Call of Duty: Black Ops

General Chat
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by Bleeding Red »

How does everyone like the game?

IMO, it is not even half as good as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare!

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I've played it but not very much. I liked what I played but again I barely did. Modern Warfare is good, I play it every few days or so

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

JUST A GAME?? FUN TO PLAY??
We have US troops putting their lives on the line daily in Afghnistan in a lengthy and questionable conflict -that's not a GAME - that's REALITY! People are dying in the conduct and support of that war.
Why are you so proud of playing your silly, safe, no physical risk/threat computer-games to achieve a record? Mercy!! What " CALL OF DUTY" did you answer? What contribution did you make?

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

caglewis wrote:JUST A GAME?? FUN TO PLAY??
We have US troops putting their lives on the line daily in Afghnistan in a lengthy and questionable conflict -that's not a GAME - that's REALITY! People are dying in the conduct and support of that war.
Why are you so proud of playing your silly, safe, no physical risk/threat computer-games to achieve a record? Mercy!! What " CALL OF DUTY" did you answer? What contribution did you make?
No doubt , far more than what you ever have period .

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Leave it to Cag to see the dark cloud instead of the silver lining. :roll:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

After watching the "Restrepo" documentary about real soldiers and real warfare, and reading posts about the Medal of Honor recipient, it just seemed a little inconsequential to me to see a topic regarding a VIDEO GAME using the same terms. OK Sorry - I grant you, I don't ever play video games, so I have no experience to compare or judge them. But I still think that WAR is not ever a GAME.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

So any entertainment based of war or reality should be banned? You got your panties in a bunch over a video game discussion... good lord.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

If huedawg got his nickname from when and where I think, he has done his job....................welcome home.............. :12224

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

caglewis wrote:After watching the "Restrepo" documentary about real soldiers and real warfare, and reading posts about the Medal of Honor recipient, it just seemed a little inconsequential to me to see a topic regarding a VIDEO GAME using the same terms. OK Sorry - I grant you, I don't ever play video games, so I have no experience to compare or judge them. But I still think that WAR is not ever a GAME.

Granted, but why do old men continue to play it with the youth?

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Bear wrote:So any entertainment based of war or reality should be banned? You got your panties in a bunch over a video game discussion... good lord.
I express any disagreement with your opinion and you blame it on my UNDERWEAR?
WAR is NOT just a fun game - it's for REAL, and people really suffer injury and potentially DIE!
What it's ABSOLUTELY NOT is "entertainment" or a "fun game to PLAY". So don't call it that!

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I served. And I play video games and have played Black Ops and Modern Warfare. So what the hell are you people so upset about? This is a forum, and it is a game. The guy/kid just asked your opinion. So give your opinion don't hate on him. Just because your Atari didn't have the same graphics and catchy titles you are mad. Get over it and go march in the streets demanding that kids don'y play games and see how far you get. Just remember me and many more before me served under the flag so you can express your opinion on something that alot of veterans like to do. Play games.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Cag,
I truely appreciate all ur play by play of Tiger football when I'm stuck at work but I'm afraid you may have went over the top on this one. I've read all the post and not once did anyone make light of the real war or the sacrifice our soldiers make daily. People were talking about a video game. Do I play - NO. have I purchased for my sons- YES. and I assure you that they know its a game and they appreciate the sacrifice our troops make everyday.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

What's your opinion of "Saving Private Brian" ?

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

oak hill71 wrote:What's your opinion of "Saving Private Brian" ?
Never saw it. But I DID see "Saving Private Ryan". Good flick. Similar incidents really happened.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I play "Black Ops" as well as Modern warfare 1 & 2 online, generally playing "Hardcore Free-For-all", as my vidgame instincts are trained to shoot anyone I see in this game genre.
Nothing wrong with playing war. My generation re-fought every battle from Yorktown to Pusan, Korea in fields & playgrounds, as well as the gunfight at the OK Corral, & the adventures of the Lone Stranger & Pronto, the Crisco Kidd, Gene Hombre, Wild Will Hiccups, & many other western chars. And we aren't any more a ganaration of killers than any other generation.
I believe these games remind us of the REALITY of modern war, reminding us that in the real world, dead soldiers don't re-spawn.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

caglewis wrote:
Bear wrote:So any entertainment based of war or reality should be banned? You got your panties in a bunch over a video game discussion... good lord.
I express any disagreement with your opinion and you blame it on my UNDERWEAR?
WAR is NOT just a fun game - it's for REAL, and people really suffer injury and potentially DIE!
What it's ABSOLUTELY NOT is "entertainment" or a "fun game to PLAY". So don't call it that!
Isn't it great to have your opinion spoon fed to ya? I mean come on we aren't smart enough to distinguish between a video game and real warfare so we need to be told what to think now....right?

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Well, I'm gonna go right on playing those games. People have a right to their opinions; they also have the right to selectively ignore the opinions of others while respecting their right to have'em. I'm exercising that right.

Return to “The Off season”