Athens County man sentenced to 28 years to life

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Athens County man sentenced to 28 years to life

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

ATHENS, Ohio -- A 27-year-old Athens County man was sentenced to 28 years to life in prison this morning, after a jury convicted him yesterday of murder and aggravated robbery for his role in a fatal drug-related shootout Feb. 15.

Phillip Dionte Boler, of rural New Marshfield, has been described by prosecutors as the "boss" behind an armed attempt to collect on a $13,000 illegal drug debt from another New Marshfield man, Billy J. Osborne.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/lo ... t=&sid=101

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Re: Athens County man sentenced to 28 years to life

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Great job Athens County.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Drugs are so bad down here. I hope they can clean this county up!

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Drugs are so bad down here. I hope they can clean this county up!

New Marshfield, Trimble township, the plains, and nelsonville are being hit so hard right now, it's ridiculous. Search warrants every week, patrol doing drug interdiction, and our canine Esko are really becoming a strong fight against these dealers.

It's a blitzkrieg!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

whodeyAtown21 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Drugs are so bad down here. I hope they can clean this county up!

New Marshfield, Trimble township, the plains, and nelsonville are being hit so hard right now, it's ridiculous. Search warrants every week, patrol doing drug interdiction, and our canine Esko are really becoming a strong fight against these dealers.

It's a blitzkrieg!

We let this get out of hand now its going to be tough to clean up.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

very tough

but it's a three fold attack

education, enforcement and treatment.

educate them before they're addicted, including extending eduation to high school.
enforcement when they break the law.
and help the ones that need a hand to get off the drug.

also, if you know anything, you can call the sheriff's office and talk to a deputy. It's very confidential! :-D

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I hate to bust your bubbles but they will NEVER get the drugs cleaned up in this area, As soon as they bust one of these guy 2 more move into the area.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Enforcer wrote:I hate to bust your bubbles but they will NEVER get the drugs cleaned up in this area, As soon as they bust one of these guy 2 more move into the area.

It will be tough but if every one puts there nose to the grindstone we can get this problem cleaned up. It will take a long time though.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

never said it would be completely gone, but we, as law enforcement, need to try to stop it. especially the drugs like heroin that cause the deaths in many people.

HIV/AIDS is terrible, but do we need to give up on that?

I know it's going to be a tough fight, but we can at least not make it so easy.

Never going to stop speeders, but enforcement is necessary.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

go Pat go is all I can say!!!!!!!!! Black tar heroin is bad here in the area... coke is bad also... is the Mexican mafia bringing it all in??

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

there's MS-13 near the county. Also, the Hard Times gang has been here.

But really, it's just an open market. Get it cheap in columbus and jack up the price down here.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Those who are not doing this need to keep reporting those who are until something gets done.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

whats it like up there with you ncf?

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Whodey, I never said We should give up , Its just going to be hard to get other people in the area to get involved because most of them either A: Have some they know dealing the Drugs or B: Someone they know using the drugs. In Trimble Twp. They need to get rid of the police force first before they can clean up the ara because the local p.d. just turns a blind eye to the problem..

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

whodeyAtown21 wrote:whats it like up there with you ncf?

Not that I do anything at all it is very easy to get especially if you know anyone at most of the high schools in the county.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:

Not that I do anything at all it is very easy to get especially if you know anyone at most of the high schools in the county.

I don't know Sheriff Thorp, but I could imagine there's a huge problem being between franklin and muskingum

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

The Enforcer wrote:Whodey, I never said We should give up , Its just going to be hard to get other people in the area to get involved because most of them either A: Have some they know dealing the Drugs or B: Someone they know using the drugs. In Trimble Twp. They need to get rid of the police force first before they can clean up the ara because the local p.d. just turns a blind eye to the problem..

Didn't mean to give you the wrong impression from my post, wasn't meant to be negative.

Well, maybe with A they'll turn in their family's rival dealer! haha
and with B...well, there is help available. I know it's bad to get addicted to another drug to get off one, but the Suboxone and Methadone options are available.

ACSO works in concert with the law enforcement in Trimble Township. But really, the deputies do their own thing. Maybe just having GPD do a stop or something, but I don't see Glouster much more involved. What other LE is in Trimble? I know Jacksonville PD, but they lost their chief to..well...us lol

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Other than the Jville and Gtown locals thats it in Tri-City area. And they dont do much but visit Dairy Queen. Ive seen first hand what the drugs in this area has done to a few of my family members , Im sick of it , I want to know where I can get some info on what I can do to help!

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

well, I know Trimble has "bridge builders", plus community watch meetings.

Depending on age, there's "seniors and law enforcement together(SALT)"

but really, when there are LE that don't live in the law enforcement, the best way to know the bad people are, well, YOU! Unless someone is doing the drugs, the residents are most likely sickened by these drug dealers and want to see them gone!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

whodeyAtown21 wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:

I don't know Sheriff Thorp, but I could imagine there's a huge problem being between franklin and muskingum

Franklin County is horrible a lot of the people I know from working in Columbus would go to Pickerington to get a lot of thier stuff. Back then the old high school was the place to be and this info came to me when I later starting working in Pickerington and those involved was working where I was. :122246

Return to “The Off season”