Woman Goes for Leg Operation, Gets New Anus Instead

General Chat
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A German retiree is taking a hospital to court after she went in for a leg operation and got a new anus instead, the Daily Telegraph is reporting.

The woman woke up to find she had been mixed up with another patient suffering from incontinence who was to have surgery on her sphincter.

The clinic in Hochfranken, Bavaria, has since suspended the surgical team.

Now the woman is planning to sue the hospital. She still needs the leg operation and is searching for another hospital to do it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339270,00.html

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Re: Woman Goes for Leg Operation, Gets New Anus Instead

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

isn't that just a pain in the @$$ :122246

hamilton86
Waterboy

Post by hamilton86 »

Boy oh boy that hospital is a pain in the u know what :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

How about this one that was in the news yesterday!

Surgeons at a hospital in Minneapolis accidentally removed a healthy kidney from a patient undergoing surgery for kidney cancer. The hospital made full disclosure of the glaring medical error afterwards in what has become an all-too-common occurrence at hospitals in the United States nowadays: wrong-site surgery.

The chief medical officer for Park Nicollet Health Services made the error known to the public because he felt an ethical obligation to report it. The hospital accepted full responsibility for the oversight, and assured the public that it would look into the cause of the surgical error.

According to published reports, the surgical error was discovered when a hospital pathologist examined the kidney a day after the patient's surgery, and evidently found no trace of cancer. Methodist Hospital has not released any personal details about the patient, other than that the patient is still being treated at Methodist Hospital and that doctors are trying to resolve the dilemma of what to do next.

I really like the last line.."the patient is still being treated at Methodist Hospital"
I don't know about the rest of you but I think I'd be kinda looking forward to a transfer :shock:

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Bummer. :shock: I didn't even know that was an organ donor option.

Hubby said it was very, very close to what he had been praying for.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THATS LIKE THE LADY AT THE OLD IRONTON HOSPITAL. HAD TO HAVE A DIABETIC RIDDLED LEG REMOVED.

OF COURSE, THEY TOOK OFF THE WRONG LEG. WHICH SHE THEN HAD TO HAVE REMOVED. :122246 :122246

SHE WAS SAID TO HAVE TRIED TO SUE THE HOSPITAL, BUT HER ATTORNEY , TOLD HER. --------------------- SHE DID NOT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. :aaaaa46

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

About the lady with the new anus..... I just read today where the hospital said they'd be looking into it..
Also said they would be interrogating the doctors in an attempt to get the hole truth.
They had no trouble locating a new replacement a-hole.... I wondered where Paladin disappeared to so mysteriously. :aaaaa46

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

Why is there a lawsuit? Shouldn't the hospital just get its checkbook out and write a check?

And why is she looking for a new hospital. Why doesn't she just go back to that one and tell them she needs a new anus. Maybe they'll botch it up again and give her a new leg.

sportsfanatic85
Varsity

Post by sportsfanatic85 »

wow! unbelievable, I wonder what they done to the lady that was originally
scheduled for the anal surgery?? :shock:

Return to “The Off season”