Athens 8th Grade Boys

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Nice post coach, and so very true!

I can't be there because of pratice to get ready for my tournament in Jacksonville @ theTrimble Middle School starting 9:00 am Sat. 2/16 Another good day of jr hi basketball 7th grade.
Teams in it are: Trimble, Logan, Athens, Alex, Nelsonville-York, Fed Hoc., Wellston, & Vinton County.
Good luck to all teams.

GO VIKES

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Hey Viked,
How did your 7th fair with Nelsonville during the regular season and will there be anybody in that tournament challenge VC and Nelsonville?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Coach Skinner wrote:Hey Viked,
How did your 7th fair with Nelsonville during the regular season and will there be anybody in that tournament challenge VC and Nelsonville?

We are 12-0 beat NY by 15 there and by 14 at our place.
latter was closest game of the year.
Logan will be tough. Don't know about Fed Hoc, and Alex very much improved when we played them 2nd time. Josh has done a great job with that group
VC 8th grade beat Athens, again, in tourny.
Hot off the Press VC 27 Athens 26
Way to go Frankie!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Is Vinton the only team to beat Athens this year?

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Athens beat Vinton @ home and lost to them at Vinton and in the tournament. Athens is now 15-2

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Who won between N-Y and Federal-Hocking?

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

Was told last night the Bucks beat Fed Hock 52-25. They now play Vinton for the Championship. Both teams split this year. Vikes won at Nelsonville and the Bucks won at Vinton.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

As 8th grade games go this may be games to go watch tonight. What time does it start?

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Consolation 5:30

Championship to follow

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Bulldogs win big over FH in consolation. Everybody got to play And Tyler Hoisington scored the first basket of his middle school career. A great end to a two year run of 30-3. Congrats to the Bulldogs and a special thanks to Coaches Ricketts, Grimm, and Martin.

A friend called to tell me Nelsonville won the championship over VC. Maybe Viked Fan or a Buckeye fan can give us a run down. Congratulations to all.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Re: Athens 8th Grade Boys

Post by boy of summer »

Athens will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. They have put together a group of good coaches from their youth program on up. They played a lot of young kids on the varsity all year long who played against great competition. What I liked is that they always played hard and never quit. Mark my words, this is a program on the upswing!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”