Ironton City Schools Closed

General Chat
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Ironton City Schools Closed

Post by The Instructor »

Ironton City Schools is closed until Monday due to the flu.

WSAZ just announced it.

We are supposed to get snow Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so it could be an extended time off.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton City Schools Closed

Post by The Instructor »

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/40241747.html

IRONTON, Ohio (WSAZ) -- Here's the note that's been sent home with thousands of students in the Ironton School District.

"DUE TO THE ILLNESS IN THE IRONTON CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT, THE ADMINISTRATION HAD DECIDED TO CLOSE ALL OF OUR SCHOOLS FOR THE NEXT THREE DAYS. WE WILL RESUME ON MONDAY, MARCH 2ND."

Ironton School officials first noticed a big absentee rate on Friday. Since then, it's gotten progressively worse. The hope now, to nip the problem in the bud. The school system is keeping children home for three days.

Annette Scott, school nurse, says "it gives the custodial staff time to continue cleaning the desks, the doorknobs, lockers, and other parts of the building" in an effort to stop the spread.

Ironton's Health Department Nurse, Alicia Fannin, confirms there have been documented cases of both Influenza A and B. She's urging residents to remember, it's still not too late to get a flu shot, which is still available. Fannin says, "For that many kids to get that sick, that fast, it's a little surprising, that it happened that fast. I think, people are sometimes sending their kids to school when they're not feeling well "

According to Annette Scott, a whopping 35% of the students district-wide missed school on Friday.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

My son stayed home Thursday because he didn't feel well, went back to school on Friday and needless to say was a lot worse Friday evening.
He has been very sick for days. Today is the first day he has not run a fever. I hope all the kids get to feeling better soon.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The Instructor wrote:Ironton City Schools is closed until Monday due to the flu.

WSAZ just announced it.

We are supposed to get snow Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so it could be an extended time off.

Oh man! talk about Nero and Rome Burning! I can see The Instructor..fiddle in hand ;-)

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

I have been blessed so far. I can't be sick, the cheerleaders are leaving Friday for competition. So far, 5 of my girls have been or still are sick. I am praying they get better before Friday.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

hope your girls get better for their cheerleading competition itownpaw!
sickness everywhere! my daughter went to the doc yesterday and they said its viral its gotta run its course :roll: heard the schools here are full of sickness

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

thank you very much. So far all 5 of mine that were sick, were much better today. I did have two today that had a sore throat, but no fever. We are leaving tomorrow at noon. Pray no one else gets sick........
I heard it wasn't just Ironton that is getting hit hard with it. The other schools are as well.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

my son got so sick, I had tro take him to the ER, he just kept on Vomiting, ,,they said yesterday, they had over 200 people through already,,we went out a little after noon.

they also said it was the same way the day before.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

by the way,,,good luck.

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

I hope your son gets better and thank you.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

itownpaw wrote:thank you very much. So far all 5 of mine that were sick, were much better today. I did have two today that had a sore throat, but no fever. We are leaving tomorrow at noon. Pray no one else gets sick........
I heard it wasn't just Ironton that is getting hit hard with it. The other schools are as well.

It hasn't hit South Point very hard yet. I hope it stays down river! I am sure it will be here soon enough though with kids playing in allstar tourneys with schools from around the tristate.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Congrats to itownpaw and the middle school cheerleaders on placing 2nd today in their competition today in Columbus. Good job girls and good luck tomorrow at your competition in Huntington.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Rhiannon wrote:Congrats to itownpaw and the middle school cheerleaders on placing 2nd today in their competition today in Columbus. Good job girls and good luck tomorrow at your competition in Huntington.

Hope you guys get well...

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

Thank you so much. One of my chaperones from this weekend called today and she now has the flu. But we are on the mend I do believe. The cheerleaders got 1st place in Huntington today. They sure didn't act sick today. :razz:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

itownpaw wrote: The cheerleaders got 1st place in Huntington today. They sure didn't act sick today. :razz:

ImageImageImageImage

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

thanks everyone. As of today, everyone is healthy for this weekend. I started running a small temp last night, but took meds. I refuse to get sick. :122245

Return to “The Off season”