Freshman Team

Top 10 8th grade boys programs.

Post by Jayhawks »

HOW WOULD YOU RANK THEM?

followthru
Waterboy

Re: Top 10 8th grade boys programs.

Post by followthru »

From the teams i have seen i would rank them as follows.
1 lynchburg clay
2 lucasville valley
3 portsmouth
4 peebles
5 eastern pike
6 north adams
7 eastern brown
8 fayeteville
I have not seen minford and zane trace play but have heard they have good ballclubs.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

valley 8th grade crushed both peebles and north Adams in the preseason scrimmages... Don't know a thing about lynchburg clay .... But Minford can play and so can Portsmouth

EasternDscout
Riding the Bench

Post by EasternDscout »

Fort Frye's 8th graders definitely need to be mentioned in this list. They are quick and play well as a team.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Belpre 7th Grade is 5-0 8th Grade is 3-2

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

trimble is 8-0 and has beat every team except 1 by double digits. the 8th grades next game is agaist eastern,who weve already beat by 40

Dukepride
Waterboy

Post by Dukepride »

VC and Alex deserves to be mentioned

Longfellow Deeds
Riding the Bench

Post by Longfellow Deeds »

Vinton County 8th grade has to be considered in the top 10. They are 6-0 and have won every game by double digits. They've handled a good Athens and Unioto team.

LancerPride
Waterboy

Post by LancerPride »

Federal Hocking 7th grade team is 6-1, while the 8th grade team is 5-2, however, both of the 8th grade losses were by 2 points and in both games they were missing a key player who was out with an injury-he is now back and I do not anticipate they will lose another game. Not sure of all the stats, but I know that the 7th grade team has 2 players who are averaging 21 points per game or better.

Longfellow Deeds
Riding the Bench

Post by Longfellow Deeds »

Vinton County 7th and 8th grade both remain perfect with victories at Nelsonville. VC 8th grader Shawn Caudill dunks during game!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

we will see monday evening

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Longfellow Deeds wrote:Vinton County 7th and 8th grade both remain perfect with victories at Nelsonville. VC 8th grader Shawn Caudill dunks during game!!!
wow someone needs to get video of him .... that would be nice to see on here ....that takes some athletic ability to do that at this age

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

Longfellow Deeds wrote:Vinton County 7th and 8th grade both remain perfect with victories at Nelsonville. VC 8th grader Shawn Caudill dunks during game!!!
I heard that it is illegal to dunk in junior high games. Is this true or did they count the basket.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^

It is not illegal to dunk in Middle School. Unless it is a league rule or something. Chillicothe had a kid with 4-5 dunks last year.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Sorry to say that I have only seen couple of Junior High games this year. But I was shocked to see size difference in the teams. Some of these kids look like they should be freshman and sophmores not 7th and 8th graders. Talked to some of the parents and found out that they hold them back for sports reasons. Then read on here that some kids are dunking the ball in Junior High, I'm sure that there is a kid or two at that age that can but I still would question his age. It's sad if we are holding kids back so parents and schools can brag about beating younger kids. I would like to see OHSAA step in and stop schools from doing this. What happens when all the schools start doing this, are we then going to hold them back for two years.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

heard this same story in football too..

KeyMasterofDozier
Waterboy

Post by KeyMasterofDozier »

Tower wrote:Sorry to say that I have only seen couple of Junior High games this year. But I was shocked to see size difference in the teams. Some of these kids look like they should be freshman and sophmores not 7th and 8th graders. Talked to some of the parents and found out that they hold them back for sports reasons. Then read on here that some kids are dunking the ball in Junior High, I'm sure that there is a kid or two at that age that can but I still would question his age. It's sad if we are holding kids back so parents and schools can brag about beating younger kids. I would like to see OHSAA step in and stop schools from doing this. What happens when all the schools start doing this, are we then going to hold them back for two years.

you only having seen 2 games this yr might be skewing your take on this and you might have talked with a parent that just said that because they were getting beat. Boys and girls today are just bigger, and this is the age when they grow ...if you work hard and are talented then no matter what age or height the kid is they will beat you ...so give some credit to the players working hard because if i could have dunked at anytime in my playing days I would have done so with reckless abandon. Holding back for sports is out there but I'm dont think its as prevelant as it was say 4 to 5 yrs ago and hopefully it is more for maturity reasons down the road in high school. And the ohsaa has better things to worry about than kids getting held back in jr high cause high school levels things out eventually

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

Gallia 8th grade has a large class. They are 13 and most just turned 14 at the end of last year. We are asked at every game if our kids were held back. No, just a big, good group of boys that some have matured already.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

there is atleast 2 that have been held back on gallipolis team. one was in kindergarten and one in junior high :mrgreen:

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

That may be the case, but there age is what matters (Its not like we have 15 or 16 yr olds on the 8th grade team). Most kids dont start until there 6. Sometimes parents go ahead and start them at 5 to then later realize they should have waited.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”