Sarah Palin says David Letterman owes an apology

General Chat

should Dave apologize???

Total votes: 0

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Sarah Palin says David Letterman owes an apology

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

for his joke about her daughter. Do you agree?

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Sarah Palin says David Letterman owes an apology

Post by The Instructor »

No

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

he admitted the joke was in bad taste because it was willow, but I don't think joking about a 14 year old and sex is very appropriate.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

I dont care if he apologizes or not. Damage done. Dave knew what he was sayin before he said it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NO

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I said no because she put her family in the spot light by being a politician

now to finish this I kept getting spyware from here and didn't get back until I cleaned up the crap..

he shouldn't have ever said that... it appears she isn't going to accept an apology so that is the reason I also said no because she won't accept it.. sorry if I offended anyone with the response .... :122247
Last edited by orange-n-brown 365 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

I say yes because we were told we could say whatever about Obama but not his family and I think she deserves the same respect. Say what you want about Sarah but leave her kids out of it.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

Letterman needs to be fired. His comments were way over the top. How can any person find humor in a 14-year old girl getting knocked up by a man in his thirties?

Letterman's excuse that he was talking about the older Palin kid does not wash as it was the younger Palin that attended the game with her mother.

I am also surprised that A-Rod has not considered legal action.

Bring back Leno!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I have written CBS and let my thoughts be known on this. I don't think there's one funny thing about pedophilia and child rape. It kinda reminds me of when the angels traveled into Sodom and the response of the men in the city was that they wanted them to be brought out on the street so they could rape them too. Same mindset, same black heart!

Also, it would be a cold day I guess that CBS would allow any jokes to be said about their god and savior...Obama

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

kantucky:

Kudos to you for the letter to the network.

I was in Myrtle Beach when this incident went down. Now that I am home, I think I will follow your path and draft a letter to the network as well.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I don't care who you are, your children should never be the brunt of any kind of joke.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:I said no because she put her family in the spot light by being a politician

Interesting point- now Im off to snort some coke with Ashley.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Yes he should apologize. There is not any doubt about that. He was in the wrong with ALL of the comments he made. Not only the one about Palin's daughter.

Its no wonder his ratings suck as much as they do compared to other late night talk shows. They all are bad, but Letterman's show has been the worst for a very long time.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Runner wrote:Yes he should apologize. There is not any doubt about that. He was in the wrong with ALL of the comments he made. Not only the one about Palin's daughter.

Its no wonder his ratings suck as much as they do compared to other late night talk shows. They all are bad, but Letterman's show has been the worst for a very long time.

very good post...........

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

No, he should not apologize. If you don't like what a comedian says, don't listen to him.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

He should be fired....period.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

I wonder if he could take it if the shoe were on the other foot and they were talking about his daughter. He is in the spotlight, so he and his family are fair game too? I don't agree with that. Leave the kids out of it, blast the adults all you want, but, stay off the kids.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

But the line should be drawn somewhere with the adults as well. He crossed the line by comparing Sarah Palin to a s l u t...

Letterman referred to Palin, Alaska's governor, as having the style of a "slutty flight attendant."

That quote is his exact words and should never have been made. She would have all the right in the world to sue him over the comments he made about her and her and her daughter and he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Being a commedian has nothing to do with anything on personal attacks like that, and he would not be the first one to be sued over something that was said.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

You may not like what he said but this is America and he is protected by our first amendment right of free speech.

I don't like a lot of what people say but I am also tired of some people being able to say whatever they want and they don't have to apologize for it.

So, if others don't have to apologize for their remarks, why should Letterman?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

If David Letterman wants to bash Sarah Palin, fine, she's a public figure by virtue of being an elected official. Plus it's protected speech as Instructor said.
Her family, President Obama's family, VP Biden's family, former President Bush's family, any public figure's family is off limits, in my book.
And, yes, this is a journalist posting.

Return to “The Off season”