AAU Club looking for players

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Basketball_fan1980
Waterboy

AAU Club looking for players

Post by Basketball_fan1980 »

There is a new club and team forming in Hillsboro, looking for junior high girls. Anyone interested let me know. I can fill you in on who the coach is. We are new so any suggestions would be appreciated.

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Re: AAU Club looking for players

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

What about pee-wee?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

With the mention of AAU, I thought it would be good to post a reminder to Ohio Athletes participating in school basketball (7-12).
  • During the School Basketball Season, Players CANNOT participate in any tryout, practice, workout or competition for a non-school
    team/program at any time.
  • After the season is complete, players from a school team may practice, tryout and compete with non-school teams (AAU).
  • There is a limit of TWO (2) players that played for the same 7-8 teams or the same 9-12 teams the previous season on the same
    non-school team. 2 player limit does not apply from June 1 – July 31.
For Coaches:
  • If you are a 7-8th grade SCHOOL coach: You are not permitted to coach players that played for your school’s 7-8 teams in TEAM PLAY
    anytime outside the season of play EXCEPT for 10 days during June and July. You MAY provide individual instruction within the parameters
    of General Sports Regulation 8.6 (newly adopted in September, 2013)
  • If you are a 9-12th grade SCHOOL coach also: You are not permitted to coach players that played for your school’s 9-12 teams in TEAM
    PLAY anytime outside the season of play EXCEPT for 10 days during June and July. You MAY provide individual instruction within the
    parameters of General Sports Regulation 8.6 (newly adopted in September, 2013)
  • If you are NOT A SCHOOL coach also: The OHSAA does not provide restrictions for non-school coaches
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/Rebounde ... Advice.pdf

We are trying to form a junior high team and a high school team first. We could always add moRe if the interest is there.

Basketball_fan1980
Waterboy

Interested in Junior High girls wanting to play AAU, South Central Ohio is a new club. Anyone interested let me know. I will have tryout dates once school season is over.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Any word on a boys team? I have an 8th grade boy looking for a team.

Basketball_fan1980
Waterboy

I have had some interested for 8th grade boys. I will do some checking and let you know asap. As long as I have kids interested we will form a team for them.

hillsborohotshots
Waterboy

Post by hillsborohotshots »

The club in Hillsboro are having Jr High girls tryouts on Saturday February 27th 12:30-3 at Hillsboro high school.

captainmorgan
Waterboy

Post by captainmorgan »

Basketball_fan1980 wrote:Interested in Junior High girls wanting to play AAU, South Central Ohio is a new club. Anyone interested let me know. I will have tryout dates once school season is over.
Where and how often will practices he held? What does your schedule look like?

hillsborohotshots
Waterboy

Practices will be held at Hillsboro, either at the elementary, middle school, or high school. To start with we will practice 2-3 days depending on schedules and then cut it down once we get going. We will participate in AAU tournaments near Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus. Any that are close, we will try to put teams in. I want them to play as much as possible. We will also participate in non sanctioned events. That is why we ask that the girls get the AB added benefit membership. It's only $2.00 more. Any questions or to register, give Jason Moberly a call at 937-763-7396.

hillsborohotshots
Waterboy

Website is done except for some minor tweaking. www.hillsborohotshotsaau.com

hillsborohotshots
Waterboy

Jr. high tryouts are this Saturday February 27th 12:30 - 3:00 at Hillsboro High School. If you haven't checked out the website, please do. We want girls that want to get better and play basketball. The more gym time they can get in the better their season will be next year.

Let me know if there are any questions. We are trying to keep the fee down as much as possible. $300 is a pretty good deal considering some are a lot more expensive.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”