Meigs 7th graders run past Gallipolis, 49-40

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
jottings
SEOPS H

Meigs 7th graders run past Gallipolis, 49-40

Post by jottings »

Visiting Meigs took advantage of several Gallipolis turnovers and missed shots to hand the Gallipolis seventh graders a 49-40 setback on the Washington School hardwood Wednesday evening in a makeup contest.

The loss in Gallipolis' regular season final left the Little Devils with an 8-5 record, and the Meigs win avenged an earlier season 38-26 setback to the Gallians. Meigs substituted freely during the evening, using all 11 players and that seemed to wear out the Gallians. who used only seven players in the 24-minute contest.

Meigs led 12-9, 21-17 and 35-29 at the quartermarks.

Thusrsday's home game with South Point has been cancelled.

coachovc
Riding the Bench

Post by coachovc »

GAHS 8th grade defeated meigs 51-50 in OT. Nick Saunders 'putted' in 2 free throws late in OT for the win.

jottings
SEOPS H

Any post-season games?

Post by jottings »

Will there be any post-season games for the Gallia junior high teams? If not, Gallipolis should have its own invitatiional. They used to host post-season events in the 1970s and 1980s.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

I agree. We need to have boys and girls.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Re: Any post-season games?

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Jottings wrote:Will there be any post-season games for the Gallia junior high teams? If not, Gallipolis should have its own invitatiional. They used to host post-season events in the 1970s and 1980s.

I think the 7th grade boys are in the post season tourny @ Trimble begining 2/16. They paly Alex first round.

GO VIKES

jottings
SEOPS H

GA 7th graders?

Post by jottings »

Viked man...Gallipolis' 7th graders had a pizza party last night, then turned their uniforms in. That would suggest they are finished for the year with an 8-5 mark.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Re: GA 7th graders?

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Jottings wrote:Viked man...Gallipolis' 7th graders had a pizza party last night, then turned their uniforms in. That would suggest they are finished for the year with an 8-5 mark.

Maybe so, but they are on a tournament bracket sent by Trimble to VC.
Maybe a misprint? They are to play Alex. on Sat 2/16 @ Trimble Middle School, according to this sheet I have.

GO VIKES

bucknut2335
Waterboy

Post by bucknut2335 »

I asked Coach Hopkins if they was in a tournament over this past weekend, and he told me they did not get into one.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

bucknut2335 wrote:I asked Coach Hopkins if they was in a tournament over this past weekend, and he told me they did not get into one.

Yes this is true, I was told they were invited, but didn't want to come.
They were on the bracket to play Alex Sat @ 9, but now Logan will play the improving Spartans, and we (VC) will play Trimble @ high noon!
A great Sat of jr hi basketball @ trimble Middle school on the 16th beginning at 9:00 am. Only thing I must play-and-go in order to get to Wellston to watch the Vikings play in their Sectional game at 3:00.
Good luck to all teams in the tournament.

GO VIKES

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”