Select Soccer

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Bearcat football
Waterboy

Select Soccer

Post by Bearcat football »

Do any u12 or u11 select soccer teams exist in southeast ohio. I know that there are many strong soccer teams in the Minford/Portsmouth area but I would like information about competetive youth soccer.

Thanks in advance.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Re: Select Soccer

Post by jeepmadness »

Not at this point, which is a shame. Everyone that I know of who plays outside of the local scioto soccer league travel to chilly, Kentucky, or Huntington. Select teams and clubs already established. I don't think anyone wants to or can put in the time to start a local club. The items that have to exist when starting a club don't at this point. Trained coaches and officials for beginners. A couple of the youth soccer organizations require classes for the coaches and officials. Maybe a way around it, I don't know. The real hurt is on the girls soccer. Several girls won't get a chance to continue playing because they don't want to play with the boys anymore. Portsmouth west had a chance for a girls team and was denied by the board. 20+ girls went out for the hs team.

Bearcat football
Waterboy

Re: Select Soccer

Post by Bearcat football »

I would like to either join a U11 team or put together a team and maybe compete in the (columbus) mossl league. I am not sure about all the hoops, but I do know that any team must be sponsored by a rec organization. I wonder if there is any interest?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”