Jackson 8th Basketball

Post by Rumble78 »

Thoughts on this team?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson 8th Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be another excellent season.

Drew Bragg a 6’0 guard is one of the elite players of the 8th grade. He can carry a team.

Holden Blankenship is an awesome big game player that really doesn’t have a weakness. About 5’5 but plays bigger. Quick and tireless. Love watching this kid play.

Chris Hughes is a 5’11 athlete (yeah he’s my kid) that plays excellent defense be it underneath or on perimeter. Doesn’t have the basketball scoring skills the other kids have but he is very solid and had good games in the big games.

Tristen Prater about 5’8 or so athlete and can do it all. Kid understands sports. Can handle the ball and do what is needed. Just a solid solid all-around player.

Nate Woodard about a 5’10 guard that projects out to being an excellent high school player and scorer. Plenty of growing left I’d guess. Great at finding the open spot and hitting big shots. Excited to see him this year.

Blake Brown about a 5’8 guard. Strong and gritty. Can score, drive and dish. Good perimeter defender and just a hard nosed kid that leaves it on the floor.

Logan Miller about a 5’9 or so that can play outside and underneath. Kid has strong hands and can really rebound. I think he has a decent bit more growing and could be a real nice high school player. IMO he is one of the keys to the depth and overall success of this group.

Trey Miller 5’10 shooter. He has worked very hard over the years and really working himself into the big moments. Loves the game and can score in bunches. Has really improved his overall game.

Jake Morris 5’9 guard that can score off the bench. Has a knack for hitting big shots. He along with a few others mentioned has really shot up in height and could play a big role.

Grant Mastin 5’11 forward and banger. Uncanny ability to get a rebound and loose ball and wouldn’t back down from anyone. Strong and physical. He is a football player but a smart kid and love what he brings to this group. Grant could have a big season.

Broc Williams lefty guard who always comes in and scores immediately. Plays excellent perimeter defense and always sparks off the bench.

Geoffrey Jenkins 5’10 forward. Kid can score in bunches off the bench and gets a lot of rebounds.

This team is deep. Our second group always takes it to the other team second group and they typically stay right with the opposing starters. Kids can be brought in and nothing lost. Fun group to watch.

Schedule doesn’t have any Waverly, Meigs or Logan Elms

They will have some challenges for sure but this team should have a very good season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I believe 9 of these kids had at least one double digit scoring game and I believe 4 of them had at least 1 20+ point game last season.

Rumble78
Waterboy

Post by Rumble78 »

I have watched these boys a ton over the few years and totally agree with you! Awesome post!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Schedule:

Home and Away: Chillicothe, Miami Trace, Washington, Hillsboro, McClain, Vinton County, South Webster, Wellston

FAC Tournament

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rumble78 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:10 pm I have watched these boys a ton over the few years and totally agree with you! Awesome post!!
I was privileged enough to have helped with most of these kids from 2nd grade through 6th grade. I really care about this group and appreciate what each kid brings to this team. I want them all to do well.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

there's no lack of desire to be successful with this group of kids......they are hungry

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm Should be another excellent season.

Drew Bragg a 6’0 guard is one of the elite players of the 8th grade. He can carry a team.

Holden Blankenship is an awesome big game player that really doesn’t have a weakness. About 5’5 but plays bigger. Quick and tireless. Love watching this kid play.

Chris Hughes is a 5’11 athlete (yeah he’s my kid) that plays excellent defense be it underneath or on perimeter. Doesn’t have the basketball scoring skills the other kids have but he is very solid and had good games in the big games.

Tristen Prater about 5’8 or so athlete and can do it all. Kid understands sports. Can handle the ball and do what is needed. Just a solid solid all-around player.

Nate Woodard about a 5’10 guard that projects out to being an excellent high school player and scorer. Plenty of growing left I’d guess. Great at finding the open spot and hitting big shots. Excited to see him this year.

Blake Brown about a 5’8 guard. Strong and gritty. Can score, drive and dish. Good perimeter defender and just a hard nosed kid that leaves it on the floor.

Logan Miller about a 5’9 or so that can play outside and underneath. Kid has strong hands and can really rebound. I think he has a decent bit more growing and could be a real nice high school player. IMO he is one of the keys to the depth and overall success of this group.

Trey Miller 5’10 shooter. He has worked very hard over the years and really working himself into the big moments. Loves the game and can score in bunches. Has really improved his overall game.

Jake Morris 5’9 guard that can score off the bench. Has a knack for hitting big shots. He along with a few others mentioned has really shot up in height and could play a big role.

Grant Mastin 5’11 forward and banger. Uncanny ability to get a rebound and loose ball and wouldn’t back down from anyone. Strong and physical. He is a football player but a smart kid and love what he brings to this group. Grant could have a big season.

Broc Williams lefty guard who always comes in and scores immediately. Plays excellent perimeter defense and always sparks off the bench.

Geoffrey Jenkins 5’10 forward. Kid can score in bunches off the bench and gets a lot of rebounds.

This team is deep. Our second group always takes it to the other team second group and they typically stay right with the opposing starters. Kids can be brought in and nothing lost. Fun group to watch.

They will have some challenges for sure but this team should have a very good season.
Jeepers, Talk about size. or is this avg size of 8th graders now?
Will you post a schedule when you get it. Also if you guys need an official for any Wednesday night games please post. I would love to come watch 1st hand. :o

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Mon 12/4 H vs Greenfield
Thurs 12/7 @ Hillsboro
Mon 12/11 @ Washington
Thurs 12/14 H vs Miami Trace
Mon 12/18 H vs Chillicothe
Wed 12/20 H vs Vinton County
Thurs 1/4 @ South Webster
Wed 1/10 @ Wellston
Thurs 1/11 @ Greenfield
Mon 1/15 H vs Hillsboro
Wed 1/17 H vs South Webster
Thurs 1/18 H vs Washington
Mon 1/22 @ Miami Trace
Thurs 1/25 @ Chillicothe
Wed 1/31 H vs Wellston
Mon 2/5 @ Vinton Co

FAC Tournament

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 pm Mon 12/4 H vs Greenfield
Thurs 12/7 @ Hillsboro
Mon 12/11 @ Washington
Thurs 12/14 H vs Miami Trace
Mon 12/18 H vs Chillicothe
Wed 12/20 H vs Vinton County
Thurs 1/4 @ South Webster
Wed 1/10 @ Wellston
Thurs 1/11 @ Greenfield
Mon 1/15 H vs Hillsboro
Wed 1/17 H vs South Webster
Thurs 1/18 H vs Washington
Mon 1/22 @ Miami Trace
Thurs 1/25 @ Chillicothe
Wed 1/31 H vs Wellston
Mon 2/5 @ Vinton Co

FAC Tournament
thank you

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Jebro_17
Riding the Bench

Post by Jebro_17 »

How good is the Jackson 7th Grade Team?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jebro_17 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 am How good is the Jackson 7th Grade Team?
Had a good year as 6th graders. I think they have a new PG that is pretty good I’ve heard. I’d guess they’ll have a good season.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm Should be another excellent season.

Always count on I92 for a great rundown. Sounds like this group needs to scrimmage Waverly or Meigs. Look forward to catching a basketball game or two. Saw them one game on the gridiron and it is a good group. Look forward to this bunch in the years ahead blending in and helping out. Good luck on the season.

Jebro_17
Riding the Bench

Post by Jebro_17 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm
Jebro_17 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 am How good is the Jackson 7th Grade Team?
Had a good year as 6th graders. I think they have a new PG that is pretty good I’ve heard. I’d guess they’ll have a good season.
Thanks! I have a boy trying to make the Vinton County 7th Grade team and they should be pretty good this year also.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jebro_17 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:11 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm
Thanks! I have a boy trying to make the Vinton County 7th Grade team and they should be pretty good this year also.
VC a top notch program from top to bottom. They’ll give us all we can handle and have great kids. Good luck to your son and his team.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

practices begin........

Baller156
Waterboy

Post by Baller156 »

I’d like to see this 8th grade team play Waverly. It’d be a close game but I think Waverly would come out on top. They have two very elusive guards in Trey Robertson and Mark Stulley who can dribble through your whole team and put that together with the size of Will Futhey and his dominance on the board along with his scoring and Wade would play some lockdown defense on Bragg. I also hear that Will and Wade have improved a lot since last year that’s scary😬

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I believe there is quite a few people including the players that like to see this game happen!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 31
Unioto 9

20 min running clock

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »