Really Fairland????

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Really Fairland????

Post by Raiderfan69 »

Why must you wait until the last minute to cancel every year :(. These boys get all excited for there first game to only be disappointed by you! No talent down there to compete with us????

wemufans
All Conference

Re: Really Fairland????

Post by wemufans »

They cancelled a league game with River Valley? why???

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

No they canceled all Gallia junior high games for tonight. Home and away. This is the second year they have done it. Just dont agree to be on our schedule if you dont plan on playing us.

12pack
Riding the Bench

Post by 12pack »

Doesn't jr. high fall under OHSAA guidelines? That happened to our high school 2 years in a row and OHSAA was contacted.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Was this the boys or girls? because the boys had Hunt. St. Joe on their schedule on their school website

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

It was both. Boys would have been an away game, girls would have been home.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

That is odd...... sounds like scheduling mishap if they had St. Joe on the boys schedule. I looked back and the girls schedule was from last year....... sounds like I wouldn't bother next year.

FairlandAD
Waterboy

Post by FairlandAD »

Gallia fans I have talked with the AD at Fairland this morning. Fairland and Gallia could not agree on a second date for the game to be played. Fairland already had a game scheduled on Dec 19th for the 2011-2012 season. Our AD asked for a different date and the date was not granted. So in Oct. we informed Gallia that we would not be playing them during the 2011-2012 season. As for the 2010-2011 season Fairland traveled to Gallia on Dec. 21st to play. Fairland's 8th grade won and the 7th grade lost. We were unable to play them again late in the year because we had three conference games to make up becasue of snow. According to the OVC bylaws a team must cancel or reschedule a non-conference game in order to make up a conference game. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

What about the Dec.5 game? Why was this not played Coach Gorby?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The General wrote:What about the Dec.5 game? Why was this not played Coach Gorby?
......Because they played Hunt. St. Joe lol

He stated above because they couldn't agree on the second date for a game that they wouldn't be playing this season. Sounds like they wanted a home an away with the same team.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I dont care who they played. I heard differently about this situation.Who was communicated this info at GAHS in October that these 2 games would not be played?

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

I dont want to call anyone a liar, but this information was not communicated to GAHS AD back in October. But thats ok South Point has some talent and we will be ready for them tomorrow.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”