Top teams of southern Ohio?

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Baller156
Waterboy

Top teams of southern Ohio?

Post by Baller156 »

Who are the best teams around? I hear Jackson is pretty good and I heard the same about waverly. Also I heard northwest was pretty good. What do you guys think?

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Re: Top teams of southern Ohio?

Post by Tcat1 »

Meigs is really good

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

jacksons 8th grade is star powered and would be VERY difficult to beat........they have ran every team they have played this year off the field.........better come watch the 1st half cause you wont see the starters in the 2nd.........waverly has a great group too and they slipped one past the ironmen a year ago which they do not play this year and kinda shame............the group from Jackson is stud filled everywhere...........

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Mohawkmomma12
Waterboy

Post by Mohawkmomma12 »

Would LOVE to see Northwest play Jackson as two boys on Jackson team are former Mohawks, and good boys I may add. NW 8th has not lost game in 3 years.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

from my understanding Jackson 8th grade has quite a few kids from surrounding areas playing on this team. which comes to no shock as kids flock to play Jackson football in high school this group just formed at a young age. And this group should be no expectation at the next level...never know what the future will hold but ones thing for sure.....we aren't going to see Jackson vs northwest this year :)

Mohawkmomma12
Waterboy

Post by Mohawkmomma12 »

The three boys from NW that play for Jackson was made to move their, wasn't their choice. They would come back to be a Mohawk anyday. Unfortunately these boys was dealt a bad hand in life and are actually better off in Jackson with family that loves them and they can be a kid again. I just love these boys and I truly miss them. My son on NW 8th really misses them as they are his ex stepbrothers and boy he was really wanting to play against them.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

1. Meigs
2. Jackson / Northwest
3. Waverly
4. Vinton county
5. Logan

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tcat1 »

Trimble is just as good as Waverly. We have beat Logan in the past.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Tcat1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 pm Trimble is just as good as Waverly. We have beat Logan in the past.
Watched them play minford . I disagree

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who are the 3 Jackson kids from NW???

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:47 pm Who are the 3 Jackson kids from NW???
great question :?: :?: :?:

Mohawkmomma12
Waterboy

Post by Mohawkmomma12 »

The Webb boys
Brenden , Brandon, and Hunter Webb

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Isn't the best 8th grade team in SE Ohio, but this squad has tremendous upside as they head into HS next season. Keep an eye on PG Amare Johnson.....could be the starting PG on the varsity Trojans by the time he's a sophomore. His ball handling is phenomenal for that level.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

trojandave wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm Isn't the best 8th grade team in SE Ohio, but this squad has tremendous upside as they head into HS next season. Keep an eye on PG Amare Johnson.....could be the starting PG on the varsity Trojans by the time he's a sophomore. His ball handling is phenomenal for that level.
Talking about football trojandave

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

trojandave wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm Isn't the best 8th grade team in SE Ohio, but this squad has tremendous upside as they head into HS next season. Keep an eye on PG Amare Johnson.....could be the starting PG on the varsity Trojans by the time he's a sophomore. His ball handling is phenomenal for that level.
Sounds like we should have a fun game to watch tonight as Portsmouth travels to Proctorville to take on a Fairland team that has a lot of talent and can go very deep on the bench.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

94dragons wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:31 pm
Sounds like we should have a fun game to watch tonight as Portsmouth travels to Proctorville to take on a Fairland team that has a lot of talent and can go very deep on the bench.
My money on Fairland

GreenBasketball11
Riding the Bench

Post by GreenBasketball11 »

Green Junior High FRANKLIN Furnace 8th grade record 5-1

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Fairland (52) - (27) Portsmouth

Post by Ironman92 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:55 am
Fairland (52) - (27) Portsmouth
Yep....Porter and company are very good and play well together. Not surprised.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Tri-State Youth Sports and Ironman92: Congratulations to the Fairland 8th grade team. I knew they were good going into the game, and I never said Portsmouth was going to win or even compete with them. All I said was that our team has tremendous upside as they head into HS, and I stand by my statement.
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”