Waverly steal and foul (#2 fouled out)
.41 Stulley to line
Make Miss
40-32

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: JH basketball scores

Post by smurray »

It’s amazing no one has gotten hurt in this thing. These refs aren’t calling anything.

.22 to play timeout Meigs.
40-32

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice win Tigers!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly steal
Foul Meigs
.18 to play
Robertson to line
Make Miss
41-32

Meigs miss
Foul
.9 Robertson line
Made both
43-32

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Meigs three at buzzer
Waverly wins 43-35

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly's guards, though small, were just way to quick and fast. Will Futhey on the inside changes shots - he controls the paint.
Tigers play Logan Saturday at 7:00p.m.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm Waverly's guards, though small, were just way to quick and fast. Will Futhey on the inside changes shots - he controls the paint.
Oh goodness. So how good was the team Logan beat? Waverly/Meigs in a semi is silly.

Logan had a nice opportunity to beat Waverly at Rio tournament but missed s ton of bunny shots in fear of Will. Brother Wade had big game that day.

I believe Waverly is 10+ points better than Logan but prepare yourself for some serious foul trouble. I hate to be that guy but in all my years and all my games...Logan is the #1 homer refs. Stay out of foul trouble and you’ll win.

And most importantly....celebrate at Pizza Crossing, my god it’s good lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm Waverly's guards, though small, were just way to quick and fast. Will Futhey on the inside changes shots - he controls the paint.
Oh goodness. So how good was the team Logan beat? Waverly/Meigs in a semi is silly.

Logan had a nice opportunity to beat Waverly at Rio tournament but missed s ton of bunny shots in fear of Will. Brother Wade had big game that day.

I believe Waverly is 10+ points better than Logan but prepare yourself for some serious foul trouble. I hate to be that guy but in all my years and all my games...Logan is the #1 homer refs. Stay out of foul trouble and you’ll win.

Ya, if Will Futhey can stay out of foul trouble we should be ok. The two he picked up in the first half tonight were legit - can’t pick up cheap ones. Wade Futhey, Markham Stulley and Trey Robertson all knocking down some big threes tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Ya, if Will Futhey can stay out of foul trouble we should be ok. The two he picked up in the first half tonight were legit - can’t pick up cheap ones. Wade Futhey, Markham Stulley and Trey Robertson all knocking down some big threes tonight.
I’ll be shocked you guys aren’t furious with the officiating. If those 3 all hitting 3’s it won’t matter. Wade was hitting at Rio but Trey was cold for him from beyond arc and Mark I don’t think hardly even shot the ball. Will wasn’t 100% but was certainly a deciding factor.

I’ll guess Waverly by 16 or Logan by a couple and you’ll want to burn down the school. Lol

Oh, and get the breadsticks with cheese! Ymmm

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm

I’ll be shocked you guys aren’t furious with the officiating. If those 3 all hitting 3’s it won’t matter. Wade was hitting at Rio but Trey was cold for him from beyond arc and Mark I don’t think hardly even shot the ball. Will wasn’t 100% but was certainly a deciding factor.

I’ll guess Waverly by 16 or Logan by a couple and you’ll want to burn down the school. Lol

Oh, and get the breadsticks with cheese! Ymmm
:lol:

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Valley defeated West 47-36 to win the 7th grade championship. Valley led by 11 at half and let West climb back to within 4 due mostly to West’s tenacity on the boards. In the end Valley was too much.

On a side note, hopefully the Duncan boy from Valley gets well soon. He broke his arm on a very rough flagrant foul in the 3rd. Took a heck of a fall.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Hope the young man heals up ok. Hate to see injuries.

Congrats to Valley, they played really well.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Congratulations to Valley 7th grade champs over West and to Wheelersburg 8th grade champs over Minford. Thanks for another exciting year of basketball from all the teams. Between jr high, jv, and varsity games I have eaten way too much popcorn. Lol.
As long as my Pirates are playing, I’ll be there cheering them on.

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

I would think waverly will have no trouble with logan meigs has never had any troucle with them in the previous years.Anxious to hear the outcome.

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

7th grade boys

Alexander over Wellston by 20
River Valley over NY by 22

Both will play in the championship on Saturday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly vs Logan at 7:00pm today is cancelled due to the weather.

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

River Valley 7th grade wins the TVC league championship . 39-28 over Alexander.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”