Congrats to 7th and 8th Grade Burg Boys (7-0)

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
91Grad
JV Team

Congrats to 7th and 8th Grade Burg Boys (7-0)

Post by 91Grad »

Both 7th and 8th grade boys teams for Burg are undefeated at the halfway point of the season (7-0)..Great job and good luck on the second half of the season..Lets make it 14-0 for both teams....Go Burg !!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I missed the 7th grade game but I saw most of the 8th grade game. Burg has an excellent team. Something needs to be done about the gym and the very (both ways) poor refereeing. I do not think it is safe to play in that gym. Junior high players have gotten too big and fast.
Last edited by falconflyer on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

basernner
Waterboy

Post by basernner »

Burg is undefeated and I congratulate them for that,but I watched their coach run up the score very bad against other teams. It Is one thing to be good another to have a coach with that much disrespect to the other teams kids.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

In the Minford game, I couldn't say that the WB coach ran up the socre. He played a lot of players early and often. You can't ask players not to play hard.

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Neither team (7th or 8th) has run up the score. When a steal or turnover results in an easy layup, what are they suppose to do? Like falconflyer said, you can't ask the kids not to play hard. Also, they play deep into the bench giving nearly every kid playing time in every game.

And we can talk all day and night about the size and condition of the gym (and I would agree wholeheartedly). But this is the last season for that location. The new schools will be ready next fall and things will improve then.

I am exceptionally proud that the boys have been able to keep their emotions and excitement in check during their home games especially.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

looks like minford got the same dose of refs as did valley got 3 min into 1 st qter burg in the bonus.halftime minford 19 fouls burg 3. total for game minford 28 burg 8.and the gym is well anyway..

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Did not see either game and the gym is a challenge at best. Is it possible that minford was just fouling more than burg? Or was it equally physical on both sides and just the refs only called one way?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

WOULD LIKE TO PLAY BURG'S 7TH GRADE or any team that might have an open date VC has a good team also only played 4 games so far (weather) 3 on the road, 4-0 yet to be tested
HOME EASTERN MEIGS W 54-25
@NY W 49-34 trailed by 1 at the half
@ ATHENS W 51-24
@ RIVER VALLEY W 73-25.
@ ALEX THUR 12/20 6:00
GO VIKES

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

out of the games i have seen. minford has not had one player foul out very well coached.the ref lost complete control when a ref leaves the gym to throw people out of the gym he is on his own mission.i recommend anybody that plays at the burg gym think twice about it!!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

VIKED_MAN wrote:WOULD LIKE TO PLAY BURG'S 7TH GRADE or any team that might have an open date VC has a good team also only played 4 games so far (weather) 3 on the road, 4-0 yet to be tested
HOME EASTERN MEIGS W 54-25
@NY W 49-34 trailed by 1 at the half
@ ATHENS W 51-24
@ RIVER VALLEY W 73-25.
@ ALEX THUR 12/20 6:00
GO VIKES

I would like to see that match up as well, sounds like both Burg and Vinton County have good ball clubs..Is there a tourny at the end of the year for 7th grade basketball?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”