I think it would be a good idea if..

General Chat

Should Kent Go to other Schools or Stay at what he is doing?

Total votes: 0

underarmour740
Waterboy

I think it would be a good idea if..

Post by underarmour740 »

I think that is would be a good idea if..Kent Sabon would go take pictures of other local schools besides the ones down his way! It is getting them recognition and no other teams in the lime light, and I think thats pretty weak, I honslty dont think his photos should be posted if he cant go anywhere else!

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

I am sure that if you request him to come to your game and shoot pics, he would.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Who is Kent Sabon?

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Kent Sanborn - freelance photographer.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I have heard of Kent Sanborn so I was a little confused with the name Kent Sabon.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: I think it would be a good idea if..

Post by The Instructor »

underarmour740 wrote:I think that is would be a good idea if..Kent Sabon would go take pictures of other local schools besides the ones down his way! It is getting them recognition and no other teams in the lime light, and I think thats pretty weak, I honslty dont think his photos should be posted if he cant go anywhere else!

Kent Sanborn

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I believe he doesn't get paid for shooting the pics.

If so, he should shoot pictures where he wants to shoot them.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

underarmour740 wrote:I think that is would be a good idea if..Kent Sabon would go take pictures of other local schools besides the ones down his way! It is getting them recognition and no other teams in the lime light, and I think thats pretty weak, I honslty dont think his photos should be posted if he cant go anywhere else!

Mr. Sanborn receives no compensation for his photographs and usually takes shots at games he's attending. He also contributes (free of charge)photos to various sport sites such as http://www.fightingtigersports.com, http://www.irontonfootball.com, this Seop site, and many school sites. He lives and has family in the Rock Hill district so many of his photos are from their respective games, whatever the age level or sport. However he frequents many local sport events. We are lucky and pleased that he would donate his time for this effort and are fully aware it is of his choosing to pick and select what event he shoots.
Perhaps you could find as excellent a volunteer in your own area or district that would donate their time and money invested in equipment to take photos of your events, or rather take up photography yourself and put in as much time and money as Mr. Sanborn does. If you choose to do that you can call your own shots or donate them free of charge to this site to better represent your area. I'm sure they would welcome the photos.
Last edited by ballparent on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

ballparent wrote:

Mr. Sanborn receives no compensation for his photographs and usually takes shots at games he's attending. He also contributes (free of charge)photos to various sport sites such as http://www.fightingtigersports.com, http://www.irontonfootball.com, this Seop site, and many school sites. He lives and has family in the Rock Hill district so many of his photos are from their respective games, whatever the age level or sport. However he frequents many local sport events. We are lucky and pleased that he would donate his time for this effort and are fully aware it is of his choosing to pick and select what event he shoots.
Perhaps you could find as excellent a volunteer in your own area or district that would donate the time to take photos of your events, or rather take up photography yourself and put in as much time as Mr. Sanborn does.

I AGREE.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

ballparent wrote:

Perhaps you could find as excellent a volunteer in your own area or district that would donate their time and money invested in equipment to take photos of your events, or rather take up photography yourself and put in as much time and money as Mr. Sanborn does. If you choose to do that you can call your own shots or donate them free of charge to this site to better represent your area. I'm sure they would welcome the photos.

Good Post! :-D

I am into photography too.

The equipment isn't cheap.

You have to love it to do it for nothing & then give your work away for free.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

He took Pics of the Westfall/Ironton game last year and posted them on here. He does a great Job.

Heres a thought underarmour740 Take Pick of your team and post on here, Maybe you can get an SEOP press pass for the games.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

underarmour740
And I think it's "pretty weak" to post a complaint/criticism directed at someone whose name you can't even spell correctly!!!!
I honslty dont think
That is a perfectly accurate description of you, your spelling, and this topic in general!!
I HONESTLY DO think Kent does a great job; so unless YOU are his boss or paying him for a specific service, then HE can absolutely take his talents wherever, whenever, and do whatever HE chooses! And you don't get to have any say or put his choices to a "vote"!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Whew!

She sounds a little pissed to me! :lol:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

caglewis wrote:underarmour740
And I think it's "pretty weak" to post a complaint/criticism directed at someone whose name you can't even spell correctly!!!!
I honslty dont think
That is a perfectly accurate description of you, your spelling, and this topic in general!!
I HONESTLY DO think Kent does a great job; so unless YOU are his boss or paying him for a specific service, then HE can absolutely take his talents wherever, whenever, and do whatever HE chooses! And you don't get to have any say or put his choices to a "vote"!

:-D Good post caglewis :-D

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

The pics on here are really nice ones I am jealous that he isn't closer to take ours :-D but anyone down your direction should be tickled he does this for NOTHING :shock: that is something rare anymore

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

underarmour740
Waterboy

Kent S.

Post by underarmour740 »

I'll call him Kent S... and thanks for everyones opinion from down there.. now if only i could get some people behind me from up here we might have something going.. and you guys make fun of my spelling.. good thing i cant hear you guys speak.. i would be making fun of your hillbilly accent!

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

i dont think that underarmour was trying to offend kent. i think that he just thought it would be neat if there were other schools pics. on here. i agree that it is up to him to take them where he wants to. ecspecially since hes doing it for free. how do you go about getting a press pass. i think i would like to get one and maybe post some pics myself. that is a really good idea though.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

ttt

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- what an absurd comment, he travels all over, and does it free. find your own camera , somewhere in your neighborhood, wherever that is. we need him here. people that do stuff like this, especially free. don't need flack, from slackers. kent is a great guy. we are very lucky , in our community to have people like him, john brown, bob vaughn, and the brothers that do this also, although their names escape me at this moment. and anybody else that will do this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “The Off season”