Top 7th Grade Players

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Top 7th Grade Players

Post by Ironman92 »

Who are some good ones to keep an eye on?

I’m familiar with 8th grade but not much on 7th. I’ll be seeing a lot of 7th grade games the next few months. I watched a kid at Rio camp that looked like a linebacker and he was a 7th grader to be. Said he was from South Webster/Portsmouth area. He was just overpowering.

Saw PWest in summer league...some athletes there

Whiteoak has a couple stud athletes. Basketball isn’t their #1 sport but they are exceptional athletes you’ll hear of down the road.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Top 7th Grade Players

Post by BigBlueNation »

Sanderlin from West big kid very athletic. Valley also has some good ones.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 pm Sanderlin from West big kid very athletic. Valley also has some good ones.
Yes, do remember the Valley kids playing up...nice group they have

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Jaren Lower (guard) and Collins (PF/C) from South Webster. Will be a solid guard/big tandem in D4 in a few years*

Jebro_17
Riding the Bench

Post by Jebro_17 »

Alexander
Kyler D'Augustino
Jager Cain

Athens
Charlie
Landan

Meigs
Brody Butcher

Nelsonville
James Kolska
Malik
Malaka

River Valley
Jacob

Wellston
Gunnar Harmon
Pacey Rainer
Zek Malahion

Vinton County
Bradyn Cain
Aiden Cain
Waylon Graves
Plus a good supporting cast..

Sorry couldn't remember some of the boys last names but all good players and see them getting better as they continue to play and get older.
Last edited by Jebro_17 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Waverly
Peyton Harris
Hudson Kelly
Alex Boles
Maddox Bock
Wyatt Crabtree

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks guys. I hear Jacob Winters of River Valley is quite the athlete

Jebro_17
Riding the Bench

Post by Jebro_17 »

I have listed about but couldn't remember last name. He is a very good athlete!

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Crank from Minford is a really good player. He just doesn't have alot of help on his team.

Valley has several good players. Not great individually but mesh well together. They've done well in alot of tournaments.

Collins from Webster. Lower could be really good too.

West has several good players. Seems like this group took basketball alot more serious than most West groups. I was told they placed in and won a couple AAU tournaments and did well against some of the better 8th grade teams at Jackson this summer.

Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, etc. Some of the "basketball" schools are kinda down at this level.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

The tall kid from West is the best I've seen in the area. Great footwork, handles well for being over 6 ft, can play in the post or out on the floor.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

kingofthegame wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm The tall kid from West is the best I've seen in the area. Great footwork, handles well for being over 6 ft, can play in the post or out on the floor.
Yes Sanderlin is the real deal. He can play every position on the floor. He is also straight A student and a very good kid. What ever sport he is playing he is usually the best player on the field or court. Kid also has a great work ethic.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Oak wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am Crank from Minford is a really good player. He just doesn't have alot of help on his team.

Valley has several good players. Not great individually but mesh well together. They've done well in alot of tournaments.

Collins from Webster. Lower could be really good too.

West has several good players. Seems like this group took basketball alot more serious than most West groups. I was told they placed in and won a couple AAU tournaments and did well against some of the better 8th grade teams at Jackson this summer.

Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, etc. Some of the "basketball" schools are kinda down at this level.
I worry about the Collins kid. His success so far at a young age has come because he is miles bigger than every other kid. He's really going to have to work on his game to remain a force. It also affects the players around him. A lot of those guards don't know how to make proper post entries. They just lob it up to the big fella and he gets it. When the other kids around him grow, they won't be able to do that

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

juanmorales wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 am I worry about the Collins kid. His success so far at a young age has come because he is miles bigger than every other kid. He's really going to have to work on his game to remain a force. It also affects the players around him. A lot of those guards don't know how to make proper post entries. They just lob it up to the big fella and he gets it. When the other kids around him grow, they won't be able to do that
He's really athletic for his size. He will be a good high school player. But you're right he needs to play out on the floor if he has aspersions of college.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Oak wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm
juanmorales wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 am I worry about the Collins kid. His success so far at a young age has come because he is miles bigger than every other kid. He's really going to have to work on his game to remain a force. It also affects the players around him. A lot of those guards don't know how to make proper post entries. They just lob it up to the big fella and he gets it. When the other kids around him grow, they won't be able to do that
He's really athletic for his size. He will be a good high school player. But you're right he needs to play out on the floor if he has aspersions of college.
He needs to work on his ballhandling. You don't know if he's going to grow anymore or not. He could be a Center now and a wing by the time high school comes. You just never know. But he's a great kid and works hard

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He was in the division at Rio Camp that had to be 7th and 8th graders....he was willing his team with dominating performances against kids going into 8th...not the elite 8th grade kids but very good 8th grade kids.

I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get to 6’3. So so strong

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

juanmorales wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:40 pm
Oak wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm
He needs to work on his ballhandling. You don't know if he's going to grow anymore or not. He could be a Center now and a wing by the time high school comes. You just never know. But he's a great kid and works hard
That's on Webster junior high staff to get him out of the post some and work on his handle. Probably hurts the team but who cares bout junior high records anyways? Hate seeing bigs in biddy ball/junior high relegated to post full time. When they don't grow anymore, they are nothing more than bench depth when they get to high school.

Run motion offense and make every kid get experience handling ball away from the paint.*

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

This is true. Even when he plays AAU he is in the post full time. I think he'll get tall enough to be a good high school center, but college guards are 6-4. He is a really athletic kid. They need to get him out on the floor more and let him handle the ball.

The Sanderlin kid has developed because he has enough talent around him that he could play guard and still win.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 pm
That's on Webster junior high staff to get him out of the post some and work on his handle. Probably hurts the team but who cares bout junior high records anyways? Hate seeing bigs in biddy ball/junior high relegated to post full time. When they don't grow anymore, they are nothing more than bench depth when they get to high school.

Run motion offense and make every kid get experience handling ball away from the paint.*
!!!!!!!!!! I'm with you 100%! I've seen it far too many times in youth/middle school ball.

Post by Ironman92 »

Cade Kimmel of Jackson....awesome PG. Great handles to say the least

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

North Adams Lady Green Devils has another strong class of 7th graders.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”