The square has been repaved!!!!!

General Chat
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The square has been repaved!!!!!

Post by Orange and Brown »

They repaved the square in Nelsonville now when in the world are they gonna either get rid of the brick streets or repair them the right way? I know it takes money but dag on it our streets are in horrible shape!!

qualified101
SEO

Re: The square has been repaved!!!!!

Post by qualified101 »

they probably have people that beech and moan about covering up the brick because its history. i love history but sometimes progress needs to happen. we have it here in logan on a couple of streets. they leave the brick alone to keep whats left of the older community happy.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

qualified101 wrote:they probably have people that beech and moan about covering up the brick because its history. i love history but sometimes progress needs to happen. we have it here in logan on a couple of streets. they leave the brick alone to keep whats left of the older community happy.

Our streets are part brick and part hot patch. If they dig up the bricks to do water or sewer work they just poor a little concrete over it. It looks horrible.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i used to work for schwans and had the 2 day route in nelsonville...i hated driving on the streets in town

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

when my hubby was on council he suggested they take the beloved bricks and place them on the square and oh no they couldn't do that... it takes away the history :roll: :roll: yeah my struts tie rod ends etc are history.... :122246

let the septa and Hocking Correctional prisoners fix them properly if they want to keep that d@mn things!!!!!!!

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:it takes away the history :roll: :roll:yeah my struts tie rod ends etc are history.... :122246

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just saw the new square for the first time, today. If they continue it on, it will look really nice. Maybe get some road markings there because there are some that just aren't bright enough to deal with entering the square.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:when my hubby was on council he suggested they take the beloved bricks and place them on the square and oh no they couldn't do that... it takes away the history :roll: :roll: yeah my struts tie rod ends etc are history.... :122246

let the septa and Hocking Correctional prisoners fix them properly if they want to keep that d@mn things!!!!!!!

Amen sister!!!!!!

Preach on!!!!!!

Now they just tell us that it will cost to much money to fix. It's going to cost them an election thats what it's going to cost them.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

whodeyAtown21 wrote:
orange-n-brown 365 wrote:it takes away the history :roll: :roll:yeah my struts tie rod ends etc are history.... :122246

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just saw the new square for the first time, today. If they continue it on, it will look really nice. Maybe get some road markings there because there are some that just aren't bright enough to deal with entering the square.

marked or unmarked there are some that still doesn't know which way to go :lol:
one councilman said a while back do not go around potholes if you do its left to center and its against the law.. I thought big boy who is going to repair my car when I hit a crater??? I'll take my chances... anyone been on trashpile lately??? my advise is don't.. especially if you are heading towards Buchtel its sad... it was so nice a few years ago.... :122247

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Trash pile is awful!!!! I used to drive it every day to. Thats what happens when they don't do the job right. The other day about a week ago I think, they were out patching the streets and I watched them patch a hole and leave one right next to it!!!!! They still haven't fixed it yet either. :mad:

Our streets have become a big joke. People don't want to come to our town because they don't want to get there shocks, struts and tires replaced before they leave.
But hey at least we are getting our bike path extended :mad:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

it was supposed to have been done properly back when it was re-done but then they let school bus' back on and ODOT is suppose to fix it from the log trucks that traveled it back when they cut timber on the wayne.. of course I have nothing against the log trucks ;-) or bus' but that end of trashpile cannot handle it.... my end isn't bad if you've noticed :122245 and yes I've seen several holes unpatched :roll: and then pleasantview has been patched again... and until they stop all the drainage from the homes there onto the road it will continue to fall apart...they need to fix things right not slap a band aid on it...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:it was supposed to have been done properly back when it was re-done but then they let school bus' back on and ODOT is suppose to fix it from the log trucks that traveled it back when they cut timber on the wayne.. of course I have nothing against the log trucks ;-) or bus' but that end of trashpile cannot handle it.... my end isn't bad if you've noticed :122245 and yes I've seen several holes unpatched :roll: and then pleasantview has been patched again... and until they stop all the drainage from the homes there onto the road it will continue to fall apart...they need to fix things right not slap a band aid on it...

Slapping a band aid on it! Thats the problem right there. They never want to do it right. They just want to put some hot patch over it and forget about it. The square will look like crap in about 3to 5 years because they just paved over the old pavement.

Return to “The Off season”