Question about Youth Football in Southern Ohio

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Championship07
Riding the Bench

Question about Youth Football in Southern Ohio

Post by Championship07 »

I haven't personally followed youth football for a few years now but was just looking at the tri state youth football league that's ran out of Huntington,WV with turf bowl at Marshall. It seems to me that the league there has expanded so much that travel times would deter kids from playing. Would it be smarter and more economic for leagues such as South Point, Chesapeake and Fairland to switch leagues and join with the league ran from the Ironton area? Rather than traveling to places like Gallipolis, Hurricane, Tornado(Nitro, WV area), Louisa(Lawrence County, Ky). I would think you could get more kids out if you travelled to Ironton, Coal Grove, Symmes Valley, Rock Hill instead. Just an outsiders opinion. Wanted to hear some thoughts from other locals

Mackerking
Waterboy

Re: Question about Youth Football in Southern Ohio

Post by Mackerking »

I know personally that Peake, South Point, and Fairland have been invited numerous times to join the Teen OVC with Ironton Orange, Ironton Black, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Symmes Valley, and now South Gallia. Those 3 teams even requested a meeting with the Teen OVC board earlier this year to discuss rules and fees but only South Point showed up. All 3 eventually voted to stay in the TSYFL. Also Greenup, Raceland, Fairview, Ashland, and Russell were invited but voted against it. Boyd County left the league last year to play each other and pick up a few non league games along the way and from what I understand they are wanting to come back. I agree the travel expenses would be much less burdensome if these local teams would join the Teen OVC but none seem interested.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”