Do cheerleaders have to be in good shape

General Chat

Should cheerleaders go through conditioning?

Total votes: 0

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Do cheerleaders have to be in good shape

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Do you think its necessary for cheerleaders to run in practice and do pushups to get in good condition, any thoughts?

x3_Catcher
Waterboy

Post by x3_Catcher »

Well i think cheerleaders should be in good shape but during a game they do not run or anything! And i know the Southern Cheerleaders are in good shape because Monday evening at practice they ran, did pushups, and did situps, im not sure if it was for punishment or to be in good shape

Azer
Waterboy

Post by Azer »

yeah i think they should be good looking

Buckeye5
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye5 »

Heck yeah they do, if they wern't they would suck and not be good.

rebelgirl22
Waterboy

Post by rebelgirl22 »

Yes, I think they should since the South Gallia cheerleaders do!The S.G. cheerleaders don't just condition in the beginning of the year they condition all year round.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

nobody whats to see a heffer in a sweater.

KatRudy
Waterboy

Post by KatRudy »

oh yah definatly, all teams do so it only makes sense, cheerleaders have to be in very good shape to move theirselves in ways that, heck i have no idea how they do it , but yah conditioning its pretty much mutual if u ask me

fan4life
Waterboy

cheerleading conditioning

Post by fan4life »

You have to be in good shape to cheer...especially if you want to make a national champ squad. I watched a tryout for a local squad last year and I saw 9 girls who play softball, basketball, and run track, try out. As they tried to keep up with the girls who were cheerleaders the previous year, they fell short. They thought cheerleading would be easier, but only 2 of them made the squad. So, it pays for everyone to be in shape, no matter what the sport.

In cheerleading competitions, judges can tell if a cheerleader is in shape. For example, they watch their breathing to see if they are exhausted. To do great jumps and tumbling, you have to have strong legs. To create mounts, the bases have to be strong to turn and throw their spotter up and be quick to catch her. A toned cheerleader will not only show the condition and work ethic of a squad, but she can make the uniform look better, too. Squads get points for overall impressions and conditioning and just simply how they "look" upon first glance can form an opinion right away for the judges.

Good luck to all athletes!

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Ya they do! lol at SG are cheerleaders go through more then the other sports, at least i think so. Most days the have almost an hour of just streching then they practice there routine... until perfection. Total and complete perfection lol. You gotta be wore out after all that so perfection could take awhile. And like fan4life said you have to be in good shape.

IronmanforLife
Waterboy

Post by IronmanforLife »

yes...

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

The answer is yes. I went to a cheerleading competition yesterday and there is no way they could do the amazing things they did if they weren't in good shape.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

When I cheered at Rio Grande, we had to be working out in the fitness center for a minimum hours per week.

broncofan09
Varsity

Post by broncofan09 »

Yes i do think it is good for them because they need to work out there muscles and bones. If the cheerleaders did not workout and excersise then they wouldnt be able to keep health all season. And they wouldnt be able to do the things that they do.

southwebsterjeep09
Waterboy

Post by southwebsterjeep09 »

they should definately be in shape. nobody in their right mind wants to see a fat cheerleader doing flips and shaking her butt. that's just gross

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

My daughter cheers and let me tell you, she's in such good shape, she could run the Boston Marathon and win. ;-)

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Yes!!!

John 3:16
The Gambler
Waterboy

Post by The Gambler »

They have to be in good shape and hot to.

circle65
Waterboy

Post by circle65 »

who in the world would want to see cheerleaders that just sit around and can barely make it to the court? Honestly, this is the most ridiculous thread i have ever read. The dudes condition for thier sports, and the cheerleaders say that cheerleading is a sport, so why shouldnt you condition. I just think conditioning goe s for everything though

i live in a van, down by the river
BrownsFan#14
Waterboy

Post by BrownsFan#14 »

I think that they need to condition..in plus, i wouldn't mind watching them run during practice anyway...its fun watching cheerleaders run :lol:

Sugar
Waterboy

Post by Sugar »

All squads should condition...even if they don't stunt or do gymnastics.

Return to “The Off season”