Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Jr High week 3

Post by wobycat »

TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am
fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:56 am
TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:47 am
Of course Why didn't we tell the kids to block. Hmmm pretty sure up 40 we wouldn't have thought you would have rushed. so I guess we should have blocked him, but up 40 cmon.
And Incase you couldn't tell by the score we couldn't block anyone. And trust me every kid from Burg played a bunch of time so nice excuse.
at one point in the 1st quarter the game was 12-14 the making of a very good game. Then we couldn't snap the ball to our QB and a couple of T.O's you look up at 1/2 time and the score is 12-42 I believe. Burg did not really run the score up IMO we just couldn't tackle anyone who had the ball. It was sad. My hats off to them for playing a great game, my only gripe was the block punt. Would have thought the coaches would have told the kids to not rush, but hey I guess we all forget sometimes.
So your issue is with the kid
Nope, Coaches should have told the kids IMO. I know I would have made sure they all knew. But it wasn't one kid rushing the whole line did.
Not true. Only one kid bull rushed. I saw the film. The other kids did not.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:18 am
Injun wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:21 pm 62-12
50 -0

Why would you run up a score like that in middle school?
I know the score looks like they ran up the score, but they didn't.
The only real problem was Burg was up I believe like 43 with about 3-4 minutes and Waverly decided to punt and Burg rushed the punter and blocked it. That was wrong, and lost my respect for that.
Tiger27, u are right about burg didn’t run up score, it was that 4 times in first waverly couldn’t snap to the QB and 2 in 2nd quarter too. I did count 6 different backs run the ball and everybody play a lot of minutes. The punt it’s one of those things that ur trying to get kids in game and just me thinking this that the coach just didn’t think about it. We are all human, right? I know it’s not us stop us but u stop us and it’s hard to tell a kid to lay down and not play hard. I wish ur tigers the best the rest of the way too!! Also who does the burg team play coming up? Love watching these kids. Been to Ironton and waverly. They are special group of young men

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

14U wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:19 am
TIGER#27 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:18 am
Injun wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:21 pm 62-12
50 -0

Why would you run up a score like that in middle school?
I know the score looks like they ran up the score, but they didn't.
The only real problem was Burg was up I believe like 43 with about 3-4 minutes and Waverly decided to punt and Burg rushed the punter and blocked it. That was wrong, and lost my respect for that.
Tiger27, u are right about burg didn’t run up score, it was that 4 times in first waverly couldn’t snap to the QB and 2 in 2nd quarter too. I did count 6 different backs run the ball and everybody play a lot of minutes. The punt it’s one of those things that ur trying to get kids in game and just me thinking this that the coach just didn’t think about it. We are all human, right? I know it’s not us stop us but u stop us and it’s hard to tell a kid to lay down and not play hard. I wish ur tigers the best the rest of the way too!! Also who does the burg team play coming up? Love watching these kids. Been to Ironton and waverly. They are special group of young men
At the time of the punt block it seemed very bad on them. And if it was an honest mistake for the staff to tell the kids not to rush then it is what it is. I'm not sure who they play next. They do have a pretty good group there.
I know we are capable of playing with Burg, but things are what they are now. We have some very good players and it all starts with the snap. Don't have the snap then we can't see how good of players we have. Just stinks we stunk up the place vs. Burg.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Tiger 27 you might want try what burg has done. Their center against you played both ways at what we call a pirate back or outside linebacker wasn't very big guy but obviously an athlete to play there on defense. I don't remember any bad snaps off hand

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:51 pm Tiger 27 you might want try what burg has done. Their center against you played both ways at what we call a pirate back or outside linebacker wasn't very big guy but obviously an athlete to play there on defense. I don't remember any bad snaps off hand
I believe he does do both. He's a good player, just struggling with the snapping part, at times.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
14U
S

Post by 14U »

TIGER#27 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:47 am
Blitz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:51 pm Tiger 27 you might want try what burg has done. Their center against you played both ways at what we call a pirate back or outside linebacker wasn't very big guy but obviously an athlete to play there on defense. I don't remember any bad snaps off hand
I believe he does do both. He's a good player, just struggling with the snapping part, at times.
[/quote

I believe ur young center was blocking before snapping the ball. Anytime u have a nose guard young centers block first and the ball goes high!! I went and watched burg first game and their center did the same with nose guard but they must of practiced because from first time I watched until this game the young man looked different. Just practice.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”