Another reason for Irontonians to cross the bridge?

General Chat
henrysteele
JV Team

Another reason for Irontonians to cross the bridge?

Post by henrysteele »

http://dailyindependent.com/local/x1703 ... rrel/print

Cracker Barrel would be a huge catch. With 33,000 cars going by the proposed site each day, I think it has a real shot of taking place.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Another reason for Irontonians to cross the bridge?

Post by kantuckyII »

I wouldn't give you 50 cents for every Red Lobster in America. I bet Golden Corral isn't too happy with that coming into there..then again, it's going to HUGELY increase Russell. I know of several other things that might be coming in that are top secret too ;-) in the same area..

........ on the flip side? it will now take me 1 hour to drive from my house in Flatwoods to Ashland on US 23, talk about a Bottle Neck!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Just one more reason to knock both the Russell bridge and the Ashland bridge down.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

kantuckyII wrote:I wouldn't give you 50 cents for every Red Lobster in America.

I would. Their food is crap, but that wouldn't be a bad return on my fifty cent investment.

Just sayin'.

Cracker Barrel is nothing but grease and flour, so . . . I won't be making a special trip.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

This morning’s Ashland paper said that IHOP is looking at the former Movie Gallery space in the strip mall by Hobby Lobby. Nothing definite yet, but it is in the works and they were very positive about it…….

Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, and IHOP within a half-mile of each other........very interestiing.........(and I dont care for any of the 3)

Maybe Hooter's could move into the old Skyline Chili building.......that would be the only reason I cross the bridge to eat other than downtown Ashland......

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hmmmmmmmmmm and...it's all dry terrority as well (for now anyway) but who would have thunk (sic) it could have happened without it? oh, don't forget The Golden Corral too Turk in that space

So? you don't care for any of them huh Turk?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm and...it's all dry terrority as well (for now anyway) but who would have thunk (sic) it could have happened without it? oh, don't forget The Golden Corral too Turk in that space

So? you don't care for any of them huh Turk?

you are absolutely correct.......I dont care for any of them......

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

Ya gotta remember................TTT don't like to eat on an empty stomach.

Golden Corral food does not stand out, but the service there is tops. From the cashier to the servers.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I like their rotisserie chicken though. I'm not crazy about eating there though. It never fails I wind up getting 3 different kinds of desserts so why do it?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ehhhh, still not "the ribber" :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I can only do The Ribber ever so often as well. I'm just not crazy about eating out period anymore. I know, you're going to say..but...I had not done so much for months until this week. I'm trying to stretch my tummy out real good to afford that big huge meal you're goin' to buy me when Ironton SMASHES them Trojans this year!

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

dowwggie: I have a crow to pick with the Ribber. We were there last night and they didn't have the only thing I eat there, chicken! I'm not big on the steak and ribs, but, I love the chicken. How do you run out of that, especially on a weeknight? ARGH! All the cave men in the family were happy though.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I did not know they even served chicken, for years I thought they only had steak and ribs,LOL...untill gahs4ever came down last year and ask for a "fish sandwich" :122246 .

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Why? in heaven's name would they feel the need to serve chicken? you can get either a bunch of ribs or..get what BOO always gets...a half side of beef...

Boo takes about 25 lbs of scraps out of there when he leaves too. Never seen anything like it!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

IronTigerMum wrote:dowwggie: I have a crow to pick with the Ribber. We were there last night and they didn't have the only thing I eat there, chicken! I'm not big on the steak and ribs, but, I love the chicken. How do you run out of that, especially on a weeknight? ARGH! All the cave men in the family were happy though.

Chicken at the Ribber.......HUH?..........

Mum, next time the cave men head north to the Ribber, have them drop you off at my trailer and Mrs TTT will fry you some
yard-walker and I'll even bake you a pie........you cant beat a deal like that............

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

TTT: That would suit me fine, cept I don't like fried...can she grill? :122245

Kantuck: I'm so thankful they serve chicken so I can go eat with that bunchocavemen! Really, their smoked chickens are sooo tender and tasty, I love 'em.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'll have to try that, some have said I'm a girly man after all Mum.

Watch Turk Mum, you'll be getting pigeon and paying prime rib cost at Turks!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:
Boo takes about 225 lbs of crap out of there when he leaves too. Never seen anything like it!

I thought you left before me...... :roll:

Return to “The Off season”