Waverly 8th Grade

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Waverly 8th Grade

Post by MasterOfNone »

I heard they've had a great year, which is awesome to hear. Who are some of the key players on the team? Are there any chances that any of these boys make an impact on the varsity level as freshman next year?

TIGER#27
JV Team

Re: Waverly 8th Grade

Post by TIGER#27 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:13 pm I heard they've had a great year, which is awesome to hear. Who are some of the key players on the team? Are there any chances that any of these boys make an impact on the varsity level as freshman next year?
That's a tough question.
The QB (Will Futhey) is a great athlete. Heard they may move him to another position, but I can see him being Backup QB. Really good shot at making Varsity.
The RB (JT Barnett) is a very hard runner and good LB also. Has an outside chance kid is very hard nose.
They have really good speed and hands at WR (Wade Futhey, Penn Morrison might focus on Tennis, Markie Stulley not sure he'll play, Kai Marquez), but I don't really see them playing Varsity.
The Linemen, I don't see it.
A lot of things can change between now and then.
This is just my opinion and my opinion only.
Last edited by TIGER#27 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the Jackson 8th grade our drooling at the mouth to take on this group again.........both good groups.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

TIGER#27 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:13 pm I heard they've had a great year, which is awesome to hear. Who are some of the key players on the team? Are there any chances that any of these boys make an impact on the varsity level as freshman next year?
That's a tough question.
The QB is a great athlete. Heard they may move him to another position, but I can see him being Backup QB. Really good shot at making Varsity.
The RB is a very hard runner and good LB also. Has an outside chance kid is very hard nose.
They have really good speed and hands at WR, but I don't really see them playing Varsity.
I understand, it's definitely too early to say how everything will play out. I just didn't know what kind of talent the kids had. Do you know the names of any of the kids who you mentioned?

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:02 pm
TIGER#27 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 pm
That's a tough question.
The QB is a great athlete. Heard they may move him to another position, but I can see him being Backup QB. Really good shot at making Varsity.
The RB is a very hard runner and good LB also. Has an outside chance kid is very hard nose.
They have really good speed and hands at WR, but I don't really see them playing Varsity.
I understand, it's definitely too early to say how everything will play out. I just didn't know what kind of talent the kids had. Do you know the names of any of the kids who you mentioned?
fixed the original post.

You control that.
toast
All State

Post by toast »

This group has some of those intangibles you just can't teach. They're tough, gritty and super competitive. You just get the feeling this group just absolutely hates to lose at anything. And to top it off they have a great work ethic and are really nice kids. A coaches dream come true. :)

Nice post by Tiger#27. I would add Ethan Delong to that list. His quickness and speed can't be taught. He made a ton of tackles and was very difficult to block. Fastest kid on the team I've been told. And that's saying something after seeing Will and Wade play!

Just my opinion but I can see some of these kids starting varsity football next year. JT has good speed and a nose for the ball. He reminds me somewhat of Drew Harris. Not the biggest kid around but a great football player. It's no secret that the varsity has some holes to fill at the LB position. I can't imagine keeping Wil off the field next year. Wade is impressive too. The next several years should be fun that's for sure.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

toast wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:52 am This group has some of those intangibles you just can't teach. They're tough, gritty and super competitive. You just get the feeling this group just absolutely hates to lose at anything. And to top it off they have a great work ethic and are really nice kids. A coaches dream come true. :)

Nice post by Tiger#27. I would add Ethan Delong to that list. His quickness and speed can't be taught. He made a ton of tackles and was very difficult to block. Fastest kid on the team I've been told. And that's saying something after seeing Will and Wade play!

Just my opinion but I can see some of these kids starting varsity football next year. JT has good speed and a nose for the ball. He reminds me somewhat of Drew Harris. Not the biggest kid around but a great football player. It's no secret that the varsity has some holes to fill at the LB position. I can't imagine keeping Wil off the field next year. Wade is impressive too. The next several years should be fun that's for sure.
You're right, I totally forgot about Ethan. Yes very fast and very good at tackling. JT is built like a RB and isn't afraid to put a lick on someone. (like the Drew comparison). I think there are several that can make an instant impact myself.
The 7th grade has some talent on it as well, just finding out where it should play is the hard part. They have some good Athletes there that can play multiple positions, with a couple of speedsters.

You control that.
toast
All State

Post by toast »

^^^

Yes, JT delivered some real shots. Definitely has that football mentality. :) He's going to be fun to watch the next four years. I think Mark Stulley is going to be really good also. He can catch anything and has a real nice burst of speed too. What a fiery competitor!

I'm excited about the 7th grade team also. They'll compliment the 8th grade group nicely. Good speed and a couple nice receivers and linebackers. They were right there with every team they played a half time. Just not enough size or depth on the line to hang the whole game.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly 8th grade is pretty good in all sports. 8th grade soccer is undefeated, although I realize some of the better soccer players at other schools skip junior high soccer for another season of club soccer.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Futhey is a big put together athlete

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Watching Will Futhey running the ball looks just like Tanner Holden or Colin Woods from Valley View. Long strider with elusiveness to go along with it. I believe coach Crabtree will have him playing varsity next year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Futhey will be on the field somewhere next year.

Baller156
Waterboy

Post by Baller156 »

smurray wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 am Futhey will be on the field somewhere next year.
What position do you think he would play?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Baller156 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 am Futhey will be on the field somewhere next year.
I'm not sure but knowing the Tigers started 2-3 freshman this year I cant imagine him not seeing some playing time out of the gate.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Baller156 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 pm
I'd say that Shanks has the QB position tied up for the next several years so I think Futhey will be used as a WR.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”