Waterboy

top 8th grade linebackers an fullbacks

Post by Godfather »

whos your pick

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Nelsonville-York ---- #36 FB Matt Wright

Matt has the power to run over would be tacklers!
He loves to lead block!
He can drag multiple defenders into the endzone.
He runs very low to the ground and has great balance.
And last but not least has the speed to break a 70 yarder at anytime!

I-Town Baller
Waterboy

Post by I-Town Baller »

My pick is Codey Jones # 33 of Ironton 8th grade. He is a heck of a blocker with good speed and power!! :shock: But Ironton's RB Tyler Hager # 32 is a heck of a player on offense and defense! He is very strong!! and has a ton of speed. On Defense he can catch anybody and can put a hit on anyone!! :shock:

da buckeye bomb
Waterboy

Post by da buckeye bomb »

my top 8th grade linebacker is dakota hook. dakota is a hard nosed kid that will give you everything hes got. he is not only one of the hardest workers in that 8th grade class but he is with out doubt the hardest hitter on that team

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Dont tell Matt or Dustin that! lol
Dakota really has a nose for the ball!
Great job to all the Jr. high Buckeyes! Way to go undefeated. I sure wish you guys could have played the Tomcats in the regular season. After whipping them by 5 or 6 TD's in thte preview Im sure you would have given them their only loss.
I know next years 9th grade team is going to upgrade their schedule, I just hope they put trimble on that schedule, just so we dont have to hear about them going undefeated again!

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

If Trimble and NY played at the end of the year it would have been a great game. I will give an edge to the Tomcats though due to my bias :lol: Ny has a huge advantage early in the year because of the great job Coach Dean does with the youth league program. I too wish they would have played later in the year. I heard they are scheduled for a 7th and 8th grade game next year but won't end the debate this year. Please keep in mind nybucks 70 - 80 a scrimmage is just that a scrimmage. Ny also had 4 turnovers that they were given the ball back and scored. Good job both the Tomcats and the Buckeyes on great seasons.

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

Both teams had a great season. Any time you can finish undefeated you must have done something right. I'm sure Trimble did improve Coach Hardy has done a great job with those kids. However I'm sure the Buckeyes did also. I know NY beat some very good teams that finished with only one or two losses. Athens, Meigs and Vinton County all had great season. Athens 4-2-1, Meigs 5-2, and Vinton at 6-1. I believe both teams only had two common oppenents. Both beat Federal Hocking extremly bad and both beat Alexander. I believe Trimble won by 1 or 2 TD over Alex and NY won like 50-0. I know its hard to go by that, but some times numbers don't lie.
Trimble and Nelsonville both put very athletic kids on the field, not extremly big, but both groups just know how to play the game and play it well. We more than likely won't know much now until there seniors with kids getting pulled to play Varsity and Reserve. I'm sure both groups will be counting down the days. Good luck to both groups.

no1fan
Waterboy

top linebacker is a tailback not a fullback!!!!!

Post by no1fan »

The best linebacker in this area is Coal Grove's Greg Bender, a mere
6'1" and about 170 lbs. Lead in tackles and he had over 1,000 yard
season and is the meanest player that I have seen for a long time.

Godfather
Waterboy

Post by Godfather »

ironton hager an jones 2 of the best in law. county

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

How old is this beast from Cole Grove?......a little more than others?

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I don't know but I think he could grow a beard! ;-)

no1fan
Waterboy

Post by no1fan »

Bender is 14!!! I'm not sure about the beard but maybe!!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Better check again......I believe he's a year older than most in his grade....anyways, he's a great competitor and player.

Portsmouth_Tradition
Waterboy

Post by Portsmouth_Tradition »

I would have to include Horsley from portsmouth..Rumor has it he has been doing great at the junior high level. I talked to the coaches and they say he's not afraid to hit and will stick anybody. He had a great season at inside linebacker during the course of the year. He proved key in the win in double overtime against Waverly, because he was moved from inside to outside linbacker in that game and he stopped the sweeps with great hits. He also had most of the key tackles and he racked up many over the year. He had the heart and determination of the whole team..if everyone had only played as hard as he did the trojans could've had a great season. I can't wait to see this kid play in high school. :lol:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

wells #10 from Chesapeake may have went over 1000 for the season at fullback .. he had at least 130rushing yards against Coal Grove(Bender) had 44 yds rushing i think is what the paper said and the Peake won that game 28-14!!

RHSPORTS
Riding the Bench

Post by RHSPORTS »

Top backers: Littlejohn and Roberts

no1fan
Waterboy

bender in peake game

Post by no1fan »

I am not saying that the kid from chesapeake is not a good player, but
Bender only had 5 or 6 carries in that game and if the coach does not
give him the ball then he cannot perform his magic. I still think that
Bender is going to play further than just high school football or basketball.
I bet if you take yards per carry for the season, Bender would be no.1
in the area!! When CG played Ashland, KY, Bender had 203 yds. on
8 carries, with 2 back-to-back 70 yard runs. Bad coaching in peake game
lead to CG's defeat, so maybe just a few more carries and it would have
been business as usual for Bender!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

how good was Ashland??

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”