Peebles 7th grade boys finish season at 12 - 0

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
bucknut 23
Varsity

Peebles 7th grade boys finish season at 12 - 0

Post by bucknut 23 »

The Peebles 7th grade boys team finished their regular season last night with a 10 point win at Eastern Brown to finish at 12 - 0. They still have the SHL Tournament to play which will begin next week. This team is led by a very talented Trent Arey who can flat-out do it all -- shoot, drive, rebound and play defense. Also, there are some very strong perimeter shooters on this team and they do play solid defense.

The head coach is Josh Arey who is a former All-State player from Peebles. He does a great job with this team and they all understand how to play. Their guard play is tremendous.

sneaky1
Waterboy

Post by sneaky1 »

:12223
Last edited by sneaky1 on Thu May 22, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Yes, the Arey boy is the blonde headed boy. He and the entire team play very unselfish basketball and move the ball well on offense. They are a lot of fun to watch. They do have some very good shooters. Matthew McAdow, Tyler Porter, and Cole Demint can all shoot it pretty well. With Arey's ability to penetrate he is able to kick it out to someone spotting up if he doesn't get to the rim himself. Arey can also jump out of the gym for a 7th grader and plays so much taller than he actually is. Josh Chandler is also a solid player for them. They are able to go pretty deep on their bench without losing a whole lot.

This team is just so fundamentally sound for a 7th grade team. They run the flex better than many varsity teams I've seen. They have great patience on offense and really understand how to play. Defensively they are very sound as well and they box out.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I wish there were someway we could play.
How many tourny games do they have? If only three or so allowed 17 total games.
VC 7th grade will only play 15 if they win out, allowed 17.
The parents of my boys said they would drive to Peebles anytime to play.
Both schools' ad's think it's too far for a bus trip.
Would be a good game.
Played in NY shootut over the summer with Peebles wining both games with very close scores.
I didn't have entire team I have now though!

GO VIKES

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Call the high school at 937-587-2681 and ask to speak to Josh Arey. He is the Junior High coach and teaches at the high school and if you call maybe both teams could get together. I know their regular season is over and they are starting the SHL Tournament this week. They did only play 12 regular season games because two teams canceled out on them.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Yes thanks.
I met Coach Arey @ Nelsonville last summer during a shootout.
We talked at the begining of the season, didn't work antthing out.
I have sent him an email.
Hopefully we can play.
It could be a great game if it happens.

GO VIKES

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I hope it works out for you to play. This sounds like it would be a great game to watch. I know Mason County, KY has a very good 7th grade team and Peebles went down to their place and beat them by 10 points. How far is McArthur from Peebles? My guess is probably an hour and 15 to an hour and 30 minute drive.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

bucknut 23 wrote:I hope it works out for you to play. This sounds like it would be a great game to watch. I know Mason County, KY has a very good 7th grade team and Peebles went down to their place and beat them by 10 points. How far is McArthur from Peebles? My guess is probably an hour and 15 to an hour and 30 minute drive.

Yeah your about right 1.5 hour drive. I have not heard back yet, but I too would like to see it happen.

GO VIKES

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Burgs 7th grade is undefeated so far this year as well 12-0.. I would love to see Vinton County , Peebles, Burg, and Ironton 7th grade all play against each other in a small tournament, I believe these are 4 of your best 7th grade teams around... :-D

sneaky1
Waterboy

Post by sneaky1 »

8)
Last edited by sneaky1 on Thu May 22, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

I have seen Peebles play this and they are very strong. They go about nine deep and are very fundamental and pass the ball as well as any young team I have ever seen.
Last edited by job 2:10 on Wed May 21, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

91Grad wrote:Burgs 7th grade is undefeated so far this year as well 12-0.. I would love to see Vinton County , Peebles, Burg, and Ironton 7th grade all play against each other in a small tournament, I believe these are 4 of your best 7th grade teams around... :-D

Would love to see that happen.
We are in a poSt Season tournament at Trimble.
Fed Hoc, NY, & Logan very tough 7th grade teams also.
We beat NY @ Nelsomville 49-34 in or 2nd game. Closest game so far.
We played Peebles in NY shootout twice, and they won by 4 & 7.
I had 2 sixth graders on that team, who I let play as much as others because each kid paid an amount for the entry fee.
Our 8th grade beat Peebles 7th to win the shootout, it was a combination of 7 & 8th grade teams.
Would love to play any or all of those 3 teams.

GO VIKES

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles moved to 13 - 0 on the year with a 48 - 25 win over Lynchburg in the quarter-finals of the SHL Tournament on Wednesday night.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles advanced to the SHL 7th grade league championship with a 48 - 16 win over Fayetteville on Saturday. The Indians are now 14 - 0 on the year. The championship game is Wednesday at Peebles against Ripley at 5:00 p.m. Ripley's 8th grade team plays in the 8th grade finals that night in the second game at 6:30 p.m.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”