Upcoming players

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Gomer
Waterboy

Upcoming players

Post by Gomer »

Sounds like there is some talent on the jr. high teams. What about the younger girls, like grades 4, 5 & 6? Any strong players? How about pitching? From what people have told me, it takes a lot of dedication and hard work to be a stand out pitcher. Anyone coming up? How about big bats?

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Upcoming players

Post by Tartanblue »

Way Way WAY..............to early to actually tell how good a girl is going to be in grade 4 and 5....and really a little early in grade 6. Kids develop at different times...what kid might look like a stud and top player now may just end up being average.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

It would be hard to say who will try out for jr. high. There are many great players not playing this year. I think ND will be good next year. Looking at the teams now a lot have young players.They should all be good. I think it is a great league. There are many good pitchers in our area. There are many kids working for next year. I know of some 7th graders that should great next year. I think there will be some coaching changes as some of the kids will move up. As for younger players who has the time to scout.We are in mid season.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Tartanblue wrote:Way Way WAY..............to early to actually tell how good a girl is going to be in grade 4 and 5....and really a little early in grade 6. Kids develop at different times...what kid might look like a stud and top player now may just end up being average.

Your statement does hold merit. Due to differences in physical maturity at 9-12 yrs just the raw strength of each girl can vary widely. But there is also some merit to judging atheletic ability , who obviously was given great hand/eye coordination, balance , etc etc. So I think you can tell pretty well who has the best chance at developing into a fine player. Not saying a girl far behind at 10 can't catch up, she sure can. But playing against the best starting at age 10 sure puts those kids above the bell curve. so in part i agree , in part i disagree. You just can't convince me that the girls I mentioned on the other thread will not be superb , far above average players, assuming they actually play. Because of the foundation they learned and the level they competed at during the 9-12 years. MD

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”