Waterboy

Re: JH basketball scores

Post by JonWudden »

Baller156 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 am
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm
toast wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm 8th Grade

Minford 49
Waverly 45

I believe that was the final score. Excellent game. Waverly went down by 11 or 12 in the third quarter and made a valiant run in the fourth to cut the lead to one. I think we had a shot to take the lead. Credit goes to Minford they played a nice game. That is one big 8th grade team! Waverly's big man went to down with a sprained ankle at the beginning of the third quarter. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and can return soon.
Hope Futhey gets back soon and healthy
The game was tied 20-20 at half even with the refs making absolutely terrible calls on waverly and Will Futhey got hurt I believe on his ankle at the beginning of the second half ( I heard his ankle was as swollen and as big as a baseball). When Will was out Waverly could simply not rebound because there was nobody that could rebound over minford’s bigs. When Will is in he brings a dominant force in the post, he plays great defense, and is probably the best rebounder at this level that I’ve seen. If Will would have played the whole game I believe Waverly would’ve won 15+.
If, if, if....if a frog had wings....haha. Minford is good and beat you. Maybe Waverly isn't as great as all these posters think. Give credit to the Falcons bub.

Waterboy

Post by 8383838383 »

Hey Wudden 2 of our starters are hurt. We played the whole game with one of our starters hurt then at the start of the second half our only big guy gets hurt. For most of the second half we had at least 2 kids in that just started playing basketball this year. Minford has beat this group now once in how many years? No disrespect to that Minford team they are a good group and I personally know a couple of the kids and parents. You don't need to come on here and say that the Waverly bunch is not that great. Waverly played great last night considering that we had 2 of our starters hurt and 2 refs that shouldn't be allowed to call a biddy ball game officiating. Were you at the game? The game was within 1 with seconds left. If you think the Waverly bunch is not that good then you most likely haven't been watching them play for the last say 4-5 years. Since 5th grade I can count on 1 hand the number of losses this team has had. I am pretty sure in going on 4 years they have only lost 3 games as of today. I am not talking about regular season games, I am talking about scrimmages, regular season games, tournaments, Jr. High summer leagues, etc. So how about if you don't have something nice to say you just don't say anything. Great Job last night Falcons! Great team and I look forward to watching many more close games between these two teams!

JonWudden
Waterboy

Post by JonWudden »

8383838383 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 pm Hey Wudden 2 of our starters are hurt. We played the whole game with one of our starters hurt then at the start of the second half our only big guy gets hurt. For most of the second half we had at least 2 kids in that just started playing basketball this year. Minford has beat this group now once in how many years? No disrespect to that Minford team they are a good group and I personally know a couple of the kids and parents. You don't need to come on here and say that the Waverly bunch is not that great. Waverly played great last night considering that we had 2 of our starters hurt and 2 refs that shouldn't be allowed to call a biddy ball game officiating. Were you at the game? The game was within 1 with seconds left. If you think the Waverly bunch is not that good then you most likely haven't been watching them play for the last say 4-5 years. Since 5th grade I can count on 1 hand the number of losses this team has had. I am pretty sure in going on 4 years they have only lost 3 games as of today. I am not talking about regular season games, I am talking about scrimmages, regular season games, tournaments, Jr. High summer leagues, etc. So how about if you don't have something nice to say you just don't say anything. Great Job last night Falcons! Great team and I look forward to watching many more close games between these two teams!
Excuses are weak, man. So are citing how many 5th grade titles you won lol. Who are you LaVar Ball? You guys get on here and brag up Waverly to be the Dream Team and then make excuses when they lose. Just admit Minford was the better team last night. I don't have a dog in the fight but you Waverly guys flood this board patting yourselves on the back bragging up your kids. "Who is the best 8th grade players?" "Who is the best 8th grade team?" Blah, blah, blah.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

8383838383 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 pm Hey Wudden 2 of our starters are hurt. We played the whole game with one of our starters hurt then at the start of the second half our only big guy gets hurt. For most of the second half we had at least 2 kids in that just started playing basketball this year. Minford has beat this group now once in how many years? No disrespect to that Minford team they are a good group and I personally know a couple of the kids and parents. You don't need to come on here and say that the Waverly bunch is not that great. Waverly played great last night considering that we had 2 of our starters hurt and 2 refs that shouldn't be allowed to call a biddy ball game officiating. Were you at the game? The game was within 1 with seconds left. If you think the Waverly bunch is not that good then you most likely haven't been watching them play for the last say 4-5 years. Since 5th grade I can count on 1 hand the number of losses this team has had. I am pretty sure in going on 4 years they have only lost 3 games as of today. I am not talking about regular season games, I am talking about scrimmages, regular season games, tournaments, Jr. High summer leagues, etc. So how about if you don't have something nice to say you just don't say anything. Great Job last night Falcons! Great team and I look forward to watching many more close games between these two teams!
Jackson beat them 3x in 6th grade (2,5 and 7 points I believe)

Waterboy

Post by 8383838383 »

And Waverly beat Jackson last year, who cares, it's Jr. High. This is funny that JonWudden gets on here just to go on a couple of posts and troll the Waverly team and then accuses me of getting on here and bragging. I have 2 posts and both were just replying to someone talking badly about the Waverly team. I don't need to admit anything about the Minford game, I have already congratulated most of the players face to face last night. It was a great game and they deserve the win. You happy now? What none of these teams need are grown men getting on here and saying anything bad about any team. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

8383838383 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 pm And Waverly beat Jackson last year, who cares, it's Jr. High. This is funny that JonWudden gets on here just to go on a couple of posts and troll the Waverly team and then accuses me of getting on here and bragging. I have 2 posts and both were just replying to someone talking badly about the Waverly team. I don't need to admit anything about the Minford game, I have already congratulated most of the players face to face last night. It was a great game and they deserve the win. You happy now? What none of these teams need are grown men getting on here and saying anything bad about any team. You should be ashamed of yourself.
They didn’t play last year.

Look through these top teams threads and junior high threads...I’ve given Waverly all the credit. They are a great group. Counting scrimmages and summer league is very untelling. You can’t have some making excuses about refs and losing a player to injury but then add to your resume by speaking of summer league games against a team with two or more of their main players not playing.

Good luck to your guys the rest of the way. A very talented bunch that are fun to watch. Guessing Minford might have shaken the sleeping bear for the rematch...we shall see. Hope Stulley and Futhey completely heal quickly.

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

Girls 12/16/17
7th grade
North Adams 18 (3-3, 2-2)
Eastern Brown 37

8th grade
North Adams 26 (3-3, 2-3)
Eastern Brown 41

miner
Riding the Bench

Post by miner »

Fairfield 7th Grade girls---12-16-17

Fairfield----33
Lynchburg---8

Chas1434
Waterboy

Post by Chas1434 »

7th Girls
Eastern 52 Belpre 12
8th
Eastern 28. Belpre 8

miner
Riding the Bench

Post by miner »

12-20-17

7th grade girls

Fairfield 32
Eastern Brown 23

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vinton County 50
Jackson 49

OT.....7th grade

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 pm Vinton County 50
Jackson 49

OT.....7th grade
Sounds like a couple of very good games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 pm Vinton County 50
Jackson 49

OT.....7th grade
Sounds like a couple of very good games.
Sure was. VC matches up with us very well. Great program from ground up at VC

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

miner wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 pm 12-20-17

7th grade girls

Fairfield 32
Eastern Brown 23
Who won in the 8th grade game??

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Girls 12/20/17

7th grade
Lynchburg 13
North Adams 25 (4-3, 3-2)

8th grade
Lynchburg 10
North Adams 27 (4-3, 3-3)

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Girls 12/21/17

7th grade
Williamsburg 6
North Adams 23 (5-3, 3-2)

8th grade
Williamsburg 16
North Adams 28 (5-3, 3-3)

miner
Riding the Bench

Post by miner »

12-20-17 game---8th grade girls

Eastern Brown over Fairfield by 4. Do not recall score.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

12/20/17
7th grade: South Webster over Wheelersburg. Last score I heard was 33-18 with about 2 minutes left.

8th grade: SW 46 or 47 Burg 44

Very competitive game but one of the refs was obviously biased toward SW. Burg had 17 2nd half fouls to SW’s 4. Burg player literally knocked down on final 3 point shot by 2 SW players and nothing called. One did get a hand on the ball but both made contact with the shooter and clearly knocked him down. Losing games are fine if you lose them because the other team was better.

Just so I don’t sound like a sore loser, the ref in question actually lives in SW. I have even heard him say “any day is a good day win the Burg loses”. I thought it was just some good ribbing but I know him personally and very surprised by his actions tonight. It’s a shame for the players. Rematch should be a good one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 pm 12/20/17
7th grade: South Webster over Wheelersburg. Last score I heard was 33-18 with about 2 minutes left.

Very competitive game but one of the refs was obviously biased toward SW. Burg had 17 2nd half fouls to SW’s 4. Burg player literally knocked down on final 3 point shot by 2 SW players and nothing called. One did get a hand on the ball but both made contact with the shooter and clearly knocked him down. Losing games are fine if you lose them because the other team was better.

Just so I don’t sound like a sore loser, the ref in question actually lives in SW. I have even heard him say “any day is a good day win the Burg loses”. I thought it was just some good ribbing but I know him personally and very surprised by his actions tonight. It’s a shame for the players. Rematch should be a good one.
I cannot comment on the officiating of a game I didn’t see. I hope the rematch has officials that do a very good job and even then some fans will be upset. I’ll admit the refs at Hillsboro were very much a factor. As for the fouls I will say that South Webster has two of the most dynamic offensive guards that can get to the rim...and when you get that far in jr High the players are apt to fouling and sometimes bailing them out...also with jr high refs sometimes they anticipate and blow whistle unnecessarily...but Zimmerman and Blizzard are a handful. Zimmerman one of the most gifted offensive players around and Blizzard one of the top athletes around.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:40 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 pm 12/20/17

I cannot comment on the officiating of a game I didn’t see. I hope the rematch has officials that do a very good job and even then some fans will be upset. I’ll admit the refs at Hillsboro were very much a factor. As for the fouls I will say that South Webster has two of the most dynamic offensive guards that can get to the rim...and when you get that far in jr High the players are apt to fouling and sometimes bailing them out...also with jr high refs sometimes they anticipate and blow whistle unnecessarily...but Zimmerman and Blizzard are a handful. Zimmerman one of the most gifted offensive players around and Blizzard one of the top athletes around.
Yes both are very talented players. Hit some big shots when they needed to.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”