Waverly vs Northwest (8th grade football)

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
toast
All State

Waverly vs Northwest (8th grade football)

Post by toast »

This should be a good one. This Thursday at Northwest. Waverly comes in undefeated and I think Northwest is also. Maybe someone can help us.

Northwest beat Waverly at Waverly last year handing the Tigers their one and only Jr. High loss. Looking forward to a good match-up.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Waverly vs Northwest (8th grade football)

Post by BigBlueNation »

toast wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:11 pm This should be a good one. This Thursday at Northwest. Waverly comes in undefeated and I think Northwest is also. Maybe someone can help us.

Northwest beat Waverly at Waverly last year handing the Tigers their one and only Jr. High loss. Looking forward to a good match-up.
I think the game is on Wednesday on the highschool field. Northwest's 8th grade team is very impressive. This should be a dandy.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

both teams are good.......lucky for them neither play the ironmens 8th grade........waverly slipped one past them in the 7th grade maybe a little different this year but guess we will never know! maybe they'll cross paths in the coming years of high school ball.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
toast
All State

Post by toast »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm
toast wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:11 pm This should be a good one. This Thursday at Northwest. Waverly comes in undefeated and I think Northwest is also. Maybe someone can help us.

I think the game is on Wednesday on the highschool field. Northwest's 8th grade team is very impressive. This should be a dandy.
We definitely need to find out when the game is being played. Lol. Let us know if you find out for sure. I'll check my sources also. Should be a nice crowd.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:38 pm both teams are good.......lucky for them neither play the ironmens 8th grade........waverly slipped one past them in the 7th grade maybe a little different this year but guess we will never know! maybe they'll cross paths in the coming years of high school ball.....
I went to that game last year at Jackson. What a game! The contest was suspended because of lightning and they finished it a few days later. Waverly was leading at the time it was called off which was in the 4th quarter. I heard Jackson scored and took the lead when the game resumed only to see Waverly score on their last drive for the win. These two have battled on the basketball court also.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

toast wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm

We definitely need to find out when the game is being played. Lol. Let us know if you find out for sure. I'll check my sources also. Should be a nice crowd.
It was changed to Thursday. Sorry!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

toast wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:05 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:38 pm both teams are good.......lucky for them neither play the ironmens 8th grade........waverly slipped one past them in the 7th grade maybe a little different this year but guess we will never know! maybe they'll cross paths in the coming years of high school ball.....
I went to that game last year at Jackson. What a game! The contest was suspended because of lightning and they finished it a few days later. Waverly was leading at the time it was called off which was in the 4th quarter. I heard Jackson scored and took the lead when the game resumed only to see Waverly score on their last drive for the win. These two have battled on the basketball court also.
yes, the game last year was a barn burner!! I admired Waverly's confidence last year when they called the game in the 4th quarter with the lead and I believe there was enough time to have confirmed an official game but yet wanted to finish it out and they prevailed!! I am sure the kids of Jackson have a sour taste in their mouths over that one but hats off to the Tigers for getting the job done. Both are a very sound group of kids that both programs should be foaming at the mouth for these kids to get to the next level...............

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

I'm taking Waverly by 14

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

should be a good one tonight..............ironmens 8th grade got yet another W last night and like to have a shot at one of these teams but not gonna happen this year.........will someone on the forum go to the game tonight and give us a detailed game info from waverly vs northwest....

toast
All State

Post by toast »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:19 am should be a good one tonight..............ironmens 8th grade got yet another W last night and like to have a shot at one of these teams but not gonna happen this year.........will someone on the forum go to the game tonight and give us a detailed game info from waverly vs northwest....
I hope to go and will give some comments. I did see where Jackson won big last night. Hoping the rain stays north of us for the game tonight. I hear Northwest is really big. I suppose a wet field would benefit them. But they did beat Waverly last year on dry turf. We shall see.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

toast wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:19 am should be a good one tonight..............ironmens 8th grade got yet another W last night and like to have a shot at one of these teams but not gonna happen this year.........will someone on the forum go to the game tonight and give us a detailed game info from waverly vs northwest....
I hope to go and will give some comments. I did see where Jackson won big last night. Hoping the rain stays north of us for the game tonight. I hear Northwest is really big. I suppose a wet field would benefit them. But they did beat Waverly last year on dry turf. We shall see.
the rain always adds a variable to the game that could make or break a team......they will have to play error free football.......is the game in Waverly or at northwest?????

toast
All State

Post by toast »

^^^

Game is at Northwest. I believe the 7th grade game starts at 5:00. But it seems like they always say 5:00 and it nearly always starts at 5:30. :)

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Great atmosphere and great game. Fans got their moneys worth. Congrats to Northwest as they get the win 26-20.

Waverly jumped out to a 20-6 lead and NW scored with around 30 seconds left in the half to make it 20-14. NW got a pick six on the next play to make it 20-20 at the half. Only score in the second half was a 95 yard fumble return by NW for a TD. Waverly had the ball down to the five yard line again but turned it over to NW on a fumble. Loved the effort by both teams all night.

Two really good teams. Both schools should be proud of these kids. The future is bright!

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

toast wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm Great atmosphere and great game. Fans got their moneys worth. Congrats to Northwest as they get the win 26-20.

Waverly jumped out to a 20-6 lead and NW scored with around 30 seconds left in the half to make it 20-14. NW got a pick six on the next play to make it 20-20 at the half. Only score in the second half was a 95 yard fumble return by NW for a TD. Waverly had the ball down to the five yard line again but turned it over to NW on a fumble. Loved the effort by both teams all night.

Two really good teams. Both schools should be proud of these kids. The future is bright!
Yes, I got to see this game also, Waverly was the better team, but NW turned costly T.O's into TD's.
27 seconds before halftime instead of just running the ball (which they did decently with Will their QB) they tried to pass and it was picked and returned for a TD.
The Safety for NW played a monster of a game. He made almost every read right and had some very big hits.
But man was it a good game, down to the last play of the game.

You control that.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TIGER#27 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am
toast wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm Great atmosphere and great game. Fans got their moneys worth. Congrats to Northwest as they get the win 26-20.

Yes, I got to see this game also, Waverly was the better team, but NW turned costly T.O's into TD's.
27 seconds before halftime instead of just running the ball (which they did decently with Will their QB) they tried to pass and it was picked and returned for a TD.
The Safety for NW played a monster of a game. He made almost every read right and had some very big hits.
WOW!!! sounds like these teams lived up to the hype!!!! turnovers can cost a team a game and it sounds like that was the case last night!! glad the fans enjoyed a good game from the boys of fall and hats off to the young men who left it all on the field............

SOHSG
Waterboy

Post by SOHSG »

To say Waverly is the better team when Northwest is the only team to beat you in 2 years and they did it twice (2-0) is a bit bold. Not taking anything away from Waverly, they are a great team. The QB is going to be a great player. Northwest is a more complete team with really good players at almost every position on the field.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

SOHSG wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:12 am

To say Waverly is the better team when Northwest is the only team to beat you in 2 years and they did it twice (2-0) is a bit bold. Not taking anything away from Waverly, they are a great team. The QB is going to be a great player. Northwest is a more complete team with really good players at almost every position on the field.
Waverly out played them, but I guess we can agree to disagree.
#7 for N.West is a very good player and had a long TD. and the scoring drive be half was the only time they moved the ball, and the other 2 scores were off Waverly T.O's. Waverly moved the ball all night on them, but the fumble on the 5 returned for a TD and a Int on the 3 sealed the deal for N.West. But N.West does have a very, very nice team. Congrats to them on their Victory.

You control that.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”