Junior High Girls Basketball SOC

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
bulkmove
Freshman Team

Junior High Girls Basketball SOC

Post by bulkmove »

Anything to talk or brag about this year? Any players to look out for in regards to the future of their school.

I-Town Baller
Waterboy

Post by I-Town Baller »

Bulkmove: I always hear about The Oak Hill Lady Oaks. Lakin Caudill and Taylor Hale.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill won't be touched

amitchell11
Waterboy

Post by amitchell11 »

I heard that South Webster Jr. High girls have a good group this year. Got some good ball handlers and some height as well as some good shooters. Good Luck Jeeps!!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Portsmouth West has some good girl ball players from what I've been told also(7th and 8th).

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Erica Schmidt from the Burg is a stand out 8th grader.

re
Waterboy

Post by re »

will the Soc schools be in the Tournament out at webster, from what has been in the papers and on this web site alot of the teams are having a nice season ND,East,West,Clay,Valley,Minford,Portsmouth,Green,Burg,Northwest,New Boston, So it would be a good tournament if all the Schools came out and played Win or Lose it would be nice to see all the girls play!!! :idea:

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

When will the seedings be for this tournament?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Just found out that the Portsmouth West 7th grade team is 11-0 this year with one more game to play. Congratulations girls, keep it up! :-D :-D Great job!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

7th grade predictions: either PW, Valley or Oak Hill
8th grade predictions: Oak Hill

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Predictions

Post by bleacherwarmer »

8th grade definitely Oakhill

7th grade
West has the edge right now but won a game against Minford last night by only 6. They easily beat Minford at Minford the first time they played. Minford keeps getting better. West and Oakhill have not played and Oakhill has beat Minford both times by only a couple of points. I have to say again, West with the edge but Minford and Oakhill right there with them.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

8th Oak Hill easy
7th Toss up West, Minford, Oak Hill

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

MightyOaksFan wrote:7th grade predictions: either PW, Valley or Oak Hill
8th grade predictions: Oak Hill

MightyOaksFan. The Oaks 8th girls went undefeated in their regular season didn't they? Good luck to both 7th & 8th grade girls in tourney play.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Oaks

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

yeah they weren't really challenged anywhere. They are something special

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

are all the players from oak country . i was at aau tourny this year alot of people talking .about the r word .not very happy with the v coach ;-)

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

bushmaster24 wrote:are all the players from oak country . i was at aau tourny this year alot of people talking .about the r word .not very happy with the v coach ;-)

All these girls started Jr high together. No recruiting involved in any form. No problem with the VC coach. He is a very good coach. Most of these girls have been playing AAU ball together for several years and are very close friends. Who wouldn't want to play for Oak Hill? It is a great school with a great tradition. These girls play as a team, and not one of them worry about how many points they scored, They just want to win, and have fun playing as a team. They are a fun team to watch bushmaster. I hope I didn't come across as being defensive, this subject has come up before, and the rumors of recruiting will go on. They are just that, no truth in them. Thanks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Oaks

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Don't have a bracket: what are the games for Saturday

Sasquatch
Waterboy

Post by Sasquatch »

West plays the lady oaks at 10 am at s. webster.This is 7 th grade. I look for the westsiders after watching both play last weekend.

Sasquatch
Waterboy

Post by Sasquatch »

The Westsiders have several excellent players. Do not know all their names but look several really good. One named Abby, Lauren and the Leader girl looks real special.

Buckeye25
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye25 »

Sasquatch wrote:The Westsiders have several excellent players. Do not know all their names but look several really good. One named Abby, Lauren and the Leader girl looks real special.
Yes they are good. The whole team is:

Abby Welch
Lauren Duncan
Tori Leader (the three you mentioned)
Tara Journey
Ali Hoggard
Alex Weghorst
Kayla Davis
Andrea Frump
Kayla Webb
Mimi Pierce

I may be wrong but to my knowledge that is everybody on the team.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”