INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I told you it was a city of it's own. ironton only has 2,000 people more than this plant employs.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

by contrast when Armco steel was booming in Ashland, ky.(now ak steel) they had like 4500 employees.
and now the Toyota plant is building the lexus. the are gonads to the wall spitting out the 2018 Toyota camry, there are very few employees that don't drive yoters either. my son has a 16 camry, and in November is trading his for an 18. they bout all do that, switch every couple of years.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Do they get a big discount bait?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 am I told you it was a city of it's own. ironton only has 2,000 people more than this plant employs.
Imagine being a few minutes late for work, and your work station was deep inside the plant. :lol: :lol: Might as well say your 15 to 20 minutes late from the long walk to your work area. :shock: They might have some kinda golf cart type vehicles with multiple seating that takes people to they're work area if it's a ways on in the plant.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, I thought so, inside transportation for the employees. Dang near half to do this, get lost in that huge place even if you worked there for awhile.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Read some reviews where the pace of work is really fast and hard and not recommended for people over 40. Might as well forget it trench :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I have plenty of plant manufacturing experience but pretty much done with that line of work. Forklift for years and ran many machines from really fast paced packing to putting on bolts and screws on a moving line. I Imagine you know where. 3 different plants but am not interested for myself but I could do-er I imagine. The pace of work definitely varies in the place as any manufacturer does. Would definitely depend on where you are at and what you were doing. Clean looking place with great benefits and hourly pay with company matching savings plan and they will hire all ages. EOE. Some older people still have great ability to work and some are in good shape and more dependable. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if 40 or over is 50% of they're work force. Ole JG is interested though. Not the JG you are thinking of though. :lol: You will figure it out in a bit. :lol: All them guys standing around in the pictures I seen with the 2 way radio's would be the job to have, or driving the people to their work station. Ole SC would love to have that job, driving them multiple seated carts around in that big place. :lol: If I would apply, it would be in receiving. Driving the cars out after each one was done would be cool job as well, but very hard to get I bet. Have to have been there for awhile to get the goodies. :lol: Too far of a drive, ole JG would have to move down there. Don't know if he would like that or not, living in Kentucky. I'll explain later but he got out of that place across from the security shack on 37. Trouble was brewing and he hated how the employees was treated. Said he couldn't take it no more so he got out before trouble started. He was pretty upset with someone in there that screwed him over. He had some time build up there too. Feel sorry for him. He has three children to worry about.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

By the way, any word yet on what they are going to do about the lake, Bait? Still enough water in there for fish to survive over the winter? Storms and more rain coming Sunday they are saying. Every drop you get should help a little. I'm hoping.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm Do they get a big discount bait?

yes my son is getting like a 4,000 deal off a camry. he could get it for me n lisa as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 am By the way, any word yet on what they are going to do about the lake, Bait? Still enough water in there for fish to survive over the winter? Storms and more rain coming Sunday they are saying. Every drop you get should help a little. I'm hoping.
that sir is a million dollar question. hopefully we'll have a mild winter with lots of rain till they get this fixed. and the water level should be fine on the back end of the lake where the dam is.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 am I have plenty of plant manufacturing experience but pretty much done with that line of work. Forklift for years and ran many machines from really fast paced packing to putting on bolts and screws on a moving line. I Imagine you know where. 3 different plants but am not interested for myself but I could do-er I imagine. The pace of work definitely varies in the place as any manufacturer does. Would definitely depend on where you are at and what you were doing. Clean looking place with great benefits and hourly pay with company matching savings plan and they will hire all ages. EOE. Some older people still have great ability to work and some are in good shape and more dependable. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if 40 or over is 50% of they're work force. Ole JG is interested though. Not the JG you are thinking of though. :lol: You will figure it out in a bit. :lol: All them guys standing around in the pictures I seen with the 2 way radio's would be the job to have, or driving the people to their work station. Ole SC would love to have that job, driving them multiple seated carts around in that big place. :lol: If I would apply, it would be in receiving. Driving the cars out after each one was done would be cool job as well, but very hard to get I bet. Have to have been there for awhile to get the goodies. :lol: Too far of a drive, ole JG would have to move down there. Don't know if he would like that or not, living in Kentucky. I'll explain later but he got out of that place across from the security shack on 37. Trouble was brewing and he hated how the employees was treated. Said he couldn't take it no more so he got out before trouble started. He was pretty upset with someone in there that screwed him over. He had some time build up there too. Feel sorry for him. He has three children to worry about.
Only JG I can think of is the one you said I thought it would be lol. Are you sure those are not visitor tours they are giving in them pictures in them carts ? They don't look like they work there with the clothing they got on.Visitors would have to wear all the safety protection just like the workers in the plant. Just by looking at that overhead picture it looks like they got parking lots all over that place where workers could just walk to their work stations if they wanted. Ole SC would definitely like a job like that if they had it. Hop on he say let's get the heck out of here so I can get back to Reynoldsburg :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:00 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 am I have plenty of plant manufacturing experience but pretty much done with that line of work. Forklift for years and ran many machines from really fast paced packing to putting on bolts and screws on a moving line. I Imagine you know where. 3 different plants but am not interested for myself but I could do-er I imagine. The pace of work definitely varies in the place as any manufacturer does. Would definitely depend on where you are at and what you were doing. Clean looking place with great benefits and hourly pay with company matching savings plan and they will hire all ages. EOE. Some older people still have great ability to work and some are in good shape and more dependable. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if 40 or over is 50% of they're work force. Ole JG is interested though. Not the JG you are thinking of though. :lol: You will figure it out in a bit. :lol: All them guys standing around in the pictures I seen with the 2 way radio's would be the job to have, or driving the people to their work station. Ole SC would love to have that job, driving them multiple seated carts around in that big place. :lol: If I would apply, it would be in receiving. Driving the cars out after each one was done would be cool job as well, but very hard to get I bet. Have to have been there for awhile to get the goodies. :lol: Too far of a drive, ole JG would have to move down there. Don't know if he would like that or not, living in Kentucky. I'll explain later but he got out of that place across from the security shack on 37. Trouble was brewing and he hated how the employees was treated. Said he couldn't take it no more so he got out before trouble started. He was pretty upset with someone in there that screwed him over. He had some time build up there too. Feel sorry for him. He has three children to worry about.
Only JG I can think of is the one you said I thought it would be lol. Are you sure those are not visitor tours they are giving in them pictures in them carts ? They don't look like they work there with the clothing they got on.Visitors would have to wear all the safety protection just like the workers in the plant. Just by looking at that overhead picture it looks like they got parking lots all over that place where workers could just walk to their work stations if they wanted. Ole SC would definitely like a job like that if they had it. Hop on he say let's get the heck out of here so I can get back to Reynoldsburg :lol:
Some are I read about, but some are finished car holding lots too. Very huge place Bolt. Look at the scale of the place to a parked car and the roads affiliated with it and the one around it. :shock: Be like walking from here where I live to the Hocking County fairgrounds in spots. Gotta be some kinda shuttle going on. That place is huge buddy. See them school type buses in one picture? I bet those take people from the outside to an area too. Them people driving the carts (SC's job :lol: ) Heck they look in their late 60's to 70. What is retirement age? 62 at 75% 65 full retirement? See some other pic's with women that look like in their late 50's putting doors on cars. How long has the place been there?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I SPOKE WITH MY SON TODAY , I WAS WRONG THEY EMPLOY 12,000 PEOPLE AND RUN 2 SHIFTS 6,000 EMPLOYEES A SHIFT, AND ARE BUYING UP PROPERTY AND BUILDING ON. SO ACTUALLY TOYOTA EMPLOYS ABOUT 2,000 MORE THAN THE POPULATION OF THE CITY OF IRONTON.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:00 pm

yes those are plant tour carts.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Georgetown ky is the fastest growing city in the state of ky.
more even than Lexington.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Now thats a plant. My big ole butt be 3 hours if i had to walk to my station

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I heard that legend. at's a big ole honkin plant.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

sure is. Heck when i worked at smaller places like bellisios id have to be earlie so i could make it. had to park a mile away

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Just wonder how many places there are to clock in, in that enormous place? If they haven't got some kind of shuttle trans there, I bet the workers there have been thinking they need one time and time again. :lol: :lol: :?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is a very secure plant they don't let outsiders in. and I guess very difficult to even get a tour. my son is trading his camry in for the new 2018 camry next week.

Return to “The Off season”