Oak wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:09 pm
YaThink! wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 pm Waverly 8th grade-47
Valley-0

Waverly 7th grade-12
Valley-34

Waverly 8th grade now 4-0
Waverly 7th grade now 1-3

Portsmouth West comes to Waverly next Thursday @5:30
See these big scores from Waverly every week so they are obviously good. But is it really necessary to consistently run the score up in middle school?
What are they supposed to do? I personally think the Waverly 8th grade group is one of the better ones I have seen in awhile. They have a stud QB that does what he wants, and as a team they have the killer instinct. As far as the scores I suppose you want the coaches to tell the backups not to score?? They run the ball when they get up what else can you do? It is not like they keep the starters in the whole game!!!
Waverly has two kids that have hit the man muscle early. That makes them appear a lot stronger in junior high. Let's see how this group fairs in high school.

Waterboy

Re: Jr High week 4

Post by 8383838383 »

What would you want them to do when they pull their starters and put their backups in? Ask the backups to not try to move the ball? They are a good hardworking bunch of kids who are doing very well. If you think the reason they are successful is just a couple of kids who hit the man muscle early you are sadly mistaken! The reason they are successful is a lot of hard work and dedication with a good bunch of coaches. Side note, the tall one just turned 14 late in August.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”