, those two are probably going to end up 1 and 2. But I think Miller is better in all facets over Kenny, and will win out.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The running backs were speed tested this past week, taking top billing was Carlos Hyde!!!

6'1" 235lbs, and ran a 4.42.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Also look for Travis Howard to make a huge impact at corner this year.
He has garnered praise from nearly everyone, and has been mentioned as the best impact corner OSU has had in years.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Also on the defensive side, WE FINALLY MAY HAVE A LETHAL RUN STOPPER ON THE D-LINE!

Jonathon Hankins will play as an interior lineman, and should be great at eating blocks and stuffing middle runs.

Look for Nate Williams and our LBs to have great numbers because of Hankins' size and ability!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Look for Mike Vrabel to be announced as the new Buckeye LB coach on Monday!

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

I would really like to see Braxton Miller get a year under his belt as a back up and learn the system and speed of college football before being throw in to the fire. I think that is best for him. I think he can be a great QB in the future though. He isn't as athletic as Pryor but I think is a much more complete QB and a lot more football smart.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

who is he going to back up bauserman. i sure hope not if braxton has the tools he will be fine with a nice running game and playing big ten football. i think the biggest thing who is braxton going to be throwing to alot of talent but no game experience.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Jake Stoneburner: TE, 6'5", 255lbs, 4.49 electrically timed 40!

Has worked the entire offseason with Anthony Gonzalez in order to become a better route runner!

With Posey out for 5 weeks, and no established WR spots, look for Jake to become an impact player this season!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think Miller will get his share of reps early on but I see him seeing more time as the season wears on. He's going to take his lumps but it would serve the program if he has significant playing time under his belt and being the acknowledged starter going into next year.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

If you want spread type use Miller.

If you want pro type use Taylor Graham!!!

The other two have no good use as they will be gone too quickly to matter, and aren't an upgrade over the youngsters!

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Thanks Dubs,stay on top of things and keep us informed.Any of the freshman coming in look like they'll help?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Curtis Grant is looking like he could make an impact as a freshman at linebacker.

I'm of the belief that we're going to need a freshman O-Lineman to develope quickly.

I think as of now the 3 biggest freshmen impacts are going to be Braxton Miller (QB), Curtis Grant (LB), and Rod Smith (Redshirt Freshman RB).

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

curtis said he didnt come to osu to sit the bench

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

At the Big Ten Meetings, Bret Belima said that he doesn't give any thought to OSU. And that he is sad to see Pryor go, because he was looking forward to showing him that beating OSU wasnt a fluke!

I'm calling Bull Sht on both counts!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

LB Johnathon Newsome is transferring out of OSU. He played is 13 games last year, mostly on special teams. He had to sit out the spring due to being stupid!!! Academic issues that is.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

bs is right the big ten is glad pryor is gone.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

E$PN heads think Bauserman will be the starting QB. I personally think the performance of Miller during the spring game says it all.

No clue why the word "Bauserman" would even be said right now. He doesnt throw the ball well and is as mobile as a scarecrow.

We will see a few VERY close games at the beginning of the season with Bauserman at QB, even with cupcakes the first couple weeks.
JMO.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

With 3/5 O-linemen gone, I don't think we can afford to have Bauserman behind center.

Plus he's a one year guy, with minimal experience. He knows the system, but his skill set doesn't conform to it.

It will be a competition, but unless he has taken gigantic strides, I can't see him winning out long term.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think everyone knows he is not a long term season QB.

That being said, I dont see any reason to not start with Miller and let him cut his teeth against lesser opponents early rather than put him in the middle of a hornets nest later in the season.

Return to “College Sports”