Miley Cyrus - Will They Change Her? Good Role Model?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Miley Cyrus - Will They Change Her? Good Role Model?

Post by kantuckyII »

I wonder about her. There's so many young girls who just idolize Miley Cyrus and so far, she's been a prety good girl (she's only 15 though) but now she is apologizing for what has been described as 'racy photos' taken by Annie Leibovitz, one of which suggest she is naked with a sheet draped over her. I think she was kinda tricked here and so were her parents but I believe that the industry will try their best to eat her alive as she approaches 18.

Which brings me to...do you think it's wise for all the parents out there to let her act as a role model? right now, yeah, she's a pretty good girl but so was Brittany Spears from what I understand and she too was idolized by the young girls and now Spears can't even remember to wear her underwear when she goes out on the town. I kinda tend to think that parents are making a mistake right now by letting them be so absorbed with this young girl

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Re: Miley Cyrus - Will They Change Her? Good Role Model?

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Britney Spears started out like...

But I guess it's not any better that Miley Cyrus dresses like...

I guess I wouldn't see a problem with her dressing like that if she was 18. That's just asking for people like...

But to answer your question..role model? nah. Fan? Yeah. Miley Cyrus is a talented singer who does fun shoes to entertain younger people. She doesn't act as a very good role model due to the fact that she hasn't gone through a lot of things to have set a model. One big thing is the racy pictures she took of herself. Young people all across the countries are doing this too much today...it's a problem.

Antony
Riding the Bench

Post by Antony »

Brian Peppers is back!1!!!!! Revenge of the Old Meme!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I think it all goes back to the parents. Im just going to guess on this on, but I think Miley has a much better chance of not getting that burn out like Britney cause of who her dad is. I think she can use him as an example of how fickle the media is and she can learn about not letting them change her. As for Britney's parents her mom kinda reminds me of those parents who are overly dramatic at the pee wee games because they are to pushy and are trying to re-live thier youth through their kids. Yeah Britney made some bad choices, but I think her mom and the way she was raised has something to do with it.

As for a role model. You have to give her a few years to be a role model. Parents need to remind their kids that they can look up to these celebrities, but they also need to remind them not to put them on a pedastel because they are human and have faults that might not be role model worthy. They need to have a balance.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here's the photo..if I had a 15 year old daughter, I sure wouldn't want this going out there

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

My granddaughter adores Miley Cyrus, although I don't see her looking to her as a role model. She likes her shows and music but is bright enough to know that she is a celebrity and her life is nothing like her own, or that the choices she makes may not be those that she would be following. I know what her response will be when she sees this photo (and somehow, someway I'm sure she'll see it)...."Mamaw, she's naked!", at which time we'll discuss that those in her life in charge (mother, father, etc.) weren't thinking of her best interests at this moment, and why is was inappropriate to take this shot. From what I've heard Disney is none too happy either and Miley and company have expressed they are upset about the photos. But, puh-leeze, I'm thinking when she was asked to disrobe and pose for the shot with disheveled hair like she had just taken a romp in the hay would have been an obvious sign to most. To act upset now is a little late and I'm, as a grandparent of a fan, disappointed in her and her parents choice.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Come on folks. This is the transition photo. Have you heard her latest "song"? Instead of "I can't wait to see you again," it should be "I can't wait to have sex with you again." It is all about future benjamins. The Hannah Montana character is still popular and they will still get a few billion more out of it, but she has to now make the transition. I mean geesh, she has 2 parents and at least 3 brothers and sisters to take care of.
Ballparent is right, the picture is taken to look like she just had sex. The hair is meesed up and bright red lipstick on. How many kids wake up in the morning looking like that? Why is she posing for an adult magazine anyway? The pictures with her dad are creepy as well, if you ask me.
Disney is probably not happy about this, but they will make some serious "hay" this week with advertising. I am sure her disney shows will get some serious advertising bucks over the next month or so.
It's just the latest addition of child exploitation. Did you really think they wouldnt use it? Why would you let your 15 year old daughter do it? Are you afraid the "meal ticket" will fly the coup if you impersonate her "father" for 5 minutes?

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

someoverkill wrote:Come on folks. This is the transition photo. Have you heard her latest "song"? Instead of "I can't wait to see you again," it should be "I can't wait to have sex with you again." It is all about future benjamins. The Hannah Montana character is still popular and they will still get a few billion more out of it, but she has to now make the transition. I mean geesh, she has 2 parents and at least 3 brothers and sisters to take care of.
Ballparent is right, the picture is taken to look like she just had sex. The hair is meesed up and bright red lipstick on. How many kids wake up in the morning looking like that? Why is she posing for an adult magazine anyway? The pictures with her dad are creepy as well, if you ask me.
Disney is probably not happy about this, but they will make some serious "hay" this week with advertising. I am sure her disney shows will get some serious advertising bucks over the next month or so.
It's just the latest addition of child exploitation. Did you really think they wouldnt use it? Why would you let your 15 year old daughter do it? Are you afraid the "meal ticket" will fly the coup if you impersonate her "father" for 5 minutes?

I agree SOK. It's ALL about the media space and the BIG $$$$$$$$$$$

Bottom line....GREED !!!

Antony
Riding the Bench

Post by Antony »

kantuckyII wrote:Here's the photo..if I had a 15 year old daughter, I sure wouldn't want this going out there

Jail bait.

Good thing she's famous and not a slut, because if she wasn't she'll probably be putting men in jail. lulz

Seriously though, I'm not worried about Miley Cyrus because her dad isn't exploiting her. He's set for life with that "Achey Brakey Heart" money, plus he isn't a dirtbag like Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan's parents.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

antony has a good point. Ol' Bill doesn't have anything to gain from her...a bigger housE? Ha. Seems like he actually loves her.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

whodeyAtown21 wrote:antony has a good point. Ol' Bill doesn't have anything to gain from her...a bigger housE? Ha. Seems like he actually loves her.

But her parents (Billy Ray) was at the photo shoot. Why else would they let her do that except for the money. Rich people don't ever seem to want to stop getting richer.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Vanity Fair is very respected...I don't think they've ever done one before. They probably just didn't realize they were being taken advantage of until later. This is plausible because the act was supposed to be "artistic" but instead it was just...slutty.

But it's still possible it's for the money...who doesn't like more?

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

kantuckyII wrote:Here's the photo..if I had a 15 year old daughter, I sure wouldn't want this going out there

I cannot believe he daddy let her do this! :122246 :shock: but gee look what money does..

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i cant believe you guys are making such a big deal out of this. yes, it's a bit revealing considering her age but she obviously regrets it. celebrities are humans too, they make mistakes. why cant we just accept her apology and try to put it behind us instead of nit picking at this CHILD who happens to be a celebrity.

Return to “The Off season”