Its Easter what will you do with your day?

General Chat
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Its Easter what will you do with your day?

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

My Easter present is my hubby and boys are off to Church and I am enjoying the peace and quiet for the first time in DAYS! My youngest daughter is enjoying the sun in Daytona BeachImage

Philly
All Conference

Re: Its Easter what will you do with your day?

Post by Philly »

Spend the day at my Mother's house with my family.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Housework.

Long ride with the wife.

Church.

More housework.

Shorter ride.

Cigarette. :shock:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

The Easter Eggs are stuffed and ready to hide and I'm finishing up the touches on our traditional Easter Bunny cake that's easy to make. The rest of the crew will hit the house in about an hour and then the party starts. :lol: Here's my Easter Bunny cake recipe, and you can vary it many ways:
Every Easter it is a tradition that my kids and I make an Easter bunny cake. These cakes can be made many different ways. It's according how much time you want to put in the cake. These cakes are a big plus with the kids in my family. The little ones do not want to eat their food, instead they want to skip right to the Easter Bunny cake.

This cake requires a couple of hours of work. That is including the time that it takes to bake the cake. This is not a full length bunny. This is just the ears, head, and bow tie. I wish I had a picture of the cake so that you could see what you are making but I don't. So, I will do a little graphic to give you a better understanding of what the Easter Bunny cake will look like.

You will need the following stuff to make your Easter Bunny cake.

1 box of cake mix (any flavor that you want)
2 cans of white icing
2 bags of jelly beans
1 bag of Black Liquorish
2 eight inch round pans
1 box of food coloring

The first thing that you need to do is bake your cake according to the box instructions. So go ahead and mix your cake batter up. You will need to use two round eight inch cake pans. Pour the same amount in each pan. Once pan is going to be his ears and bow tie, and the other pan will be his face.

When your cake is done, take it out and let it cool. When it is completely cool then you can start making the bunny. This may get a little hard to explain, so if you get lost please look at the image that I have provided.

Take one of the cakes and dump it out on the table. Now you will need to take a knife and cut the ears out. Please look at my image to see how to cut the ears. Once you cut the ears out of that cake, you will have the bow tie also. The bow tie will be in the middle of the ears.

So now you have your ears and bow tie. Now you will need to get whatever you are going to use to put your cake on. It is best to use a piece of card board and cover it with tin foil. Lay your round cake on the card board or whatever you are using. Go ahead and ice the face with white icing.
Here's what yours might look like :12222

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Ballparent will you adopt me :?: :12223 its a nice cake
unfortunately God skipped me when it came to patience and talent in the cooking and baking department :shock:

Return to “The Off season”