OT.....7th grade

toast
All State

Re: JH basketball scores

Post by toast »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 pm Vinton County 50
Jackson 49

OT.....7th grade
Sounds like a couple of very good games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 pm Vinton County 50
Jackson 49

OT.....7th grade
Sounds like a couple of very good games.
Sure was. VC matches up with us very well. Great program from ground up at VC

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

miner wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 pm 12-20-17

7th grade girls

Fairfield 32
Eastern Brown 23
Who won in the 8th grade game??

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Girls 12/20/17

7th grade
Lynchburg 13
North Adams 25 (4-3, 3-2)

8th grade
Lynchburg 10
North Adams 27 (4-3, 3-3)

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Girls 12/21/17

7th grade
Williamsburg 6
North Adams 23 (5-3, 3-2)

8th grade
Williamsburg 16
North Adams 28 (5-3, 3-3)

miner
Riding the Bench

Post by miner »

12-20-17 game---8th grade girls

Eastern Brown over Fairfield by 4. Do not recall score.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

12/20/17
7th grade: South Webster over Wheelersburg. Last score I heard was 33-18 with about 2 minutes left.

8th grade: SW 46 or 47 Burg 44

Very competitive game but one of the refs was obviously biased toward SW. Burg had 17 2nd half fouls to SW’s 4. Burg player literally knocked down on final 3 point shot by 2 SW players and nothing called. One did get a hand on the ball but both made contact with the shooter and clearly knocked him down. Losing games are fine if you lose them because the other team was better.

Just so I don’t sound like a sore loser, the ref in question actually lives in SW. I have even heard him say “any day is a good day win the Burg loses”. I thought it was just some good ribbing but I know him personally and very surprised by his actions tonight. It’s a shame for the players. Rematch should be a good one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 pm 12/20/17
7th grade: South Webster over Wheelersburg. Last score I heard was 33-18 with about 2 minutes left.

Very competitive game but one of the refs was obviously biased toward SW. Burg had 17 2nd half fouls to SW’s 4. Burg player literally knocked down on final 3 point shot by 2 SW players and nothing called. One did get a hand on the ball but both made contact with the shooter and clearly knocked him down. Losing games are fine if you lose them because the other team was better.

Just so I don’t sound like a sore loser, the ref in question actually lives in SW. I have even heard him say “any day is a good day win the Burg loses”. I thought it was just some good ribbing but I know him personally and very surprised by his actions tonight. It’s a shame for the players. Rematch should be a good one.
I cannot comment on the officiating of a game I didn’t see. I hope the rematch has officials that do a very good job and even then some fans will be upset. I’ll admit the refs at Hillsboro were very much a factor. As for the fouls I will say that South Webster has two of the most dynamic offensive guards that can get to the rim...and when you get that far in jr High the players are apt to fouling and sometimes bailing them out...also with jr high refs sometimes they anticipate and blow whistle unnecessarily...but Zimmerman and Blizzard are a handful. Zimmerman one of the most gifted offensive players around and Blizzard one of the top athletes around.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:40 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 pm 12/20/17

I cannot comment on the officiating of a game I didn’t see. I hope the rematch has officials that do a very good job and even then some fans will be upset. I’ll admit the refs at Hillsboro were very much a factor. As for the fouls I will say that South Webster has two of the most dynamic offensive guards that can get to the rim...and when you get that far in jr High the players are apt to fouling and sometimes bailing them out...also with jr high refs sometimes they anticipate and blow whistle unnecessarily...but Zimmerman and Blizzard are a handful. Zimmerman one of the most gifted offensive players around and Blizzard one of the top athletes around.
Yes both are very talented players. Hit some big shots when they needed to.

JonWudden
Waterboy

Post by JonWudden »

I have watched the Jr high tournament at Webster the last few yrs and the refs are terrible. I don't see them being for SW as much as just incompetent. There's 2 old guys who aren't good but the worst is the short stocky bald guy with goatee. They should really try to get better people.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Sounds like a few people should try to get their officiating license. As an ex-official, I always felt that jr high games and games of lower skill level were the toughest to officiate. They tend to be sloppy and physical. I've seen both SW and Burg play, and both are solid teams. I also have seen the officials of which you speak, and neither one is from SW... They also call a solid game for the Jr High level. I talk to 2-3 people who were at the game the other night, who have no stake in it, and neither mentioned the officials. Should be a fun rematch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:21 pm Sounds like a few people should try to get their officiating license. As an ex-official, I always felt that jr high games and games of lower skill level were the toughest to officiate. They tend to be sloppy and physical. I've seen both SW and Burg play, and both are solid teams. I also have seen the officials of which you speak, and neither one is from SW... They also call a solid game for the Jr High level. I talk to 2-3 people who were at the game the other night, who have no stake in it, and neither mentioned the officials. Should be a fun rematch.
Am I one of the few?

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Ironman

No... I was referring specifically to the Burg/SW game. Of course officials have bad nights and can influence a game, but I also know that there are slim pickings on good officials. I just suggest to anyone that sees it as a real issue to find a way to make a positive difference.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:30 pm Ironman

No... I was referring specifically to the Burg/SW game. Of course officials have bad nights and can influence a game, but I also know that there are slim pickings on good officials. I just suggest to anyone that sees it as a real issue to find a way to make a positive difference.
I agree. I watched what I thought was the best crew around tonight...I thought a couple of them had off nights and went more for the visiting team. They didn’t decide the game and I don’t believe for one minute any one of them tried to affect anything. I wasn’t greatly happy with them tonight but hope they are in our gym doing games as much as possible.

I honestly like some of the JV crews I have seen this season. Hope some of them start getting the call.

JonWudden
Waterboy

Post by JonWudden »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:21 pm Sounds like a few people should try to get their officiating license. As an ex-official, I always felt that jr high games and games of lower skill level were the toughest to officiate. They tend to be sloppy and physical. I've seen both SW and Burg play, and both are solid teams. I also have seen the officials of which you speak, and neither one is from SW... They also call a solid game for the Jr High level. I talk to 2-3 people who were at the game the other night, who have no stake in it, and neither mentioned the officials. Should be a fun rematch.
Why are you an ex official? Those guys that were mentioned get paid to do a job. They should do it well or get someone else. My guess is you probably weren't very good either thus an ex official taking up for yrs of incompetence

miner
Riding the Bench

Post by miner »

Leesburg Fairfield--19
Greenfield McClain 18

7th Grade Girls

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

JonWudden wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:54 am
Why are you an ex official? Those guys that were mentioned get paid to do a job. They should do it well or get someone else. My guess is you probably weren't very good either thus an ex official taking up for yrs of incompetence
Or I could have a job with a schedule that isn't conducive to officiating.

I bet you're fun at parties.

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

12/30/17 girls

8th grade
North Adams 26 (6-3,4-3)
Ripley 9

miner
Riding the Bench