New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

General Chat
BigCarlito72
JV Team

New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Keep hearing everywhere about this being in the works and the negotiation stages, is this going to be a reality and if so how close is it from actually occuring? Also if it does I guess certain people on here are gonna have to go back to the drawing board when saying we "ran from Logan" huh?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Not trying to stir the pot here but, if Ironton and Logan continue to play what was the reason for Ironton to leave the league? I know it was because of travel cost, but if they are playing the whole SEOAL other then Warren( as Marietta is leaving ) how are you saving here?
I guess the cost of the other sports has to be factored in. I don’t know what the Tigers other sports schedule looks like. I do assume they are able to find opponents close to Ironton, so this would be where the saving comes in. Ironton fans please let me know.
If it is the case that other Tiger sports teams can find local competition, so there is no need for them to travel in the SEOAL, I wonder if the Tigers could be in the SEOAL in football only. I doubt it would happen as there seems to be a lot of people angry that Ironton left. I personally would love to see them in the SEOAL in any capacity. If that means members in football only so be it.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Ironton did not beat Logan when they went back into the SEOAL then left. That was after all the bragging done by many Ironton fans on how they would beat everyone. Even if the series continues Ironton still needs to beat Logan on the field not just brag about the past.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

If I were Logan I would not schedule this game. When it was a league game it was great, but there really isn't any benefit to Logan beating a division 4 school in a meaningless non league game. Logan could use that week to schedule someone like Groveport, Pickerington, or Reynoldsburg.

Oh and I agree Trojan_FB_Alum. Why would Ironton leave the SEOAL to play 5 out of the 7 current members. It will be 6 members with Marietta leaving next year. I guess it isn't as easy as it use to be scheduling those independent games.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

From what I understand Logan as well as Ironton want this series.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Logan only wants the series becuase we gave Ironton 4 strait L's and they CONTINUE to talk. Give us the 9 more or whatever to even up and pass you guys so you'll shut your mouths :-D

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

grizzlynatural wrote:Logan only wants the series becuase we gave Ironton 4 strait L's and they CONTINUE to talk. Give us the 9 more or whatever to even up and pass you guys so you'll shut your mouths :-D
We shall see. :lol: :lol: BTW good game against Lancaster. :lol: :lol: :lol:

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

BigCarlito72 wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:Logan only wants the series becuase we gave Ironton 4 strait L's and they CONTINUE to talk. Give us the 9 more or whatever to even up and pass you guys so you'll shut your mouths :-D
We shall see. :lol: :lol: BTW good game against Lancaster. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Easy to talk when we dont have the opportunity to smash you this year.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Smash? You guys barely beat us last year! Infact we were winning @ the half. Yes Logan has won by a wide margin a few times and Ironton has spanked that ass alot of times. You must have a short memory huh? Cmon now you remember watching those boys chase Delandual Conwell and grabbing nothing but air along with a few others. I give credit to Logan they have dominated recently but smash? :lol: Cmon now. Last I checked you guys start the season with a losing mark. Never know this series happens and ya may be able to count another loss on your record. fact is every game is past tense no matter if it was two years ago, ten or five or fifteen and both teams have beat the other by wide and close margins. Just happens to be that Ironton dominates the all time series that is all. This is why this would be a great series, great rivalry. I say, WE say...BRING IT ON!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

FIDO wrote:Let's see..

Ironton plays down a Division and barely wins.......only scored 12 and by most accounts were outplayed..

Logan plays up and does fairly well against a better Lancaster team, even though they are down..

Ironton plays a cupcake this week.....

Logan plays up again against far tougher competition...

Shall we go on to week 3...........

Oh, Ironton plays a cream puff week 9....

Ironton luckily fills out a 10 game schedule and you want to come on a site and belittle and demean your competition.

Some in Ironton remember the glory days...they have been there and act like it....you should take a page from their book.....show a little class.........

If I were you, I'd cool my heals before some take notice and really makes you travel to find games to fill out your schedule...Are you playing that big powerful DVI team next year or are you still seeking someone who doesn't have a league game?
Like I said both programs seem to want this series. Oh yeah and was it not you who said Ironton ran from Logan? Hmmmmm????

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

BigCarlito72 wrote:Smash? You guys barely beat us last year! Infact we were winning @ the half. Yes Logan has won by a wide margin a few times and Ironton has spanked that booty alot of times. You must have a short memory huh? Cmon now you remember watching those boys chase Delandual Conwell and grabbing nothing but air along with a few others. I give credit to Logan they have dominated recently but smash? :lol: Cmon now. Last I checked you guys start the season with a losing mark. Never know this series happens and ya may be able to count another loss on your record. fact is every game is past tense no matter if it was two years ago, ten or five or fifteen and both teams have beat the other by wide and close margins. Just happens to be that Ironton dominates the all time series that is all. This is why this would be a great series, great rivalry. I say, WE say...BRING IT ON!

:roll: :lol: Typical. You know as well as I do your tone would be different if we had the opportunity to hand you another L.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

FIDO: Sits on his hands and awaits that one Ironton loss so he can say..."ha, see I told ya", must kinda suck when "your" team is NOT in the conversation huh? Keep on waiting buddy, ya may just have to witness a team get better week in and week out. How many Lutz coached teams do not? Also he keeps woofing about schedules, we will be fine as far as turning out quality scheduling year in and year out no matter what I say sir. Did you forget what program this is? Besides I remember some great games from Irontons independent past. Keep on dreaming buddy. The glory days are not so far behind..just watch!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

FIDO wrote:I'm just harrassing you! :122245 :122245 :122245

Chill out some though...You aren't doing your fan base any favors!
Its all good I love the back and forth, this is what is fun about football season. :122245

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

grizzlynatural wrote:
BigCarlito72 wrote:Smash? You guys barely beat us last year! Infact we were winning @ the half. Yes Logan has won by a wide margin a few times and Ironton has spanked that booty alot of times. You must have a short memory huh? Cmon now you remember watching those boys chase Delandual Conwell and grabbing nothing but air along with a few others. I give credit to Logan they have dominated recently but smash? :lol: Cmon now. Last I checked you guys start the season with a losing mark. Never know this series happens and ya may be able to count another loss on your record. fact is every game is past tense no matter if it was two years ago, ten or five or fifteen and both teams have beat the other by wide and close margins. Just happens to be that Ironton dominates the all time series that is all. This is why this would be a great series, great rivalry. I say, WE say...BRING IT ON!

:roll: :lol: Typical. You know as well as I do your tone would be different if we had the opportunity to hand you another L.
Like I said, Ironton WELCOMES the challenge and Logan is a great opponent

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Just a thought but Ironton has picked up some pretty good opponents from their independent times. Archbishop Carrol with Clement Stokes, Dupont with Randy Moss, C.A.P.E. with Carlos Snow was never a leauge game last I checked...not too shabby. St. Francis Desales, Olentangy, Belfry, Ky. are these pushovers or pretty darn good opponents? Living in Charleston I would like to see them maybe schedule a wv team, say perhaps South Charleston, 2 time defending AAA champs in wv and LOADED, Capital, George Washington, Parkersburg, these are not pushovers either. matter of fact South Charleston would probably light up most of the soc schools ya know? Just maybe? Anyway this is just one pssibility. Johnson Central in kentucky is a formidable opponent also. The point I make dude is there are plenty out there who would love to schedule Ironton and would fill out the schedule nicely.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

And they do not have to come from anywhere particular, just suggestions but I have seen Ironton play the Bellairs and now Hartley is on the schedule who btw I am sure you know lit up Amanda Clearcreek....not too shabby I think. The schedule will be fine and if the Logan series occurs it will be a GREAT addition.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I haven't heard anything here in Logan.

I know we have open weeks for 3 and 5 next year (3 could be a return game to Reynoldsburg, but is not official).

Week 8 is up in the air as Zanesville is there now, and I know both schools would like to keep it there, but Zanesville may have obligations with the ECOL that week.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Neither team should travel 93 this far--this game should never happen.
Going North or South on 93 should be limited to Jackson.

Maybe the next big man ahead of the state could start a four-lane from Ironton to Zanesville.

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

I would only like to see this series renewed in the context of Ironton being in the SEOAL. The question above about why Ironton left the league and then continues to schedule most of the league members is a puzzling one. If Warren were to leave, I would like Ironton to come back and fill that slot. If Warren decides to stay loyal to the SEOAL, I would only support Ironton coming back if another team joined also to make an even amount of teams in the league.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I don't think Ironton ever will (or should) be a member of the SEOAL again. They have left the league 3 times, that's enough as far as I am concerned.

I also think it is unlikely that Logan and Ironton will play in the near future, but if Logan DOES end up with an open date in week 8 next year, I suppose it could be a possibility for 1 season (as the SEOAL will have league games weeks 6-10 starting in 2012).

The other problem is that Logan is due for a home game in week 8 next year as Logan goes TO Zanesville this year. I doubt Ironton would want to come to Logan on a 1 year contract for 2011.

Return to “The Off season”