Union-Made Thanksgiving Shopping List

General Chat
ironmen1987
SE

Re: Union-Made Thanksgiving Shopping List

Post by ironmen1987 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
ironmen1987 wrote:We're boycotting on friday.....we're going thursday evening instead :122246

You go to Walmart on Thursday buy you some markers and poster board plus some snacks then on Friday you can go protest Walmart.
I would but i'll be hard at work in my NON UNION job. i could drop some off to bucky. Which Wally will he be standing in front of???

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Where is hoffa and trumka? Probably at Papa John's having a pizza party.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Hoffa is dead, and Trumka would not be caught dead in a WalMart.......... :12224

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I'm going to be driving not shopping on Friday. I am having a lot of trouble figuring out where I'm allowed to shop, though. Only "local" [define that], only "small" [define that], only made in America? All 3 at once? Yeah, right.
I get the ideas and mostly agree, but sometimes they're mutually exclusive and I still need to stick to a budget which is my limiting priority. Quit with "rules".
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Suggestion friend............Do what you can, when you can.........peace, :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

caglewis wrote:I'm going to be driving not shopping on Friday. I am having a lot of trouble figuring out where I'm allowed to shop, though. Only "local" [define that], only "small" [define that], only made in America? All 3 at once? Yeah, right.
I get the ideas and mostly agree, but sometimes they're mutually exclusive and you still need to stick to a budget and that is your priority. Quit with "rules".

Cage, shop where you want, wherever you can find the best deals. Union, nonunion, big or small business it dont matter as long as you can afford it and you are happy with your purchases thats all that matters. People like abuck just want something to whine about to make it loom like they care. Its a fad ego thing for them. Once black friday is over he will move on to some other cause to support. So do what you want cage.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

abuck76 wrote:
abuck76 wrote:This protest is Nationwide........Join in ............. :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

So abuck my question is are you giving that child bonus points to hold that sign?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Bonus points inflate grades.......You might, but I want kids to actually learn...............

....BOYCOTT WALMART ON BLACK FRIDAY........... ........................ :12224

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

abuck76 wrote:BOYCOTT WALMART!!!!..........Tell them to give their employees livable wages and healthcare!!!.............Buy Union at Union Shops.!!!!!.......... :12224
No one is forcing them to work there!

Unions are going the way of the buggy...........................

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I will buy my food where ever I can find it cheap. That may be at Krogers, Save a lot, or WALMART!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Unions are what made the middle class.......You can see wages falling as union membership falls.....That is what cons want....Help stop it before it is too late.......... :12224

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Black Friday protest plans are making Walmart nervous

by Laura ClawsonFollow for Daily Kos Labor.

For weeks, protests and brief strikes by Walmart workers across the country yielded dismissive statements from Walmart about how small the number of protesters and strikers was in the context of the company's 1.4 million U.S. workers. But Friday, a week before a planned wave of Black Friday protests, it became clear that this isn't something Walmart is dismissing. The company filed an unfair labor practice charge against the United Food and Commercial Workers, the union with which non-union Walmart worker groups are affiliated. That's not a tactic Walmart would bother with if it was confident it could crush these workers' spirits as it's accustomed to doing.

Activities over the past year or longer "have caused disruptions to Walmart's business, resulted in misinformation being shared publicly about our company, and created an uncomfortable environment and undue stress on Walmart's customers, including families with children," Walmart outside counsel Steven Wheeless said in a letter sent on Friday to Deborah Gaydos, assistant general counsel of the UFCW.
You know what creates an uncomfortable environment and undue stress on people, including families with children? Walmart's ridiculously low pay scale and scanty opportunities for advancement, such that, according to internal company documents:

Low-level workers typically start near minimum wage, and have the potential to earn raises of 20 to 40 cents an hour through incremental promotions. Flawless performance merits a 60 cent raise per year under the policy, regardless of how much time an employee has worked for the company. As a result, a "solid performer" who starts at Walmart as a cart pusher making $8 an hour and receives one promotion, about the average rate, can expect to make $10.60 after working at the company for 6 years.
That, combined with policies intentionally keeping workers at part-time hours so they don't qualify for benefits, is why so many Walmart employees are forced to rely on food stamps and other public assistance to make ends meet. Being kept poor is the sort of thing that causes families with children just a little more distress than being exposed to workers picketing outside of stores.
Walmart's dismissive statements about the small percentage of workers taking part in the protests are accurate in a literal sense, but the decision to try to use the law to shut the protests down reveals that something bigger than the percentages is going on: this is the first time Walmart has faced such sustained, defiant activism against its abuses of workers. Usually when workers have tried to fight the conditions they face, retaliation and intimidation from managers have been enough to shut it down. That's not working this time, and as the protests spread and draw public notice, it seems that executives are nervous enough to go beyond their usual tactics. And when they're nervous, it's time to double down.

............................... :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

abuck76 wrote:Bonus points inflate grades.......You might, but I want kids to actually learn...............

You want them to learn yet your the teacher. Thats interesting! Hahahahahahaha!!

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

tigercannon71 wrote:
abuck76 wrote:Bonus points inflate grades.......You might, but I want kids to actually learn...............

You want them to learn yet your the teacher. Thats interesting! Hahahahahahaha!!

That made no sense whatsoever.

You ever worked for walmart? I have. Wonderful things happen there. Wonderful things like; hours mysteriously disappearing when you cross the forty hour mark. Things like making 23 hours fulltime. Yep, walmart is a wonderful place to work. Never mind if you get hurt on the job. They'll sure take care of you there, like saying the injury is an exsisting condition even though the injury was never present before the accident at work.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Thank you bear............. :12224

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Places like Wal-Mart are why Unions are needed.

I hope this BOYCOTT gains momentum and brings attention to the lack workers rights and benefits we all know exist at Wal-Mart.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You guys are blind. This is a power play between the Union and Wal Mart. Those that walk off are expendable. If they get fired you think the Union will back them. No they will drop them and find new pawns to use. While Wal Mart will just grab the thousands of applications on file and replace the fired workers. In the end the consumers and the workers are the only ones hurt by a union Wal Mart. Prices go up for consumers and the workers trade Wal Mart for Union bosses. Thats a genius plan.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

You are nothing more than shill for the owner class.........Unions made this country great as they raised wages not only for union shops but non union shops as well............Shills like you only help the demise of the middle class............ :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If you understood the real world you would understand, but you live in a fantasy world so you dont understand. People that think like you is the reason this country is on the skids right now. We have lost the values which made our country great.

Return to “The Off season”