The Pink Floyd Experience - Huntington WV

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

The Pink Floyd Experience - Huntington WV

Post by kantuckyII »

anyone else going to the show on the 19th of Feb to see this tribute band? I hear it's pretty good but I haven't been myself. I just picked up my tickets this afternoon. Here's a You Tube Clip of them

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

:shock:

Football Guru
Waterboy

Post by Football Guru »

How much are tickets?

I would love going, I had a friend who went a year or so ago and they said they were very good.

I would love to actually see pink floyd....but....thats a little out of my price range...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

$25.00, I don't think that's bad in today's world

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Football Guru
Waterboy

Post by Football Guru »

I will try going to this, me and Kantucky have officially agreed on something, Pink Floyd is a great band.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Pink Floyd IS the greatest band!

Football Guru
Waterboy

Post by Football Guru »

Have you ever been to a actual Pink Floyd show Kantucky?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

yeah, I saw them in Columbus when they done the Pulse tour, awesome show it was!

Football Guru
Waterboy

Post by Football Guru »

Wow, I wish I could of been there.

I have not had the liberty of seeing many bands live, in fact I have just seen one (Tool on their newest tour).

It had to be amazing though, watching them. Their reunion at live 8 was really great though.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Back then was probably the last time anyone will get to see them in American or anywhere for that matter Football Guru. You, if you get the chance, should read about the concerts that year. How they had 2 complete sets of gear in two different convoys. One crew would be setting up in one city while the band was playing in the other..then, they'd switch. The power company had to run special lines to feed the show's power needs. If you get the chance to see the Pulse video, that's the same show that they done in the tour.

Football Guru
Waterboy

Post by Football Guru »

Yea, I have seen that DVD and it was very great. Just being there must of been surreal. I wonder how many illegal substances were floating around the air of those concerts?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

not as many as you'd think. Many of the audience were guys/gals who were in their 40's and 50's, settled down people. The concert was very mellow, people just kicked back and listened. One girl thought she was going to dance in front of us...she was told to sit a couple times..she wouldn't do it...someone reached up, grabbed her britches and SLAMMED her into her seat. She danced no more.

I am trying to find that website that listed all the details about the tour...if I find it in the next day or so, I'll post it. It was very interesting.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:not as many as you'd think. Many of the audience were guys/gals who were in their 40's and 50's, settled down people. The concert was very mellow, people just kicked back and listened. One girl thought she was going to dance in front of us...she was told to sit a couple times..she wouldn't do it...someone reached up, grabbed her britches and SLAMMED her into her seat. She danced no more.

I am trying to find that website that listed all the details about the tour...if I find it in the next day or so, I'll post it. It was very interesting.

so you go to thjis concert with realy kick --- music, and you can not dance :?: :shock: :shock:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Although Pink Floyd marketed an album entitled "A Collection Of Great Dance Songs" you dance to Barry Manilow, you don't dance to Pink Floyd! ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Was there anyone else up there that seen them this Tuesday in Huntington? I couldn't believe how few showed up as it was a great concert. They really done a great job.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: The Pink Floyd Experience - Huntington WV

Post by kantuckyII »

Sadly, they've not been back in three years. I check each fall and each fall, I'm disappointed

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:Sadly, they've not been back in three years. I check each fall and each fall, I'm disappointed
I'm impressed KII! This doesn't seem like the type of group you could endorse. Enjoy!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I've loved Pink Floyd since I went to a get together back in high school and someone said, "have you heard of this new group, Pink Floyd?" and they had Dark Side of The Moon playing. No, that certainly wasn't their first album but no one had heard of them before Dark Side of The Moon.

Baruch Spinoza
Waterboy

Post by Baruch Spinoza »

I hate to disagree with you mr. tucky, but many of us had heard of and listened to Pink Floyd way before Dark Side of the MOon. I can remember buying ' umma gumma'. We had a whole story made up to be careful with that ax eugene. Pink Floyd, the real band , will never be the same, with Wright passing away, and Syd Barrett gone and Waters gone. I love Gilmour, but it just is not the same. These fake bands can not and do not hold a candle to the real band. peace

Return to “The Off season”