Obama, the antichrist?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Obama, the antichrist?

Post by kantuckyII »

A good friend of mine called me up today who lives away from here now. In 2006 iI told him that I figured that Obama would be the next president. That he was one scary guy! He read a few things about him after I gave him the information and he said to me, "seriously? Do you really think that guy can get elected? "

I told him not too long after that did not only did I think it, but I believe that he would get elected. I also shared with him at that time that there was something evil that was exuded from him, that iI could not put my finger on it. Well he was not willing to buy into that, he was very alarmed about that guy might be our next president.

Anyway, this afternoon he called me and he shared with me his fears and says to me, "I really believe that he might be the antichrist and hescares me very much!" He is just far too spooky!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Obama, the antichrist?

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So here we go again. First you say it a few years back and then deny ever saying it and now you're saying it again. You going to deny this one too in the future? If anybody is a scary individual to me it is you because you are clearly delusional and live to close for comfort for me.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

He scares you. If that is what it takes to be the antichrist then I must also be the antichrist since I scare you.

Darn my temper is showing. Can't wait for your DAR on that.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I figured out not too long ago that the two of you are brothers. You both see things that aren't there and you're both fueled by your raging tempers. I never said that he is antichrist, I just said my suspicions are pointing more and more to that direction.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

My suspicions are that you are a raving mad, delusional, nutjob. I'm not saying you are, I just suspicious you may be. :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You're so much like Farmer, you're both mad!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

YOU HAVE SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE THAT OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST. SO YOU LIED AGAIN WHEN YOU SAID YOU HAVE NEVER SAID THAT. COMING FROM YOU THAT IS NO SURPRISE.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Personally, I like it when teabaggers say extreme things like Obama being the antichrist. Comments like this further reinforce the belief among the majority in this country that nothing right wingers say can be taken seriously. Just like all the rape comments by GOPers during the last election. Not one of those politicians was actually elected to office. They all went down.

So as outrageous as comments likes this may be, it only helps guarantee the GOP, as it exists today, cannot be a truly national party in the 21st Century.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Farmer is shouting again in a tirade! Such an angry young man or old man whatever he is. He should really watch because he could blow his heart up one day with that temper!

At least don't lie on me Farmer as I never said that he was but I said that I am awfully suspicious as millions of other Americans are as well

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I do not have a temper my Dr. says my BP is fine. Glad you can hear shouting from what I type.
You have said many times before that Obama is the anti christ. Your selective memory of the past is catching up to you. No wonder you like that new facebook that will erase what you have said after a period of time.

WATCH OUT FOR MY TEMPER/ I am glad I scare you.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Horse Feathers.

According to Daniel, the AC will be of Roman descent, and Obama isn't nearly popular enough to become Grand Imperial Poobah of the whole planet.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

So much ignorance on this subject.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Both of Obama's parents came from land that was part of the Roman Empire

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Interesting....
I’m surprised that no-one seems to have spotted an obvious Roman parallel for the success of Barack Obama. Or have I missed it? In the second century AD, Lucius Septimius Severus became the first ‘African-Roman’ emperor of Rome. Like Obama he was of mixed race -- his father from Libya, his mother of European descent. He too had an outspoken and determined wife, from Syria. And his first task on coming to the throne in 193 AD was to deal with a military disaster in Iraq (‘Parthia’ as it was then known). The success of his surge was commemorated in the great arch, which remains to this day one of the most impressive monuments in the Forum at Rome.

The two little children he took with him to the palace did not fare so well. In fact they grew up to be murderous thugs – even if the elder, Caracalla, did go on to initiate the most daring extension of civic rights in the whole of world history. Once he had got rid of his brother (nastily murdered on his mother’s lap), he gave full Roman citizenship, and the legal privileges and protection that went with it, to all the free male inhabitants of the empire.

Did the success of Septimius Severus show that race no longer mattered in Roman politics? And is there a message in his story for the new president-elect?

If so, the message is a double-edged one. A few more African-Romans did make it to the higher echelons of the imperial government (in many cases members of the emperor’s own family, or his wife’s friends). But on the wider view, it was not so much that his race did not matter, but that the Roman upper class and the Roman media made sure that it simply was not seen.

We do not know for certain whether or not Septimius Severus was black. That is itself significant. One historian writing three hundred years after his lifetime claimed that he was ‘dark’, and one or two portrait statues appear to show him with African features. But the vast majority of images that survive make him look like any other Roman emperor before him – his whiteness over-emphasised by the shiny white marble in which he was so often portrayed. This was not a black man claiming the imperial throne for himself. This was the Roman imperial machine turning a man of colour into an emperor more or less indistinguishable from all his predecessors. The machine was making sure that race did not show.

No-one is suggesting, of course, that Obama’s publicity team will attempt, literally, to whiten the image of the forty-fourth president. But the ‘Septimius Severus problem’ is already clear enough. Obama’s understandable decision not to mention his own ethnic identity, or anything else about race, in his acceptance speech had decided echoes of Septimius Severus’ image as a white emperor. The more you present Obama as any other president, and peddle the self-congratulatory clichés about the end of a raclal divide at the highest pinnacle of American politics, the more you are simply refusing to see that for most people in the US and the rest of the world race does still matter..

Most British women will recognise a much more recent political analogy. For ethnicity, read gender. Margaret Thatcher did almost nothing to advance the chances of other women in British public life, Quite the reverse. By making it look as if the gender wars were a conflict now decisively won --- when for millions of British women the battle had hardly begun -- the effect of Thatcher’s victory was to put back the cause of women for a generation at least.

Lets hope the same is not true for Obama – and that he doesn’t take the Septimius Severus route towards the same old orthodoxy of power. If race (or gender) is really not to matter it needs to be visible to us.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:Interesting....
I’m surprised that no-one seems to have spotted an obvious Roman parallel for the success of Barack Obama. Or have I missed it? In the second century AD, Lucius Septimius Severus became the first ‘African-Roman’ emperor of Rome. Like Obama he was of mixed race -- his father from Libya, his mother of European descent. He too had an outspoken and determined wife, from Syria. And his first task on coming to the throne in 193 AD was to deal with a military disaster in Iraq (‘Parthia’ as it was then known). The success of his surge was commemorated in the great arch, which remains to this day one of the most impressive monuments in the Forum at Rome.

The two little children he took with him to the palace did not fare so well. In fact they grew up to be murderous thugs – even if the elder, Caracalla, did go on to initiate the most daring extension of civic rights in the whole of world history. Once he had got rid of his brother (nastily murdered on his mother’s lap), he gave full Roman citizenship, and the legal privileges and protection that went with it, to all the free male inhabitants of the empire.

Did the success of Septimius Severus show that race no longer mattered in Roman politics? And is there a message in his story for the new president-elect?

If so, the message is a double-edged one. A few more African-Romans did make it to the higher echelons of the imperial government (in many cases members of the emperor’s own family, or his wife’s friends). But on the wider view, it was not so much that his race did not matter, but that the Roman upper class and the Roman media made sure that it simply was not seen.

We do not know for certain whether or not Septimius Severus was black. That is itself significant. One historian writing three hundred years after his lifetime claimed that he was ‘dark’, and one or two portrait statues appear to show him with African features. But the vast majority of images that survive make him look like any other Roman emperor before him – his whiteness over-emphasised by the shiny white marble in which he was so often portrayed. This was not a black man claiming the imperial throne for himself. This was the Roman imperial machine turning a man of colour into an emperor more or less indistinguishable from all his predecessors. The machine was making sure that race did not show.

No-one is suggesting, of course, that Obama’s publicity team will attempt, literally, to whiten the image of the forty-fourth president. But the ‘Septimius Severus problem’ is already clear enough. Obama’s understandable decision not to mention his own ethnic identity, or anything else about race, in his acceptance speech had decided echoes of Septimius Severus’ image as a white emperor. The more you present Obama as any other president, and peddle the self-congratulatory clichés about the end of a raclal divide at the highest pinnacle of American politics, the more you are simply refusing to see that for most people in the US and the rest of the world race does still matter..

Most British women will recognise a much more recent political analogy. For ethnicity, read gender. Margaret Thatcher did almost nothing to advance the chances of other women in British public life, Quite the reverse. By making it look as if the gender wars were a conflict now decisively won --- when for millions of British women the battle had hardly begun -- the effect of Thatcher’s victory was to put back the cause of women for a generation at least.

Lets hope the same is not true for Obama – and that he doesn’t take the Septimius Severus route towards the same old orthodoxy of power. If race (or gender) is really not to matter it needs to be visible to us.

So even though you are saying that you have never said he is the Anti Christ you are now finding and supplying us with proof he could be.

Take your meds today Tuck. You are losing it again.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

So?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Over NFC

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:Both of Obama's parents came from land that was part of the Roman Empire
Superstitious garbage! BOO!

Return to “The Off season”