8th Grade Jr. High Basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: 8th Grade Jr. High Basketball

Post by BigBlueNation »

7th grade in Scioto county is between Valley and West. Valley has some really nice players and West has the Sanderlin kid who is really tough.

Rumble78
Waterboy

Post by Rumble78 »

Yes, I watched West at Jackson summer league this past summer and they have some solid 7th graders.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

month away from the first game......kids are getting excited and ready to ball it up

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

Girls Basketball

In the big school division of the SHAC Eastern Brown and North Adams are the top 2 teams
In the small school division of the SHAC Fairfield and Fayetteville are the top 2 teams.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Looking like Wheelersburg may have one of the best 8th grade boys team around this season. Word is they have a couple of kids playing that were not at Burg last year. Apparently the best player from Portsmouth West last year and the best player from Ironton last season are at Wheelersburg this year. Should be a very good team, maybe the best around.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Southeastern 8th grade boys are pretty strong this year. It's a really strong Baskeball class,unfortunately there's not much in front of or behind them as far as talent goes.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 pm Looking like Wheelersburg may have one of the best 8th grade boys team around this season. Word is they have a couple of kids playing that were not at Burg last year. Apparently the best player from Portsmouth West last year and the best player from Ironton last season are at Wheelersburg this year. Should be a very good team, maybe the best around.
Not buying. We’ll see how they fare against Waverly

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm
toast wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 pm Looking like Wheelersburg may have one of the best 8th grade boys team around this season. Word is they have a couple of kids playing that were not at Burg last year. Apparently the best player from Portsmouth West last year and the best player from Ironton last season are at Wheelersburg this year. Should be a very good team, maybe the best around.
Should be a good matchup. They play each at Burg this coming Monday. Does Waverly’s jr high press like the high school? If they do, should be interesting to see who plays against the press better. This group from Burg can smother you with their press.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:42 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm
Should be a good matchup. They play each at Burg this coming Monday. Does Waverly’s jr high press like the high school? If they do, should be interesting to see who plays against the press better. This group from Burg can smother you with their press.
Waverly can definitely press. I’ve heard Stully is out? Hope not but if he is you might be able to press Waverly...but Robertson is the best ball handler in 8th grade anywhere around here. I don’t think I would press them but I’d definitely be ready to be pressed.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Both of those kids looked pretty good when we played them, but the Tigers were just too much still.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
toast
All State

Post by toast »

TIGER#27 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 am
Both of those kids looked pretty good when we played them, but the Tigers were just too much still.
I was told Burg also had a new kid from Portsmouth that wasn't there in 7th grade. Relievable source I believe. The rematch should be another good game. 7th grade game should be excellent also. Looks like Waverly's 8th grade will have their hands full again tonight. I hear Minford is good and that they are HUGE.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West played Wheelersburg last night. They have no kids from Portsmouth that I know of.
The 8th grade has 1

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

The only “new” players this year for Burg are one kid from Ironton on the 8th grade team and two kids on the 7th grade team. The latter are brothers who used to attend Burg until they had to move due a parent transferring for work.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

toast wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 am I was told Burg also had a new kid from Portsmouth that wasn't there in 7th grade. Relievable source I believe.
Word on the street is that they have people out in the community trying hard to make that a reality.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Oak wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 am
toast wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 am I was told Burg also had a new kid from Portsmouth that wasn't there in 7th grade. Relievable source I believe.
Word on the street is that they have people out in the community trying hard to make that a reality.
Maybe that's what was meant by my source. He was a credible guy. I'll make sure I get more confirmation before posting for now on.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

toast wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 am
Oak wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 am
Maybe that's what was meant by my source. He was a credible guy. I'll make sure I get more confirmation before posting for now on.
Unfortunately there is alot of recruiting going on at this level

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Unfortunately there is alot of recruiting going on at this level
[/quote]

Yes there is!

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

everyone knows the guy at Burg recruiting is Mr. School Board President Matt Miller! it aint no secret anymore.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

JEEPNATION wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:19 pm everyone knows the guy at Burg recruiting is Mr. School Board President Matt Miller! it aint no secret anymore.
Don't know about him but some of the other stuff is pretty brazing. I know their superintendent has been made aware. Let's see if they back off

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

if u aint recruiting win they are yung then you might misout on some talent

we all no that pirats dont grow on trees

they are raised by swashbucklers like bluebeard and the spanish armada

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”