SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Which gym do you belong to? If any.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Home, got all I need to lift here.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I see working out is not an activity many do.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I love it but need to get motivated to get back on a program, really haven't been feeling well lately as well.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens Rec Center. I go through phases of running vs lifting

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I love that place raider! Been awhile since I been down there.Being in VA Health care they let me in free.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I like it, I usually see 93bulldog there. Speaking of gyms, has anyone else been to the SPIRE place in Geneva Ohio? It's massive

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I did to Planet Fitness in Chillicothe for a couple months at $10, cancelled due to student teaching, but I won't go back. Too pretentious, they try to coax people in by bashing heavy lifters, makes for a weird atmosphere.

Oh and if you get a yearly membership at $19 a month, it's $57 to cancel, does that also count for non renewel? It feels like they don't want people to come or cancel, just let that cheap price convince people to start.

After graduation, I'll go to the Chillicothe Racquet Club. It's $45 a month, but if you get a membership, you get a free membership to the Chillicothe Country Club, which is normally $50 a month. So it's a good 2 for 1. Plus, it's 2 minutes away from my house while PF is 15 minutes.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:I love that place raider! Been awhile since I been down there.Being in VA Health care they let me in free.
I liked it down there too when I went, if I could get someone to lift more instead of getting the round ball out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

some might say Jim Beam :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry about that

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
cbolt wrote:I love that place raider! Been awhile since I been down there.Being in VA Health care they let me in free.
I liked it down there too when I went, if I could get someone to lift more instead of getting the round ball out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roundball is good exercise too! Got to get them skinny legs moving at some point :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RK always has his toothpicks moving, bet he walks 4 to 5 miles a day walking the streets and it isn't helping his bird legs out one bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ya need weight resistance to build them, your own weight is good running around on the B-ball court and good to get the blood flowing, but it's not like doing sets of squats with weights and other weight exercises with your legs. I'll pass on the B-ball and stay over there where the weights are. :lol: :lol: :lol: Jog a bit on the upstairs running area when I'm done. 8-) 8-) :D

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:RK always has his toothpicks moving, bet he walks 4 to 5 miles a day walking the streets and it isn't helping his bird legs out one bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ya need weight resistance to build them, your own weight is good running around on the B-ball court and good to get the blood flowing, but it's not like doing sets of squats with weights and other weight exercises with your legs. I'll pass on the B-ball and stay over there where the weights are. :lol: :lol: :lol: Jog a bit on the upstairs running area when I'm done. 8-) 8-) :D
I used to always play against the Athens kids. It's unreal the talent level increase.
Parker Stewart 6'5 Memphis
Griffin Lutz 6' Ohio University
Joe Burrow 6'4 Ohio State
Ibi Watson 6'7 Michigan
Ryan Luehrman 6'5 Ohio University

Saw that group play Ohio university at the ping. If you were guarding ibi or parker it was a bad day

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:RK always has his toothpicks moving, bet he walks 4 to 5 miles a day walking the streets and it isn't helping his bird legs out one bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ya need weight resistance to build them, your own weight is good running around on the B-ball court and good to get the blood flowing, but it's not like doing sets of squats with weights and other weight exercises with your legs. I'll pass on the B-ball and stay over there where the weights are. :lol: :lol: :lol: Jog a bit on the upstairs running area when I'm done. 8-) 8-) :D
I used to always play against the Athens kids. It's unreal the talent level increase.
Parker Stewart 6'5 Memphis
Griffin Lutz 6' Ohio University
Joe Burrow 6'4 Ohio State
Ibi Watson 6'7 Michigan
Ryan Luehrman 6'5 Ohio University

Saw that group play Ohio university at the ping. If you were guarding ibi or parker it was a bad day
?????????????? :? :? :lol: :lol: We are talking about building the legs up. Lifting VS Basketball. I just don't like playing basketball Raider, and I'm sure not going to pay for it. :lol: :lol: :lol: I like the place for lifting, that's worth the money, but's that's JMO.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Me and you got different goals trench.I need to lose weight and lifting weights bulks you up too much.You want to gain weight so the weight room is the place for you while I need to stay on the court bouncing a ball and running around.I suppose you could say I could stay in the weightroom and hop on one of them treadmills,but I would rather be trying to make baskets than running on one of them boring things.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

How are you going to play basketball with that knee Bolt? Lifting bulks ya up in muscle and will burn fat too, if you stay away from the high calorie diets. :lol: :lol: Playing basketball once or twice a year LOL, then eating cheeseburgers will not help. :lol: :lol: Sounds like you ought to be working out that knee to get it stronger, if you get that operation, you will see a lot of that in follow up doctor ordered therapy. My mom had to go 3 times a week at Lancaster hospital for over a year after she had hers done.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Guess I'll have to learn shoot one handed with a cane in the other :lol: I sure can't lift with it right now being bone on bone,doc gonna try injections first before surgery.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Guess I'll have to learn shoot one handed with a cane in the other :lol: I sure can't lift with it right now being bone on bone,doc gonna try injections first before surgery.
Lots of set down leg lifts will get it stronger after you get them injections. The doc will recommend weight resistance exercises. Good to hear you are trying that before getting that procedure. Ole CK gets them in her hip joints once a year. It helps her tremendously. My mom wishes she would have tried something else before she went ahead and had it done. :?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My bad Trench. Sometimes my post have ADD. I start on one subject and end up somewhere in left field :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: No biggy Mr Raider, we all are human. I forget where I'm at half the time, I gotta take a double look. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”