Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
robycop3
All State

Canceled TV shows....

Post by robycop3 »

What are some of YOUR fave shows that were canceled? What were some of 'em you were glad to see go?

Some I didn't wanna see go are:

HOMICIDE: LIFE IN THE STREETS

PLAYMAKERS(ESPN's look at the lives of fictional pro football players)

Some shows that I wuz glad to see go(and wish I'd never wasted time watching whatsoever) are:

MEET MY FOLKS (And all other similar reality trash)

COMPLETE SAVAGES(Funny as a flat tire)

PROVIDENCE(Nothing EVER happened in this "drama"!)

Some shows I'd like to see go:

JOEY(another simply un-funny "comedy". I believe it's going, going.......)

THE BACHELOR(Trash, another lame reality show that shoulda never been revived)

WIFE SWAP(and other shows of that genre...lame and stupid)

THREE WISHES(Amy grant sure made a mistake hosting THIS dog! However, I believe it might now be canceled! HOORAH!)

ExTrojan
Waterboy

Post by ExTrojan »

North Shore

THE CHOOSEN ONE HAS RETURNED
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ExTrojan wrote:North Shore

Liked or disliked?

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

YES, they cancelled the Commander-In-Chief, which was supposed to be a fictional show about Hillary Rodham Clinton. Hopefully this was her swan song also.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

PurpleBlood1 wrote:YES, they cancelled the Commander-In-Chief, which was supposed to be a fictional show about Hillary Rodham Clinton. Hopefully this was her swan song also.

HUHHH? Wheredja hear that?

It's still on the schedule.

I don't think it accurately models Hilary; the TV char is far too HONEST.

But I cannot think of a famous woman who'd be a worse prez than HRC unless it'd be Jane Fonda.

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

'Commander in Chief' taking a break

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Commander in Chief" is going on a six-week hiatus, making way for a new comedy from "Saturday Night Live" producer Lorne Michaels as part of ABC's midseason schedule makeover.

The White House drama, which brought Geena Davis a Golden Globe last month for her portrayal of the president, will air through February 28. It will be replaced in its 9-10 p.m. EST Tuesday slot March 7 by the sitcom "Sons & Daughters."

ABC will air back-to-back episodes of the half-hour show during its run. The comedy's ensemble cast includes Fred Goss, who's also an executive producer, Max Gail and Dee Wallace.

"Commander in Chief" will return April 18th for its final four new episodes of the season, the network said Wednesday. In all, the drama will air 19 episodes, shy of the usual 22, reflecting earlier production delays.

Last October, ABC turned the "Commander" reins over to veteran producer Steven Bochco ("NYPD Blue," "L.A. Law") after filming fell behind under series creator Rod Lurie, although Lurie remained with the show.

The freshman show has had an uneven ratings history. It premiered in the top 10 with more than 16 million viewers but saw its audience erode, dipping to as low as 10.4 million viewers in its last airing.

Also Wednesday, ABC announced debut dates for four new series, including two reality programs.

"Miracle Workers," a reality show about people overcoming medical challenges, will air for four weeks at 10 p.m. Monday EST starting March 6. "American Inventor," an invention search from "American Idol" producers and judge Simon Cowell, starts 8 p.m. EST Thursday, March 16, then moves into a 9 p.m. EST time slot starting March 23.

Two new dramas are joining the ABC schedule. "The Evidence" bows 10 p.m. EST Wednesday, March 22, and stars Orlando Jones and Rob Estes as members of the San Francisco Police Department.

The series takes over the time slot for "Invasion," which is on hiatus until April, ABC said.

"What About Brian," an ensemble drama about friendship and romance, previews at 10 p.m. Sunday, April 2, and then moves to its regular time period at 10 p.m. EST Monday, April 3 -- the time slot now held by "The Bachelor: Paris," which will have concluded its run.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

JOEY got cancelled NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foreverplayer12
Waterboy

Post by foreverplayer12 »

I was sad to see "Friends" go......"Joey" is not what they portrayed it to be; so, I wouldn't mind if that went.
I second Wife Swap, not a big fan of that show either.

Super Mario
All Conference

Post by Super Mario »

Commader-In-Chief is WHAT???
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

i hated COMMANDER IN CHIEF

Super Mario
All Conference

Post by Super Mario »

kevbk6222 wrote:i hated COMMANDER IN CHIEF

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LoganLoco
Waterboy

Post by LoganLoco »

An old one that was on Nickalodeon..but was one of my favorites..
Rockos Modern Life

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

Wait until the episode of Will & Grace that has Brittany Spears in it gets pulled. They will be making fun at Christ's Crucifixion in the episode and the same group that got "The Book of Daniel" cancelled is trying to get this episode pulled. I participated in both.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

kevbk6222 wrote:JOEY got cancelled NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey's just "on hiatus" now, but it's suffering ratings-wise, and is likely headed out the door.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Another unfunny "comedy", LOVE MONKEY, bit the dirt this week. Good riddance!

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

i am a redneck, so i loved The Dukes Of Hazzard

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fanzz of "Joey"...

It appears he'll be back March 7, but if his ratings don't improve considerably, it'll be his swan song.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Some other shows that appear to be "on the bubble"...

STACKED... Once ya git past staring at Pamela,(whose stock-if not her looks-has fallen due to her having become an animal-rights wacko) whaddya got? Nothing.

THE BACHELOR...OK at first, but this genre has burned out. Unfortunately we might get another "Bachelorette", in which case i'm glad I have a lotta other channels.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT...They oughtta have renamed this one "The Cat", as it seemed to have 9 lives. When will Fox get it through their heads that PEOPLE JUST AINT GONNA WATCH IT?

But they brought back a proven dud, TRU CALLING, last year, so it could tank again, so I'm not surprised.

THE AMAZING RACE...Another genre that's burned out. Its ratings were way off from last year, so it's most likely history.

Return to “The Off season”