Little League All Star Baseball District Sites/Dates

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
MClaw
Freshman Team

Re: Little League All Star Baseball District Sites/Dates

Post by MClaw »

I would be all for getting out of LL. How about right now we start to form a new league, boys and girls. 7/8's, 9/10's, and 11/12's. I could get a 9/10 boys and a 11/12 boys team for next season. PM me if you want more details.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

slider00 wrote:So district is saying that portsmouth didn't know they could handle 5 games a night 3 weeks ago?
No, I don't believe that to be correct. Instead, I think it was the district that didn't realize Portsmouth was capable of hosting 5 games per night. I'm not sure how many games per day the district believed Portsmouth could host but when it was discovered that the number was 5 the brackets were reconfigured and a new start date set.

Keep in mind that I am only posting what I am told or what I have heard and that I have no impact on the tournament decision-making process. I am not trying to defend anyone but I am more interested in supplying people with the information they are looking for that I may or may not know.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

How is it that Portsmouth is only capable of hosting 5 games a night? You would think it would be either 4 games or 6 games (they either have 2 or 3 fields). Also, I believe the original start date that was announced (June 23) was not acceptable by Williamsport. They don't even allow the district tournaments to start that early. Rawlins was trying to make his own rules.........

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I was told the reason for 5 games is 3 fields and 2 of them have lights and can have 2 games per night on those fields.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

First of all, I believe that if the kids want to play travel ball, then play travel ball. Let everyone else except the travel ball players be the Little League teams, even if they have to combine with other areas to have teams. That is already being done anyway. It is not fair for travel ball to play both taking playing time away from the other kids.

I keep seeing where some of you say that Wheelersburg did not play Little League games on Saturday so they could play travel ball. As far as I know, there are several areas doing the same thing, so why the big harp on the Burg.

Also, I see where there is mention that the district administrator is quite close to the Wheelersburg Little League. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Finally, Good Luck to all teams participating in District 11 tournaments this year!

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

Donnie rawlins was never a good ball player growing up! He thought he was but was not! Idk why he has to come across like an a-- about a kids game! The reason he is d a is purely for his own enjoyment of people acknowledging him as king of baseball! He has some serious issues! He's always going to ban someone for life! He is a joke & an embarrassment to the game of baseball! But it's the league presidents that keep him in power! All they need to do is nominate someone else to vote on! Instead, they allow him to continue! People need to attend the dist. Meetings and start nominating others or LL in this area will continue to be the Donnie Rawlins show! There is a reason he dont revoke leagues charters, because he knows when one or two leagues start their own league it will destroy LL!! And it dpes not have to be travel ball either! There are many different youth baseball associations to charter with! I would be willing to help any league in their quest to become independent of LL! At least until they get a real baseball person to take the DA position! But just complaining wont fix a thing!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

a_c_m wrote:First of all, I believe that if the kids want to play travel ball, then play travel ball. Let everyone else except the travel ball players be the Little League teams, even if they have to combine with other areas to have teams. That is already being done anyway. It is not fair for travel ball to play both taking playing time away from the other kids.

I keep seeing where some of you say that Wheelersburg did not play Little League games on Saturday so they could play travel ball. As far as I know, there are several areas doing the same thing, so why the big harp on the Burg.

Also, I see where there is mention that the district administrator is quite close to the Wheelersburg Little League. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Finally, Good Luck to all teams participating in District 11 tournaments this year!

There were at least 2 LL schools that asked for NO SATURDAY games for a specific age group. This was done BEFORE any scheduling took place. All they asked for was what Burg was already getting, but that was apparently too much to ask for. Cant blame Angel, she schedules according to what Donnie allows. This was asked for to avoid schedule controversy later in the year. LL (Donnie) wouldnt allow it and of course it later became an issue.

If you take all of the travel ball kids out of LL, you will not have enough kids in some age groups to participate at certain charters. Many charters only have one team in certain age groups as it is. The problem is LL doesnt want to compromise. Travel ball teams compromise for LL, but the LL wont budge on scheduling (other than Burg) to make it work smoothly.

Lets face it, back in the day LL was the sh!t. Other identities have slowly caught up with them, if not taken over. If it wasnt for ESPN covering the LL World Series, LL for the most part would have died 6-7 years ago. Things have changed.

What cannot be allowed to continue is the favoritism that is shown to certain charters and certain people in District 11. Donnie threatens every VOLUNTEER that is donating his/her time to coach other people's kids. That is time away from work, wives, husbands, other kids, etc. to be at the fields. Continue to run them off and it will bury LL even quicker.

Coaches have been not asked, but accused of certain things this year that are the furthest things from the truth. The list can go on and on.

IMO- Donnie needs to go ASAP and there are 1-2 more board members that need to go with him. There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with people. He hasnt a clue on the first but is masterful at the latter.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

It was mentioned previously that someone else needs to be the DA. When Donnie was originally elected he did have opposition and won the vote. When he was reelected after his first 3 years, there was no opposition. My point is that it's difficult to find someone willing to hold this position. I would be surprised if there was anyone out there willing to handle this position.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

It is what it is. I have been involved with Little League for over 20 years, and my Mom and Dad was a part of the Little League before that. These are all volunteers. I was upset this year at the moving the 11-12 girls up 1 week, most of our team had Reds tickets for Saturdays game. We asked to have the game moved up to 10:00 so that they could still go. The tournament director said ok, the umpires were ok and the other team was ok with it. But it was shot down by Donnie. (for the record, Central Region has nothing to do with the scheduling of our districts games) My daughter was one with a ticket along with myself. She made the commitment to be on the All-Star Team and she will be there at 8:00 on Sat. to play. As for the moving of the 11-12 boys, I don't really care, but anyone that is involved knows the score. As my Dad so graciously pointed out to me.....When Al Mann was the DA, Portsmouth got everything, when Judge Mullins was the DA, West got everything.....although he did say for some reason Judge Mullins loved Ironton also, LOL. When Glen Seagraves was the DA, South Point got everything....just compare how many state tournaments they got to everyone else. Now that Donnie is the DA, he will have his favorites also. The Presidents of these Leagues vote for the DA. As I have said to many parents the past 2 weeks, the drama will only stop when All-Stars are done away with. Little league should be for every kid that wants to play. Travel teams are fine for those that want to make that commitment.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Riverrat Tiger wrote:It is what it is. I have been involved with Little League for over 20 years, and my Mom and Dad was a part of the Little League before that. These are all volunteers. I was upset this year at the moving the 11-12 girls up 1 week, most of our team had Reds tickets for Saturdays game. We asked to have the game moved up to 10:00 so that they could still go. The tournament director said ok, the umpires were ok and the other team was ok with it. But it was shot down by Donnie. (for the record, Central Region has nothing to do with the scheduling of our districts games) My daughter was one with a ticket along with myself. She made the commitment to be on the All-Star Team and she will be there at 8:00 on Sat. to play. As for the moving of the 11-12 boys, I don't really care, but anyone that is involved knows the score. As my Dad so graciously pointed out to me.....When Al Mann was the DA, Portsmouth got everything, when Judge Mullins was the DA, West got everything.....although he did say for some reason Judge Mullins loved Ironton also, LOL. When Glen Seagraves was the DA, South Point got everything....just compare how many state tournaments they got to everyone else. Now that Donnie is the DA, he will have his favorites also. The Presidents of these Leagues vote for the DA. As I have said to many parents the past 2 weeks, the drama will only stop when All-Stars are done away with. Little league should be for every kid that wants to play. Travel teams are fine for those that want to make that commitment.

Well said.

And to add a correction to my last post: I think that the board members (Tom, Jon, Odie Estep and Jim Mahlmeister) do a good job. I should have been clearer. I should have said some of the others making the decisions with Donnie that are not board members. I will leave it at that.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Easy on Judge Mullins there old buddy. :122249

slider00
Waterboy

Post by slider00 »

I'll give you 2 of those four ,Bleeding Red, that do a good job

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Can we get a schedule for all of the divisions including boys and girls? If your community is hosting a particular age group, you would already know the who's, when's and where's. The DA should have a copy of all of the tournaments that are being held in District 11. You know, someone just might want to go watch some of these games. Thanks!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The 7/8 girls tournament is underway in Symmes Valley.

The 7/8 boys tournament is underway at Lucasville Valley.

Thanks

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

a_c_m wrote:The 7/8 girls tournament is underway in Symmes Valley.

Thanks
Who is the favorite to win the boys ? I heard South Point was ??

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

This may affect many teams not to mentioned many children...I believe this should be looked further into what the reason was for rescheduling the boys 11/12s...there are now a number of kids who planned vacations after the dates were set...if it were to help out a team or two that had kids out of town for travel tournaments...which is the case...this shows some poor judgments by the administrative board and Mr. Rawlins. :?:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I do have all the brackets and would be willing to email them to anyone who is interested. Send me a pm with your email address and I will email you a copy of all the revised brackets. None are updated with results but they should have the dates and times before any games were played.

Hscoach32
Waterboy

Post by Hscoach32 »

ciosclone wrote:
a_c_m wrote:The 7/8 girls tournament is underway in Symmes Valley.

Thanks
Who is the favorite to win the boys ? I heard South Point was ??
I am not sure who the favorite is but the Rock Hill team is good. They mercy ruled south point.

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

a-c-m
So u think that kids who play travel ball should not be allowed to play LL?
That's assinine to say that! These kids play travel ball because they want to play more baseball than what LL plays in a season! What's wrong with that? Donnie don't like travel ball because he has no authority over it and he thinks that he is the be all end all in baseball around here! And as for other leagues forming a league other than LL, that is closer than u may think! Little League as a whole is ok even though some rule changes they do from time to time make little sense! Donnie takes all the fun out of the game and that is a shame! When he goes to field he makes sure everyone there knows he's in charge! Being humble is something he knows nothing about! I'm not sure about any certain league itself getting special treatment, but those presidents that kiss up to him & agree with all he does or says get the special treatment! Or maybe if it's a woman that winks & smiles at him!! He is so shallow! I don't remember a time recently that the 11-12 boys tnmnt was played before july 1st so i thought june 23 was strange anyway! But to quote Donnie"the leagues will do what i tell them to do or else i will have their charter"!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

KOOLKOACH wrote:a-c-m
So u think that kids who play travel ball should not be allowed to play LL?
That's assinine to say that! These kids play travel ball because they want to play more baseball than what LL plays in a season! What's wrong with that? Donnie don't like travel ball because he has no authority over it and he thinks that he is the be all end all in baseball around here! And as for other leagues forming a league other than LL, that is closer than u may think! Little League as a whole is ok even though some rule changes they do from time to time make little sense! Donnie takes all the fun out of the game and that is a shame! When he goes to field he makes sure everyone there knows he's in charge! Being humble is something he knows nothing about! I'm not sure about any certain league itself getting special treatment, but those presidents that kiss up to him & agree with all he does or says get the special treatment! Or maybe if it's a woman that winks & smiles at him!! He is so shallow! I don't remember a time recently that the 11-12 boys tnmnt was played before july 1st so i thought june 23 was strange anyway! But to quote Donnie"the leagues will do what i tell them to do or else i will have their charter"!!
I think that kids who play travel ball should not be allowed to show up just any game they please and play LL and take a position away from another child that doesn't have those same skills that maybe a travel ball kid would have. That LL kid deserves a chance to play as well. There are occasions where travel ball and LL conflict and where do you think that the kid is going to play. The parents pay their $$ for their child to play and that is what they expect in LL. To say that I am assinine because I have a different opinion is very small minded of yourself. With an attitude like you have you could not possibly be a KOOLKOACH! I could care less what the DA does or does not do! If you have so many problems with him or any of the board, jump in their and assume some of the responsiblility. If you want to start a new league in the area, be it Babe Ruth, AABC or whatever, go ahead and do so. It is your lead.......................! Again, I do not appreciate your comments, when all I was doing is stating my opinion.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”