Canadian woman loses benefits over Facebook photo

General Chat
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Canadian woman loses benefits over Facebook photo

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Yet another reason why I don't do Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I love Facebook.

I have reconnected with many of my high school friends.

If someone is dumb enough to put pictures on there or the internet in general that puts themselves in compromising situations, then they deserve what they get.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I have never had facebook,or any of that stuf,,but gues I am going to have to get one ,so I can kep in touch with my daughter in Japan.

we used to talk on ya hoo all the time,but since she started the facebook,and twitter,,I never get to talk to her :122247

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

A lot of college kids are going to be surprised when they apply for jobs and find out that their facebook, twitter, youtube...etc,etc, information can be pulled from internet arhives and reviewed before they are hired. It's not to say that we all didn't do things that we aren't proud of now back in the day. We just didn't film it and post it on the internet.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

my2cents wrote:A lot of college kids are going to be surprised when they apply for jobs and find out that their facebook, twitter, youtube...etc,etc, information can be pulled from internet arhives and reviewed before they are hired. It's not to say that we all didn't do things that we aren't proud of now back in the day. We just didn't film it and post it on the internet.

True, but we were also a little too afraid to carry things too far because we were taught that there were repercussions to our actions. A perfect example is the fact that when I was a kid, you could go to the library and find several books on how to make chemical explosives. Did we do it? NO! We understood that there would be repercussions. Yet the laws (nowdays) have told many would-be wrong-doers that there is little to fear from parents or the law. Also, I can get fired from a job and that previous employer cannot tell another potential employer if I was a bad employee.....and we wonder what has happened to pride and hard work in this nation.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

The woman was on long term leave for depression, and she posted photos where she was clearly enjoying the heck out of life, not once but many times...more power to the company, I hope they nail her. And you shouldn't have to worry about your photos or any posts you make about your lifestyle unless they exhibit something or represent something that you are saying that you are unable to do...like you can't stand too long, get around, etc. but yet your photos show you in photos having no problem... for example...sitting at the top of the bleachers at ballgames...you had to get there somehow..but you can't work?....desk jobs are a lot easier than climbing bleachers. Or doing side jobs that you discuss online, jobs you take cash to do, but you're on disability of some kind.....I'd like to see the noose on disability and welfare benefits tightened considerably...and for those of you that feel you receive benefits, deserve them, and have every right to do so, more power to you...but there are many that I know of that don't....they seem to be able to belly up to the buffet bar a lot easier than those of us that suck it up and go to work everyday. Have a nice day;-)

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I don't know what laws you are referring to space, but if you use your old job as a reference, yes you can tell the new prospective employer why they were a bad employee...I give honest references when I get called for kids and their jobs or for college...............I had a kid say he didn't get the job based on my reference.I asked him if I lied and he said no........... :lol: ....... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I know a guy who's a manic depressive. When he's in the up stage, you'd think he's the coolest guy you ever met..he thinks he can do anything. He goes on 20 hours sleep a day for weeks on end...gets himself into all types of scraps..including spending money he doesn't have. He has grandiose thoughts and it's like he's high...

A few weeks later..he can't get out of bed for weeks at a time..he's pathetic..a very sick person. His life is one of misery we can't even imagine.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

HuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuHHHHH????????? :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:I have never had facebook,or any of that stuf,,but gues I am going to have to get one ,so I can kep in touch with my daughter in Japan.

we used to talk on ya hoo all the time,but since she started the facebook,and twitter,,I never get to talk to her :122247

She isn't coming home? :twisted: :twisted: San Diego??? Dang NAVY!! :twisted: :twisted:

yeah San Diego...

they dont even get to come home for Christmas now..."because the Navy Cant aford it"

not real sure when they will go to California

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

its really bullcrap if you ask me....they have ben told 3 different times they was coming home for good..now they wont even be comimg home for the hollidays....

but they are doing great,so it will work out in the long run....

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

abuck76 wrote:I don't know what laws you are referring to space, but if you use your old job as a reference, yes you can tell the new prospective employer why they were a bad employee...I give honest references when I get called for kids and their jobs or for college...............I had a kid say he didn't get the job based on my reference.I asked him if I lied and he said no........... :lol: ....... :12224

You may be correct, Im just going by what a couple of human resource department personnel have told me over the past couple of years. Assuming that they told me the truth, the difference could be that you are a teacher and not an employer.

Return to “The Off season”