13 year old looking for baseball team

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
bookem13
JV Team

13 year old looking for baseball team

Post by bookem13 »

My son plays in Waverly, and while their A-ball program is fairly organized, the pony league system is a joke. My little cousins played last year, and I think they might have played 5 games. I know most 13U teams have already had tryouts, but does anybody know of any openings? I know I'm his Dad, but he's a pretty nice player...BIG kid that moves well, hit 6 out last year...led his all-star team in batting average...plays first. He turns 13 May 2nd if that matters.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Re: 13 year old looking for baseball team

Post by defenserules »

Since your son doesn't turn 13 until after May 1st - he can play U12 in most 'travel' leagues, including coybl and nations. So you may want to check into Chilly teams or does the 'First Capital' team out of zane trace still exist?

good luck finding a team this late....though most teams have kids that quit/parents don't pay/or they get hurt -- just keep looking.

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

Send me a message if you are still looking. I know of a team that may still have a spot, but it is a very competitive team with an extensive schedule.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

I'm an idiot...5/2 is my daughter's. My son was born 4/2/99...he said he wishes he could trade birthdates with his sister.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

lancerpride,

Where is the team from...where do they practice? Thanks.

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

The team practices at Federal Hocking High School. We are planning a minimum of 6-8 tournaments in Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Wheeling as well as some local ones around Parkersburg. If you think you may be interested, please send me an email and I can discuss details with you as we are planning on finalizing our roster very soon. Practice is usually 1 to 2 days per week, but they are typically 3-4 hour practices.

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

As for the quality of the team, the team was the West Virginia USSSA Junior HIgh Champions last year, and finished in the top five in the state of Ohio. Both Nations and USSSA tournament play.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”